PDA

View Full Version : Firefox And The Reply feature.

Asprin
-29th November 2006, 23:12
Hi
I think this is the right place to mention this.
Until now I have been able to (when replying) use the buttons at the top of the reply box, now they are not wokring so I have to type the HTML in by hand.
As I said in the thread title, I am using Mozilla Firefox (version 1.8, I think).
Any reasons for why this might have suddenly happened? Or any way of fixing this from my end?

Asprin

TLove
-30th November 2006, 00:29
Interesting... not working on my browser either (IE7).

Never encountered THAT problem before.

Gav
-30th November 2006, 10:57
Odd. I'm using Firefox 2.0 and they work fine for me

TLove
-30th November 2006, 11:20
Bizarre... wish I had another browser on my system to test it with.

It seems, however that the buttons work fine on other vbulletin sites on my browser (i.e. my website!) so not sure what is wrong here.

Maybe a v3.5.4 specific issue, or if it's something that's only cropped up recently, perhaps a corruption in the AJAX code for the site which only manifests on some browsers?

Maybe posting a support thread at vbulletin.com is the best bet here :)

Asprin
-30th November 2006, 12:12
I'm on a uni pc and the buttons are working, its running IE6.

Asprin

TLove
-30th November 2006, 16:47
Ditto and not working. Strange...

Obviously not an account related issue as you have it working and not working on different browsers. Could be down to exact browser build/setting or even OS version :)

Asprin
-1st December 2006, 00:37
It is still messing up, the only benefit I can see is I'm relearning all the HTML tags I know.

Asprin

TLove
-1st December 2006, 01:14
I'm surprised the forum lets you use HTML tags. I usually have them disabled for security purposes and force users to use BBCode instead :)

wingnutLP
-1st December 2006, 09:18
Have you tried the different options in user CP under miscelaneous?

Asprin
-1st December 2006, 11:09
Have you tried the different options in user CP under miscelaneous?

The different options are Event Reminders, Buddy/Ignore Lists and Attachments. I don't see how that could help.

Asprin

TLove
-1st December 2006, 11:34
Yup, doesn't help. have been searching round for some info on this prob. but no luck yet.

wingnutLP
-1st December 2006, 12:05
Sorry I meant you go to edit options which is under settings and options and at the bottom is misc options which allows you to change wysiwg, plain text and standard editor.

Standard editor seems more compatible with some browsers.

:)

TLove
-1st December 2006, 12:51
D'oh.. yeah that makes sense.

Sorted.

Asprin
-1st December 2006, 14:37
I have the same settings on my laptop which I am using at the moment, and I can use the buttons here.

I will check once I get back to my pc, but fencing.net has the same basic reply system which works fine at the moment.

Asprin

P.S.

I have checked while on my laptop and its using full editing, so I would guess my pc is as well.

My pc was fine until recently!

Asprin

Asprin
-1st December 2006, 18:27
Back on my pc, have tried changing the settings and there is no difference, the buttons still dont work.

Asprin

Asprin
-1st December 2006, 23:55
3rd post in a row, but now it seems to have fixed itself.

Touch Wood (taps herself on her head)

Asprin

wingnutLP
-2nd December 2006, 09:13
:eek:

help | check for updates
OR
Tools| windows update?

Beyond that I am lost I am afraid, there are patches to new versions of VB...

husy
-3rd December 2006, 02:58
This happend to me when i had fireworks:mad: . But after re-newing my computer and geting explorer it works perfectly fine.:)

bafco
-13th December 2006, 17:09
Odd. I'm using Firefox 2.0 and they work fine for me

Yes, me too. However, it does look as though there is some invalid javascript on the page.

rugmike
-4th January 2007, 07:37
Proud to say I know wot f/fox is !
And I haven't any prob's with mine.

Asprin
-16th January 2007, 18:24
Its started doing it again.