PDA

View Full Version : Afterlife...?

Captchris
-20th August 2006, 18:49
After you graduated from uni and you left the fencing club there, what did you do? Did you join the local club if you stayed in the area or did you move home and join one there?

Jossele
-25th August 2006, 17:46
Well, it seems I'll stick with the club(s) I've been frequenting so far
outside of term time (when the university club does not meet). As you grow
old and grey ;) I suppose you might not want to stay in a student club
forever, although that remains to be seen (club affiliation that is, hair has already
made up its mind :o: ). What bugs me, though, is that I won't be able to fence
BUSA matches any more!

Farrago
-28th August 2006, 12:04
I've moved away from home and university so I don't really get any choice in the matter. I'm waiting until I get a job, fencing is too expensive when not at univesrsity and unemployed! Currently looking into clubs in the local area though.

Dave Hillier
-28th August 2006, 13:34
I kept fencing at the uni and the local club I frequented whilst still in Southampton (This was a uni club that let alumni, and almost anyone else fence there). When I moved away I joined the local club.

Captchris
-28th August 2006, 17:24
I've moved away from home and university so I don't really get any choice in the matter. I'm waiting until I get a job, fencing is too expensive when not at univesrsity and unemployed! Currently looking into clubs in the local area though.

I've found that most clubs need nightly fees to cover the cost of the hall etc. Especially if it is situated in a sports hall run by the local authorities. If you ask nicely or get pally with the people who run the club, you could ask for a student discount? Either that or become a coach and then you can offset your fees with coaching experience!

Farrago
-31st August 2006, 10:19
I'm not actually a student any more, I meant that I've just graduated (sorry for the confusion). But I've just got a job with a local uni so hopefully will be able to join their club.