PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen...

nessyfencer
-9th May 2006, 15:43
...Here I come :)

Got an offer from Aberdeen for 06/07 and found out today that I got the grade needed - so looks like I'll be joining you lot :grin:

Bambi
-10th May 2006, 13:03
Good good. At least I know I'll recruit one new fresher in september!!!

D'Artignan
-10th May 2006, 13:18
Does this mean that you'll be handing back all that stuff you got as sponsorship from your college, Nessy?:nanananan

Congrats, btw.

nessyfencer
-10th May 2006, 18:40
Hand back? What's this concept?

Oh yeah Bambi, I'll be there.

Thanks D'art.

nessyfencer
-15th May 2006, 20:34
Any advice on the best university halls Bambi?

Bambi
-20th May 2006, 00:08
Go for crombie en-suite. pricey but nice to have you own loo!!
For second go crombie normal. Third choice and personal fav is Johnstone halls. I stayed there and had a great time.
Stay away from Hillhead, its based on a womens prison in sweeden!!! no joke.

nessyfencer
-20th May 2006, 13:02
Go for crombie en-suite. pricey but nice to have you own loo!!
For second go crombie normal. Third choice and personal fav is Johnstone halls. I stayed there and had a great time.
Stay away from Hillhead, its based on a womens prison in sweeden!!! no joke.

Oh dear - it's hillhead I'm looking at - based on price more than anything else. Hopefully can manage to afford one of the others you mentioned then. Is there self catered Crombie Johnstone halls? Application forms make it look like there are just catered.

Bambi
-21st May 2006, 23:47
yeah they are just catered. you get to meet mrs P if you go there, she is the crazy head dinner lady. really funny hearing her complain how life's a b**ch.

its also 2 mins away from the hall in which we train. hillhead is a good 15-20 mins away. and its not a walk you want to take at 12 midnight after spending hours in the pub after training, especially as you have to walk through seaton park!! there is a great chance of gang rape there!!!

nessyfencer
-29th August 2006, 19:32
Anyone any plans for freshers week? just been looking at http://www.ausa.org.uk/freshers and things are looking good :)

Ulrika
-30th August 2006, 05:40
Stay away from Hillhead, its based on a womens prison in sweeden!!! no joke.Huh..?

[extra]

randomsabreur
-30th August 2006, 09:13
I heard that about Shackleton Hall in Birmingham. Hopefully if there's 2 of them, neither is unique so neither should be listed!!!!!

D'Artignan
-30th August 2006, 10:07
I heard that about Shackleton Hall in Birmingham. Hopefully if there's 2 of them, neither is unique so neither should be listed!!!!!My halls at Heriot-Watt were allegedly based on a women's prison, too, although I'm uncertain as to the whereabouts of the prison, as senility seems to have set in.

Piston Broke
-30th August 2006, 11:47
Cell Block H D'Artignan?

D'Artignan
-30th August 2006, 13:26
Cell Block H D'Artignan?Possibly, given the the build quality of the place, although there were some lovely examples of femalehood amongst the inmates, sorry students in the halls, too.

Piston Broke
-30th August 2006, 15:12
Hope you didn't drop the soap.

D'Artignan
-30th August 2006, 22:58
I did, but made sure you weren't in the vicinity before picking it up.

Piston Broke
-31st August 2006, 13:24
In your dreams, of course you could always use shower gel.