PDA

View Full Version : Duel on the Beach 2006

tigger
-16th May 2006, 12:19
Hi all

The Duel on the Beach info for 2006:

The event has moved back to the August Bank Holiday weekend. Book accommodation now! If you have any problems please get in touch and we'll help.

Date - Saturday August 26th

Time - Foil STARTS at 9am. PLEASE be ready to fence at 9am sharp. Sabre is expected to start at 2pm. But please be ready from 1pm just in case!

Venue - The Beach, the Watering Hole, Perranporth

Teams - (Team captains and contacts are in brackets - please let me know if you are no longer the team's contact)

Foil
Truro A (Richard Bonehill)
Truro B (Richard Bonehill)
Nottingham Cavaliers A (Lindsay Watkiss)
Nottingham Cavaliers B (Lindsay Watkiss)
Portsmouth (Carl and Jenny Morris)
Combined London Universities (Lucy Orhnial)
Bath Sword Club (Jane Hutchison or Lynne Bornemisza)
GB Veterans (Dave Sweeney)
Swindon FC (Neil Bromley)

Sabre
Truro A (Richard Bonehill)
Truro B (Richard Bonehill)
Nottingham Cavaliers (Lindsay Watkiss)
Bath Sword (Jane Hutchison or Lynne Bornemisza)
Portsmouth (Carl and Jenny Morris)
GB Veterans (Dave Sweeney)
Swindon (Neil Bromley)
Laszlos (Ellie Collier)
Swash Renegades (Emma Hynes)

THERE IS NO EPEE EVENT

THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL PISTES AND THEREFORE NO ADDITIONAL TEAMS THIS YEAR

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO TAKE PART PLEASE NOTIFY ME ASAP SO WE CAN INVITE AN ALTERNATIVE TEAM

Once again we will hold a fabulous party at the Watering Hole after the competition. This will start around 8pm. There will be a big barbecue, the legendary Duel on the Beach raffle, live music at the Watering Hole, vast amounts of alcohol and general merriment.

Barbecue tickets will cost 10. Please notify me as soon as possible of the number of tickets required. Friends, relatives, pets and spouses all equally welcome!

We would also welcome any assistance with setting up the event early on Saturday. Thanks to Swindon who have already offered their input. We will be on the beach ready to build pistes at 5am...!

Any fencers who'd just like to come down and join in the fun are more than welcome!

Any questions? PM me or post here.

Best wishes

Jon

PM1
-18th May 2006, 21:48
Dear Lord above - is it THAT time of year again???...ranting

D'Artignan
-18th May 2006, 21:53
If any team is looking for a guest foilist, let me know...:whistle:

Boo Boo
-18th May 2006, 23:22
If any team is looking for a guest foilist, let me know...:whistle:

I don't know, still strongly considering finding a replacement for Chubby this year on the Bath Sword Team.... (after last year :( )

Boo