PDA

View Full Version : LPJS suspicions laid to rest

kingkenny
-27th October 2006, 14:55
Over the course of this years LPJS I have had some concerned athletes and parents approach me about possible cheating in the series. They were suspicious of some of the athletes age and that some parents might be entering their children in younger age categories to enhance their chances of winning.

I therefore checked with some of the coaches and parents I trust and have found no reason to doubt anybodies age in this series. I will not ask for identification for the LPJS as that would go against alot of the founding principles of the series. I would like to remind all parents and athletes that honest is one of the most important things in life and is much more important than any prize in any sport! I hope that the series can continue running on good faith and honest principles. If anyone would like to PM me or email me with any concerns or thoughts I will be more than happy to respond.

I hope that all the athletes and parents can now concentrate on the last few events without the distraction of suspicion.

On another note the LPJS Durham U9 and U11 event results will be fixed this weekend.
Regards,
Ben

hokers
-27th October 2006, 16:01
On another note the LPJS Durham U9 and U11 event results will be fixed this weekend.

Fixed? You mean like "previous results corrected" or like "midnight phone calls to bookies"? :D

D'Artignan
-27th October 2006, 16:49
Fixed? You mean like "previous results corrected" or like "midnight phone calls to bookies"? :DPut me down for a fiver on Bill Hoskyns in the U11s, then.....:whistle:

Goodwood
-27th October 2006, 17:39
So it was Frankie Dettori in the U11 boys foil at Cornwall !!!

cainey
-27th October 2006, 23:38
originally posted by kingkenny

Over the course of this years LPJS I have had some concerned athletes and parents approach me about possible cheating in the series....

...On another note the LPJS Durham U9 and U11 event results will be fixed this weekend.

LMAO, even though I do appreciate the serious point being made

cainey

:rolling:

Touché Turtle
-28th October 2006, 12:50
Why is it funny?

Baldric
-28th October 2006, 21:46
Why is it funny?

eerrrrr..... the term "fixed" in connection with a sporting event, means that the bookies have "organised" the result in advance.

Common parlance in the horse/dog racing world, also certain cricketers, American footballers etc etc.

Touché Turtle
-28th October 2006, 23:49
duh. :o:
obviously had a moment of humourectomy!

(in my pathetic defence - I thought we'd already had that joke, and that Cainey was making a different funny.. :o: ) Oh well, that's what comes of making quick posts without thinking when you're in a hurry and should be doing something more useful!

On a more sensible note, glad to hear nobody has been found to be cheating, I would be surprised to find there was. (even if some of the U11 girls do look really tall!)

Actually, the opposite nearly happened to junior today at our regional qualifiers (not, I realise LPJS). My diminutive U12 (still aged 9) was inadvertantly checked in to U14's and we didn't notice :eek: . It was only when someone else pointed it out to us that we sorted it out. Could have been interesting!

Baldric
-29th October 2006, 07:56
I don't know whether it still happens, but in the world of boxing, some families would delay registering the birth of their sons for as long as possible - sometimes for up to 2 or 3 years.

Some years later you would see a boxer with heavy five o'clock shadow and fully developed physique fighting as a U16........allegedly.....;)

rugmike
-30th October 2006, 09:39
WOT ?????!!!

Please say you're 'avin a larf ?

Tubby
-30th October 2006, 14:24
So it was Frankie Dettori in the U11 boys foil at Cornwall !!!2006 Cornwall LPJS Boys U11 Final: Chang v Beardmore, which one might have been Frankie?

pinkelephant
-30th October 2006, 16:02
The only problem I've ever found was people too YOUNG for the age group they had entered.

Goodwood
-30th October 2006, 17:54
2006 Cornwall LPJS Boys U11 Final: Chang v Beardmore, which one might have been Frankie?
The one who had the bit between his teeth of course!!!!

Chip
-30th October 2006, 17:57
2006 Cornwall LPJS Boys U11 Final: Chang v Beardmore, which one might have been Frankie?

Who said anything bout the final.

Tubby
-30th October 2006, 21:23
Who said anything bout the final.Fair 'nuff.

Foilling Around
-30th October 2006, 21:29
On a more sensible note, glad to hear nobody has been found to be cheating, I would be surprised to find there was. (even if some of the U11 girls do look really tall!)

Only from your perspective TT, not mine!!!

Touché Turtle
-30th October 2006, 23:16
Only from your perspective TT, not mine!!!
You sayin I'm short? :o: ;)

Honestly, there was a young lass at the Durham LPJS U11 who couldn't have been more than 2" shorter than me!