PDA

View Full Version : New England Fencing Youth Officer

Baldric
-6th August 2006, 23:56
Sorry about using this - the LPJS section is the nearest thing to a youth fencing area that there is on the Forum.

Congratulations and best of luck to Matthew Thompson on his appointment as England Fencing's new Youth Officer. (Pending confirmation by council)

Many of you will know Matthew from his role as "Tomorrow's Achievers" co-ordinator, or as the initiator and organiser of the EYC U13 events.

The official announcement can be found here: http://www.englandfencing.org.uk/index.php?module=announce&ANN_user_op=view&ANN_id=110

I know that Matthew was very much encouraged to apply for this post by the help and support that he enjoyed from a wide cross section of the youth fencing community.

I wish him well in his new job.

Regards

Baldric

vikkia
-7th August 2006, 08:02
Seconded, Well done Matthew!!!

uphillstruggler
-7th August 2006, 10:53
In total agreement well done Matthew!

Tubby
-7th August 2006, 11:51
Matt

Good on you! Best of luck.

Andrew

Louis CB
-7th August 2006, 12:29
Well done Matthew!:thumbs_up

PM1
-14th August 2006, 19:41
Matthew knows he has my full support (as usual), but - and of course there is a "but" - I didn't see the post advertised, let alone a job description. I know he is working on one for himself as I type this, and I also know he will do a damn fine job.

And I know I will happily be drawn into working with him to improve the lot of England's young fencers, and that very soon!!!

Watch out out there....he is a very pursuasive man......!!!!!:whistle:

Baldric
-14th August 2006, 20:40
Matthew knows he has my full support (as usual), but - and of course there is a "but" - I didn't see the post advertised, let alone a job description.

The job was certainly advertised at the nationals - there were a number of posters on the wall. I know that PM1 was head down, flogging Tee Shirts, but one poster was right next to the door of the cafe.

The vacancy was also mentioned to anyone who subscribes to one of the EF newsletters - sorry - I can't remember which one.

A job description was available on request - I know cos I asked for one, and got it by return email.

With a job like that, at this time of year, there is a pressure to fill it (EYCs approaching in a few weeks etc.) Too much fannying about with due process could be detrimental for all concerned.

Of course, MT's appointment is pro-tem and subject to ratification by council, so if anyone thinks they could do better, they could always put themselves forward there.

Regards

Baldric

PM1
-14th August 2006, 21:45
I'm delighted to be proved wrong :grin: ...I clearly do not look in the correct places. I really must stop talking to Matthew, as well......:whistle:. I think he will be superb, and deserves all our support.