PDA

View Full Version : Shopping..at the shops.

Tarmac
-17th September 2003, 15:24
Are there any fencing shops as such in the south west? Hear there was one in Plymouth but where? Buying over the net is ok but... i'm more of a hands on kinda person...like to see what i'm gonna buy.Discount for cash guv?:)
Also, need new electric sabre kit (turkey foil) any recommendations?

sparkymark567
-17th September 2003, 17:33
Discount for cash, you'll be lucky. Sounds like a dodgy bloke with stuff out the back of a van.

LP stand at the Welsh open I think.

I don't know of any fencing shops in the South West. You could try Neil Brown who has the odd bit of kit from time to time. He nornally coaches in the south west e.g. Bristol, Taunton, etc.

Tarmac
-17th September 2003, 17:37
cheers for the info :)
come you lot from truro and plymouth - you gotta know some suppliers!:spearhors

chortler
-3rd October 2003, 10:18
Similar question, but for the south east? Is there shop nearish Brighton that I can go to to try kit on & see what's on the market?

DrT
-3rd October 2003, 11:20
you usually have to go into London, but this weekend is the Sussex Open at Portslade sports centre.

Does anyone know who (if anyone) is running a stall/armoury there?

Rdb811
-3rd October 2003, 12:12
Usually Leon Paul.

clockity
-3rd October 2003, 13:53
Originally posted by DrT
you usually have to go into London, but this weekend is the Sussex Open at Portslade sports centre.

Does anyone know who (if anyone) is running a stall/armoury there?

The form sent out with directions to Portslade says Leon Paul are going to be there, I think.

Moose
-7th October 2003, 17:46
Originally posted by sparkymark567
Discount for cash, you'll be lucky. Sounds like a dodgy bloke with stuff out the back of a van.

LP stand at the Welsh open I think.

I don't know of any fencing shops in the South West. You could try Neil Brown who has the odd bit of kit from time to time. He nornally coaches in the south west e.g. Bristol, Taunton, etc.

Best way to get cash discount is to make a big order, pull out a big roll of notes and say "discount for cash?" if they say no then write them a cheque. chances are that next time they wont say no :tongue: this works especially well when getting your car fixed.

Muso440
-7th October 2003, 17:57
Originally posted by Moose
this works especially well when getting your car fixed.

So do fencing equipment establishments work the same way as your local car geezer then? ;)

Moose
-7th October 2003, 18:07
Doesnt hurt to find out. Cos it can always be booked down as a special order that was never paid for ;)