PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary LIUF 2006 3rd/4th June

mbyo15
-7th May 2006, 08:57
Dear all,

This is just to remind all student, university staff and alumni fencers that the 10th Anniversary London International Universities Fencing Tournament will be taking place on the 3rd/4th June.

Currently, we have received entries from the following countries: USA,Denmark, Uzbekistan, Russia, Germany, Switzerland and Poland. Prizes will be presented by Mr Paul Pruszynski, member of the Executive Committee of the British Olympic Association and also member of the International Olympic Committee.

We'd love to see lots more of you come along to what I think is one of the friendliest competitions around.

If interested, see the Latest Edition of 'The Sword' for a advert/entry form or e-mail UCL Fencing at uclu.fencing@gmail.com

Ed Bennett
Treasurer
UCLU Fencing Club

gbm
-7th May 2006, 09:19
I'll be there Sunday. I would be there Saturday, but I have an exam on the 3rd of June. And on the 5th just for extra fun... :upset:

J_D
-7th May 2006, 16:31
Typical, my exams are all in the week after the comp :upset:

Lenny
-8th May 2006, 00:01
I'll be there! Exams finish day before woop!!

pigeonmeister
-8th May 2006, 08:55
The Brummie team will be going (men and women)!

Old Mongoose
-8th May 2006, 20:39
Oh right, forgot about this. There should be a few heading over for the various weapons from Dublin.

*goes to book cheap flights*

Neo
-9th May 2006, 03:24
Typical, my exams are all in the week after the comp :upset:

Wusses!

mine (last woo!) is the Thursday before :grin:

and yes I'll be there... haven't fenced in about 8 months, but hey :whistle:

clockity
-9th May 2006, 08:51
...haven't fenced in about 8 months, but hey :whistle:

Will that make a difference? ;) Might see you at another competition soon then.

mbyo15
-9th May 2006, 09:15
I think the Uni of London must be an oddball then. Most UCL exams will be over by the 23rd May (I'm 2/3rds of the way through mine atm).

Glad you are all comming - look forward to getting your entry forms. We have already got more people than ever before which is quite cool. I'm joyously watching the numbers go up. The only down side of course (for the UCL organisers) is that we have more organising to do but hey - I think its worth it !

Edward

Lenny
-11th May 2006, 16:30
Uzbekistan eh? Any good fencers from this most obscure of nations?

Old Mongoose
-11th May 2006, 17:45
Uzbekistan eh? Any good fencers from this most obscure of nations?

Yes. Oh yes indeedy.

D'Artignan
-11th May 2006, 17:59
Is said Uzbek gonna be in the Irish team for the Student 5 Nations, by any chance?:whistle:

Old Mongoose
-11th May 2006, 18:01
Is said Uzbek gonna be in the Irish team for the Student 5 Nations, by any chance?:whistle:

Only if he became 10 or so years younger :rolling:

Mellish
-22nd May 2006, 15:12
Is there a website? A search on the UCL website gives details for the 2005 comp. (I want a map! Or even just a postcode for the venue...)

Mellish
-22nd May 2006, 15:22
Found it: http://www.fencing.uclu.org/main_page.htm

Click on the LIUF tab.

Keith.A.Smith
-22nd May 2006, 18:14
Dear Ed,

I really hope that LIUF goes well. Sory I cannot attend as I am the FIE Observer at a Women's sabre A Grade in Austria. I think it is really great you are organising this event. It is good to host an international student competition in London.

I really hope all goes well and do send the results to BFA and also a full report with photos to Malcolm Fare for the Sword.

Keith

DJR
-22nd May 2006, 22:36
Is it still possible to enter the LIUF?

mbyo15
-28th May 2006, 13:43
Yes it is - just send an email to uclu.fencing@gmail.com - We need name, uni and weapon

Edward