PDA

View Full Version : BUSA Scottish Qualifiers

Skartha
-27th October 2006, 12:30
Good luck to everyone who is representing their great and glorious institutions this weekend. Queen Margaret Men are back, and ready to continue propping up Division 2 :) Still, at least we have 4 fencers this year rather than 3...

Hopefully 'twill be an excellent weekend, and good experience for our beginners. I'll be writing up the event for the university magazine as well: joy.

D'Artignan
-27th October 2006, 12:36
Div 2, you say? Go easy on me if you end up fencing me - I may be rather delicate...:whistle:

Skartha
-27th October 2006, 12:51
I wouldn't worry about us - 3 total beginners and me, who has been fencing just over e year. Besides, foil's the one weapon I'm not fencing :)

D'Artignan
-27th October 2006, 12:53
I never said anything about foil....;) :nanananan

Pointless
-27th October 2006, 14:00
I have to leave here at quarter to seven tomorrow {whines} Fencing competitions should start later for lazy people like myself.
I will be there, fencing sabre and epee (for QM for those who don't know).
Four fencers on the girls team this year - amazing! :D

fencingmum
-27th October 2006, 16:42
Have fun everybody - and good luck, Edinburgh!

D'Artignan
-27th October 2006, 16:44
Should that "Edinburgh" be pronounced "Dundee"?:grin:

Piston Broke
-27th October 2006, 17:06
You'll need all the luck you can get D'Artignan.

D'Artignan
-27th October 2006, 17:10
Shouldn't you be fiddling with your weapon, Mr Broke?

Piston Broke
-27th October 2006, 18:09
Only in your dreams D'Artignan. Although I'm sure Scumdee will get their a**** felt tomorrow.

Pointless
-27th October 2006, 19:48
Well, we're in Edinburgh so obviously meant us! ;)
I should go and get my stuff together but I can't be bothered getting off the couch :( And I swear my fencing socks have shrunk!

nessyfencer
-28th October 2006, 11:02
Good luck everyone. Hmm, but everyone can't have good luck or no one would lose which means no one would win therefore giving everyone bad luck. Hmmm, OK, good luck D'art. Hope these young uns don't mess you up too much.

Come on Aberdeen!!! Woot.

Skartha
-28th October 2006, 23:21
Day One down - not too shabby from the Queen Margaret Men's team. Two defeats: 130-76 to Strathclyde and 135-75 to Edinburgh B - but some good moments from a very inexperienced side :) Stirling, St Andrews B and Dundee tomorrow.

Pointless
-28th October 2006, 23:50
Nessy :eek: I want good luck! (and I'm not fencing Aberdeen, so you can still give me good luck) Actually, I need some of your epee vibes...my arm is very bruised :(
{glares at any evil people around who got to the chips in the pub and pinched them all}

nessyfencer
-29th October 2006, 16:05
Nessy :eek: I want good luck! (and I'm not fencing Aberdeen, so you can still give me good luck) Actually, I need some of your epee vibes...my arm is very bruised :(
{glares at any evil people around who got to the chips in the pub and pinched them all}

Lol, shame.

How did today go folks?

D'Artignan
-29th October 2006, 18:54
It was very painful. My calves feel like they are about to explode. And making parries, especially at sabre, with your delicate man-bits is not fun.

However, Scumdee did win Div 2, so all my drinking was justified. The nightclub which MTF and the Tooth Fairy dragged us to was not, though.

Pointless
-29th October 2006, 19:56
Anyone know who came where? I assume we're in our standard position of propping up the girls division two, but wondering where others are :).

MakeTradeFair
-30th October 2006, 10:34
Shame on you D'art - not being able to appreciate the "finer" things in life.... like dodgy school discos. And I thought you and bananaman were getting on very well.....

At least Scotty B looked like he was enjoying himself.......

I do not know all the results.... However I believe Dundee won both mens and girls Div II, whilst Edinburgh won both Div I's both followed by St Andrews who came second in mens and ladies Div I, and Aberdeen who I believe came third in mens and girls Div I. ... Anyone noticing any trends....?

D'Artignan
-30th October 2006, 10:59
Shame on you D'art - I thought you and bananaman were getting on very well.....

Nah, it was Fred Flintstone and the random tranny, who were the posers....

And Matt reckons the Tooth Fairy nicked his skeleton

Pendy
-30th October 2006, 11:16
I don't Reckon! I know!!!
Yes all of your drinking was justified....including the stella in the morning!!

D'Artignan
-30th October 2006, 11:47
Oh, btw does anyone know how to get pink dye out of shirts, underplastrons, jackets and T-shirts?

Normal soap powder just doesn't do the job these days....:whistle:

Piston Broke
-30th October 2006, 13:12
Oh, btw does anyone know how to get pink dye out of shirts, underplastrons, jackets and T-shirts?

Your mother D'Artignan?

D'Artignan
-30th October 2006, 13:15
Your mother D'Artignan?Apparently not.:upset:

Pointless
-30th October 2006, 13:39
Pink dye? Oooerr....

Bambi
-30th October 2006, 13:48

Get barry scott to use his cillit bang on your kit. might make it smell nice too!!

Was a good weekend. Very pleased with Aberdeen mens AND womens team qulaifying for trophy.

Well dont to everyone else who did well and to Strathclyde for hosting.

MakeTradeFair
-30th October 2006, 13:50
And Matt reckons the Tooth Fairy nicked his skeleton

HIS skeleton?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! As I recall his skeleton was confiscated by the bouncers - and I managed to smuggle one out whilst the bouncer was dealing with him.

I found all the lads in the Dundee Team firing into the big beast on Sat night. Sexy...

Skartha
-30th October 2006, 14:20
Meh. We won a weapon... ;)

D'Artignan
-30th October 2006, 16:53
I found all the lads in the Dundee Team firing into the big beast on Sat night. Sexy...No you didn't. I waited till you went to bed before I had my shot.:cool:

D'Artignan
-30th October 2006, 17:44
Pink dye? Oooerr....Um, yeah. You really don't wanna know......

nessyfencer
-30th October 2006, 20:14
Um, yeah. You really don't wanna know......

No, we do!

D'Artignan
-30th October 2006, 22:24
Seriously, Ness, you don't:dont:

Pointless
-1st November 2006, 18:09
It's that sort of morbid curiosity...

D'artignan - I still have absolutely no idea who you are even though I ended up scoring a Dundee match!

D'Artignan
-1st November 2006, 22:13
I was the lefty who was pissed all weekend

Piston Broke
-2nd November 2006, 10:27
and sporting a lovely pink wig

twohappyhippos
-2nd November 2006, 18:26
What a good weekend. Interesting AGM on the Saturday, wasn't it MakeTradeFair? Thanks to Strathclyde for the halls and stuff! Shame i missed out on the pink wig D'art! Did you enjoy your sleeps on the floor?

D'Artignan
-3rd November 2006, 00:06
I would have enjoyed them better if someone didn't interrupt them by making me fence, then take great delight in teling me how bad my epee is.....:whistle:

Lucan
-3rd November 2006, 09:02
Interesting AGM on the Saturday, wasn't it MakeTradeFair?AGM
(which incidently is on the 28th Nov.

AGM. I was told 28th Nov. Have you had it??

Pointless
-4th November 2006, 17:01
Pissed really doesn't narrow it down :tongue:
Last year's scientific testing at BUSA concluded people actually fence better when drunk for some reason!
But yes, pink wig did stand out a bit..

We managed to get through the comp without an injury this year, only to have 3 on our first practice afterwards!

D'Artignan
-4th November 2006, 21:56
You lot were lucky, then. I physically couldn't move by the time it came to our last match. We still won it though.:grin:

Pointless
-4th November 2006, 22:23
I pulled a muscle in my shoulder in my second epee match, but managed to work around it, and that was it. I wasn't actually even that sore afterwards which surprised me :) Must be getting used to this competition lark! :grin: :whistle:

D'Artignan
-5th November 2006, 16:47
You sure it wasn't the two bottles of vodka that dulled the pain?:tongue:

Pointless
-5th November 2006, 18:57
I must admit that I'm teetotal so I would be surprised if it was! Though after our excursion to the pub after last year's BUSA, it was generally accepted that I get drunk on orange juice as I ended up on the floor of the pub several times :D