PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply

Aoife
-25th May 2006, 14:32
I can't get quick reply to work :( Every time I try and use it, it says I need to activate it my clicking on a quick reply tab or something, but even clicking the quick reply icon in the previous post (next to 'quote') doesn't seem to work. Help!

gbm
-25th May 2006, 14:42
What web browser are you using? Is Javascript disabled?

Aoife
-25th May 2006, 23:19
Still on cruddy IE (I think my mum would freak if I changed it, she only used two sites which she needs for work, and even then needs somebody with her because she's scared of going wrong).

Javascript? I don't know. I'm too tired and confuddled. All I know is Quick Reply works for me in the other two of this 'style' of forums that I use (what's it called? vBulletin or something?) but not in this one. I only noticed because I've become over-reliant on it in another board, and I was using both at once, and tried it here without thinking, and it didn't work. :shrug:

gbm
-26th May 2006, 09:48
Still on cruddy IE (I think my mum would freak if I changed it, she only used two sites which she needs for work, and even then needs somebody with her because she's scared of going wrong).

Installing Opera or Firefox won't remove IE - your Mum will probably not even know it is installed. :whistle:

nessyfencer
-23rd June 2006, 00:16
Where has the quick reply box gone? *Unimpressed* :dont:

D'Artignan
-23rd June 2006, 00:20
Wingnut disabled it because it was a fairly useless option. Can't remember which thread he said he'd done it in, but he did say it yesterday at some point. I think. Possibly.:shrug:

nessyfencer
-23rd June 2006, 00:23
Useless? USELESS??? Well I used it - a lot. In fact - all the time!

BigPappaBear
-23rd June 2006, 10:01
Yeah it didn't work for a lot of people!

The post is called "editing"

Gav
-23rd June 2006, 10:10
I used it because I am on a ISDN 2 line that I share with 40 other users. Loading another page DOES make a difference to me. It's not a bad change though.

I don't miss it enough to complain lots.

wingnutLP
-23rd June 2006, 10:31
I can easily re instate and just leave the quick edit feature disabled if people want?

Gav
-23rd June 2006, 10:59
I've just read a sister post in another thread which suggests that keeping it disabled will be a good idea.

Sorry Nessy' but if, "It's just handy. You see a post, want to reply and there is the box." is how people think of it then I am not for it. Perhaps if people spend time thinking about they are going to say we will see a rise in the general standard of chat.

nessyfencer
-23rd June 2006, 11:51
I've just read a sister post in another thread which suggests that keeping it disabled will be a good idea.

Sorry Nessy' but if, "It's just handy. You see a post, want to reply and there is the box." is how people think of it then I am not for it. Perhaps if people spend time thinking about they are going to say we will see a rise in the general standard of chat.

Fair enough but I hardly think that people will use the time it takes the next page to load to think about what they are saying.

Gav
-23rd June 2006, 11:54
Fair enough but I hardly think that people will use the time it takes the next page to load to think about what they are saying.

Perhaps they should.

I'm not saying I am not guilty of this either.

wingnutLP
-23rd June 2006, 12:40
Maybe I can add a "10 Seconds thinking time page"!

Or a pop up box:

"are you sure that this post will add something worthwhile to the forum?"

YES NO

:)