PDA

View Full Version : Brixton epee

vikkia
-4th December 2006, 14:43
Got back after long journey through London after long days fencing for miniJ of what I thought was epee only to discover that his medal had written on the back "Whitgift Sabre":eek: I could have sworn I was at Brixton epee! Interesting comp very few of the normal crowd there and a couple of V good Italians one of whom took miniJ out and went on to win.Lots of chocolates at the end and the most cringe making photo call when the presentations were on where they wanted parents and coaches to pose with the kids at the podium:o:
Metalic pistes were great and the food was awesome.
This event has alot going for it it's a pity that more of the regulars didn't support it but at the same token it gave him a chance to fence total strangers which of course is great.

Rdb811
-4th December 2006, 15:17
Got back after long journey through London after long days fencing for miniJ of what I thought was epee only to discover that his medal had written on the back "Whitgift Sabre":eek:

Waste not, want not - is there a way of "printing" nicely embossed looking labels to go on the of medals ?

Tubby
-4th December 2006, 22:50
There was also a run on the t shirts so Tubby Jnr 2 missed out. We came last year as well and the size of the U9 and U11 entries is very heartening to see.

Like last year it took me 1.5 hours to travel 7 miles plus getting cut up by more "people" in that 1.5 hours than I get all year up t' north (and I do about 25000 miles p.a.). Quality of life, not.

pinkelephant
-4th December 2006, 23:34
There was also a run on the t shirts so Tubby Jnr 2 missed out. We came last year as well and the size of the U9 and U11 entries is very heartening to see.

Like last year it took me 1.5 hours to travel 7 miles plus getting cut up by more "people" in that 1.5 hours than I get all year up t' north (and I do about 25000 miles p.a.). Quality of life, not.

Why do you think I escaped? I was brought up in Brixton! But I do have my living 10 minutes walk from the Oval to thank for my love of cricket.

Rdb811
-4th December 2006, 23:48

Didn't you know the Highway Code doesn't apply within the South Circular ?

Aramis
-5th December 2006, 10:04
Didn't you know the Highway Code doesn't apply within the South Circular ?
It doesn't apply in London, full stop...