PDA

View Full Version : hello hello

natsgrant
-28th August 2003, 16:32
I'm finally introducing myself.... :eek:

I'm a new fencer. I only started a year ago - but haven't fenced for months properly (once here and there).

I started fencing at Glasgow West (GWEFC), and doing the nightclass at Strathclyde Uni. I've quickly learnt that all fencers are utter nutters - hence doing it myself.

I'm clearly avoiding doing any constructive work at my desk and thought this would be much better...

So a quick hi to everyone else avoiding work. :confused:

Moose
-29th August 2003, 00:21
Welcome to our little mad corner of the web. Have fun :grin:

Rdb811
-29th August 2003, 00:26
Hello and welcome.

natsgrant
-29th August 2003, 11:18

rory
-29th August 2003, 12:49
Croatian Fencing Federation (http://pubwww.srce.hr/fencing/hms.htm)
(partly in English)

Couldn't find anything in Bosnia (only really looked for clubs in Sarajevo though).
When you leaving?

Arturo
-29th August 2003, 14:33
...I knew you were bored, but posting on Fencing Forum?

Why don't you watch paint dry instead, or count grains of rice, or ask Rory to talk to you about javascript, coz you're not going to learn anything about fencing here, other than how much fencers love to bicker and talk about boy bands.

Mind you, I still look at it when I'm bored. I can only spend so long picking my nose and sneaking out the back for a fag when I'm working before I lose the will to live.

Flipper Boy

rory
-29th August 2003, 14:40
Flipper Boy

Go on, enlighten me. Wherefore art thou Flipper Boy?
And you can stuff the JavaScript up yer :moon: for starters Arturo!

;)

natsgrant
-29th August 2003, 15:15
thanks rory

i'll have a look at that and hopefully find something! :rolleyes:

i'm planning to have young michael coach me in the mean time (no snickering please...), until I figure out how to get from Banja Luka to Zagreb/wherever clubs are in Croatia.

lift off is 18th september - just less than 3 weeks. scary, scary pants. :dizzy:

then michael will be over at some point in november to serve as my house gimp. :sam:

how are you? how's work treating you?

nats

natsgrant
-29th August 2003, 15:16
arturo

what are you like?! rory is being kind and helpful. plus, i've already watched paint dry this week.

blagh.... :moon:

Arturo
-1st September 2003, 11:10
I apologise profusely for my unprovoked attack on Rory's javascript skills. It is a noble profession, and I'm only jealous because my web skills consist of very basic html, as anyone who has seen my website will testify.

Sometimes I am aggressive and flippant to hide the fact that really I am shy and lacking in self-confidence. I'll give you a hug next time I see you, Rory, and I'll try not to get too aroused while doing it.

Flipper boy, because Arturo is a character in a book who has flippers instead of arms and legs.

Good luck at Essex next week.

natsgrant
-2nd September 2003, 09:33
heya arturo

you are a one!
x

SoulTripper
-5th September 2003, 13:58
Hey,

mu mum's croatian! Hoorah. Thinking of living in Croatia for a while and doing some fencing out there. There's a family friend of ours whose Croatian who teaches at Finchley Foil club (plus others but I don't which) alongside Ziemek W. His name is Marinko Stepinac and is very good. When I had a quick lesson of him (I was a total beginner) I didn't quite recognise his style, but after heading to Budapest and had lessons Csaba Kun and Robert Kiss, I do.

I can try and contact him and find out what clubs there are Croatia. Will you be in Zagreb or down south coast near Dubrovnik or Split?

p.s. I'm getting better after 4 months. going to watch (not compete) the Essex this weekend. Should be good.:tongue:

natsgrant
-5th September 2003, 16:09
hey hey

thanks so... much for the information!

sorry this is so... quick. today is my last day at work and i'm being dragged to the pub.

i'll try and send you a message later next week. i would love to get in touch with a club - probably zagreb.

i'll be in banja luka - half way between zagreb and sarajevo.

thanks again and have a good weekend.
nats

PM1
-5th September 2003, 18:20
safe journey, natsgrant. keep in touch.........;) ;)

katie
-8th September 2003, 11:34
Originally posted by natsgrant

i'm planning to have young michael coach me in the mean time (no snickering please...)

Oo-er.

Moose
-8th September 2003, 14:59
Young Michael eh? :blaaaa:

SoulTripper
-8th September 2003, 20:40
Hello again,

I spoke to Marinko tonight and asked if there were any clubs in Zagreb.

He mentioned a sports hall called "Dom sportava" where fencing is taught, however, the standard is not high from when he lsat looked.

also, a link to a couple of clubs can be found here

http://public.srce.hr/fencing/msz1.htm

I hope this info helps.

Any more queries, let me know. I'll get my mother to translate!

natsgrant
-9th September 2003, 12:45
hey hey katie

you know i'm angelic.

young michael will be coaching me in the fine art of fencing and nowt else. :o

it's clearly you're dirty mind...

will be passing round gwefc later ce soir.
see ya.
x

natsgrant
-9th September 2003, 12:47
erm, have to clear up.
young michael ain't that young - he's not a junior fencer or anything!
eek. not a dirty ol' lady. honest.
;)

natsgrant
-9th September 2003, 12:51
Hey Soul Tripper

Thanks for the link.

Apparently Zagreb is about 4 hours away. So I will only go to the club at weekends - if there is one available then.

If you pass by anything about fencing in the Balkans (probably Croatia/Zagreb is closer for me), I am very grateful if you can pass it my way!

Back to the mad packing...

Moose
-9th September 2003, 13:22
Originally posted by natsgrant

eek. not a dirty ol' lady. honest.
;)

Damn, was just sounding interesting :)

natsgrant
-14th September 2003, 19:20
hey that's a whole other story. i'm only new on the forum and don't want to be kicked off it already!
:rolleyes:

Moose
-14th September 2003, 22:17
Well if anyone was ever gonna get kicked off I think I'd be one of the first to go, thankfully they've not done so. I think Kingkenny is cursing the day he had me in the shop and had the opportunity to kill me and hide the body yet chose to sell me equipment instead :D

So come on, what's the story then?

Rdb811
-15th September 2003, 23:57
Kingkenny probably thought of that but then realised he'd do his back in shifting your carcass.

(Writs a man with a morbid dread of passing whaling captains called Ahab).

natsgrant
-16th September 2003, 11:48
and the story goes....

sexy, experienced fencer woos new fencing chick with his fancy moves.

er, i'll stop there before i cause a scandal.
x
;)

Moose
-16th September 2003, 13:10
Ooooh, scandals are good. So tell us all. This sounds interesting.... :grin:

Arturo
-17th September 2003, 12:35
natsgrant,

I have to say, I'm disappointed by your loose morals, and I am very glad you chose not to share any more of your salacious behaviour with us.

I believe Scotland will be a cleaner living place with you in Bosnia.

I hope this 'young Michael' is happy with you sharing details of your rapacious lust for his svelte, well-muscled body and handsome, chiselled features on this forum.

rory
-17th September 2003, 13:11
If Michael is the lad I think he might be, then he ain't young.

And 'handsome, chiselled features' do not equate to a face like a sack of hammers...!

(only kidding)

katie
-18th September 2003, 11:20
Originally posted by Arturo
natsgrant,

I have to say, I'm disappointed by your loose morals, and I am very glad you chose not to share any more of your salacious behaviour with us.

I believe Scotland will be a cleaner living place with you in Bosnia.

I hope this 'young Michael' is happy with you sharing details of your rapacious lust for his svelte, well-muscled body and handsome, chiselled features on this forum.

First of all I must defend my friend. She will be much missed around GWE.

Secondly, you seem to be rather complimentary about "young Michael's" physique. Is there more scandal here perhaps....

Thirdly, what does "rapacious" mean (I'm a software engineer - you can't expect me to understand big long words)?

Rdb811
-18th September 2003, 11:48
Unrestrained, greedy - "prone to raping" (if being literal) is it's orignal sense, i think.

Moose
-18th September 2003, 13:06
Bit like you then Roger :)

Rdb811
-18th September 2003, 23:07
And you've never meet me.:confused:

natsgrant
-21st September 2003, 17:02
the things one finds on a fencing forum after few days....

you lot clearly are quite bored at work, eh?

thanks for the support katie (I think...).

bosnia is grand. in an internet cafe full of dodgy 15 year olds swearing loudly in english. great.

rory - i've seen you give michael the eye on many occasions!

:moon: