PDA

View Full Version : University of Warwick National Novices Competition

SuburbanMyth
-17th October 2006, 14:34
This year's National Novices competition takes place on Saturday 4th November. We've emailed a lot of uni clubs already, but if anyone thinks they/their club would be interested, and haven't received any info, please either PM me or email the club ( fencing@sunion.warwick.ac.uk ), and we'll get the information to you.

For those that don't know, National Novices is a competition Warwick runs every year, for men and women's foil. It is open to any university student with less than two years experience.

Finally, to those who have already been contacted/ expressed interest; finalised information, entry forms etc should be in the process of being sent out in the next few days.

Thanks, and hope to see a lot of you there,
Laura (UWFC Vice-President)

Nick_C
-19th October 2006, 18:17
Loughborough Uni has received no word of this competition, despite my asking last year and the year before to be placed on the email list :mad:

Emma T
-19th October 2006, 23:56
I would thoroughly recommend this competition! V upset I can no longer go to it - it was so friendly and well organised! I hope this years is as good as last years was.

SuburbanMyth
-20th October 2006, 09:46
Loughborough Uni has received no word of this competition, despite my asking last year and the year before to be placed on the email list :mad:

I apologise if no word was sent on to you after requesting information. I know our Novice Captain has had problems getting working email addresses for some clubs, so we haven't been able to contact everyone on our lists. If your club is still interested, could you PM me your club address, and I'll get all the info sent out to you ASAP.

Thanks

silvercross
-21st October 2006, 12:31
Is it possible to get the info sent to our club as well?

liverpool.u.fencing@gmail.com

We've not heard about the comp, and we've got a few novices who might be interested in attending.

Thanks. :)

weezi_ukcfence
-21st October 2006, 22:43
Same! - I've had some info but I need specifics! I'm the novice rep for UKC so
please could you email the details to les7@kent.ac.uk cos I'm organising our novices. Thanks!

SuburbanMyth
-26th October 2006, 20:00
Just a quick reminder that the closing date for entering Nat. Novices is 2nd November. However, we do operate on a first come first served basis, and we do have a limit on the number of competitors we can take (i.e., fit in the hall).

Everyone who asked for information to be sent: the emails went out last weekend, so ye all should have received :)

Thanks

aber ollie
-6th November 2006, 10:03
From everyone at Abersystwyth that attended last weekend, thank you for a well structured and fun open. Our novices gained lots of valuable piste experience and all enjoyed it enormously. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay to see the men's final (darkest wales is a long way away don't you know!).

Nick_C
-6th November 2006, 10:32
I apologise if no word was sent on to you after requesting information. I know our Novice Captain has had problems getting working email addresses for some clubs, so we haven't been able to contact everyone on our lists. If your club is still interested, could you PM me your club address, and I'll get all the info sent out to you ASAP.

Thanks

I did PM your the email address, but we never got the email

Any chance of putting up the results?

silvercross
-6th November 2006, 10:51
Yes, complete results would be most welcomed!

On behalf of the one participant from liverpool uni, thanks. From what we all heard, he really enjoyed the competition. Definitely recommending it for next year.

On a completely random topic. As I sit here on the library computer lab:

Why do grown women suck their thumbs when looking at the computer screen??!! :confused: DO they even know other people notice and put comments like this on webforums?

SinOfTheFleche
-21st November 2006, 00:54
Bump....

Will results ever be available?

SuburbanMyth
-21st November 2006, 09:07
Hey all, sorry about the delay, but here are the results for National Novices 2006:

WOMEN'S FOIL:

1 DERBYSHIRE Liz Keele
2 KAUSHAL Aradh Keele
3 CAIN Rebecca Leicester
4 O'CONNEL Rebecca Aberystwyth
5 DICKINSON Harriet Oxford
6 HUTCHINSON Emma Kent
7 PETERS Sarah Keele
8 WEATHERBURN Lyndall Oxford
9 MORTON Gemma Kent
10 PAPE Rachel Oxford
11 HUNTER Roz Warwick
12 ELEY Nicola Kent
13 WICKER Liz Aberystwyth
14 GREEN Laura Aberystwyth

MEN'S FOIL:

1 CAMPBELL Simon Oxford
2 SADEGHI Arash Oxford
3 OTTONELLO Luca Kent
4 MORGAN Glyn Liverpool
5 HALLIFAX Rob Oxford
6 REDSHAW Daniel Leicester
7 KELLEY Michael Keele
8 RATCLIFFE Alex Keele
9 MURRAY Toma Kent
10 PARSONS Jonathon Warwick
11 ASHOUSH Tariq Kent
12 PRATAP Amitesh Warwick
13 MILES Robert Keele
14 GOULD Matthew Kent
15 DOBBS Rhys Aberystwyth
16 WHATMUFF Mark Warwick
17 SMITH Daniel Keele
18 WALKER Simon Warwick
19 BLACK Aidan Kent
20 ELLAM Robert Leicester
21 CHO Yun Kent
22 ADRANGHI Alex Kent
23 HUMPREYSON Chris Keele
24 JONES Chris Kent
25 YOUNG Roland Oxford
26 FENTON Sean Aberystwyth
27 ALEXANDER Pierre Aberystwyth
28 THURSON Daniel Keele
29 MCNAB Daniel Aberystwyth

I'd just like to say thanks from us all to everyone that came and competed or reffed. Hope to see you back again next year!

SinOfTheFleche
-21st November 2006, 09:43
Thanks for posting them :)

Nick_C
-21st November 2006, 13:12
You entered?? And only came sixth???? :p

Red
-21st November 2006, 14:38
Er... I messed up one poule fight and met Mr Campbell (he's bloody good) slightly prematurely. I thought I came fifth, but somebody must've broken seed.

Nick_C
-21st November 2006, 17:22
we should arrange a lufbra-leics beginners' match for next term

Red
-23rd November 2006, 12:14
Sabre'd be a little one sided tho :P My nuclear novices would demolish all in their path. That said, I intend to enter a team or two of them into the county (21st Jan).

Nick_C
-23rd November 2006, 13:32
ah, can you send me a copy of the county comps this season?

Red
-23rd November 2006, 14:03
The lovely county secretary will send them out when she is ready to. If we leave her to it without pressuring her, we'll get them in the week after the comp. Innocent text message on its way to her now asking her when they'll emerge...