PDA

View Full Version : triplette 550n

Aussie_fencer
-3rd January 2007, 22:34
Hi,
I have a Triplette jacket, size 46 (to big for me) like new for sale. it is 550n.
I also have a set of knickers, and a large u/a protector, 550n. send me a message for more specifics. THX, ECR.

pinkelephant
-4th January 2007, 00:04
Do you mean 350 N?

Incidentally, please give Isaac Newton the courtesy of a capital letter for the symbol of the unit named after him. All units named after people use a capital letter - hence

V for volts (after Volta)
A for amps (after Ampere)
J for joules (after Joule)
N for newtons (after Newton)
but m for metres (no Mr Metre)

Aussie_fencer
-4th January 2007, 00:10
sorry mate. no offense meant. And it is 550 N.

pinkelephant
-4th January 2007, 00:16
Does the US have different regulations then? In Europe it's either 350N (generally regarded as entry level) or 800N (required for all international events).

Aussie_fencer
-4th January 2007, 00:19
i dont have a good idea, but things over here are all a bit odd. I have no idea why it is 550 N but it is. lol. ECR.

gbm
-4th January 2007, 00:29
I have heard of 550N jackets before (presumably the one Gofence have a CEN level 1 rated version (for import) of on their website).

The US doesn't require 350N clothing.
It is unlikely to be CEN homologated though, and thus would not be legal for use in Britain. But then you are probably trying to sell in the US, in which case you will have much greater sucess at fencing.net ...

daebenman
-9th January 2007, 20:41
Thankfully I've heard of 550 newton jackets, sadly they seem to be hard to find. How much are you asking?

cesh_fencing
-9th January 2007, 22:21
I have heard of 550N jackets before (presumably the one Gofence have a CEN level 1 rated version (for import) of on their website).

The US doesn't require 350N clothing.
It is unlikely to be CEN homologated though, and thus would not be legal for use in Britain. But then you are probably trying to sell in the US, in which case you will have much greater sucess at fencing.net ...

My understanding is that the testing for the US is different than that for Europe, as such the US CENs (i.e. 550N kit) is not recognised for fencing in the UK. Possibly there is someone from the rules commitee/equipment commitee on the forum who can confirm this.

bydande
-9th January 2007, 22:35
Just for clarification:
The Triplette 550N jackets that I (gofence) sell in the UK are a special "European" version of the standard Triplette 550N jacket that is sold in the US and elswhere round the world. This is because in order to get the jacket CE 1 (>350N) tested and approved for sale in Europe a change had to be made to their design. i.e. it is only the "Triplette 550N (European Pattern)" jacket that has been tested and approved for sale in Europe and allowed to carry the CE 1 label.

As a result, there is a strong chance that any Triplette 550N jacket that doesnt carry the CE 1 label is not the European pattern version and therefore does not meet the CE 1 standard ... and therefore does not meet the BFA clothing guidelines.

Anybody who wants to know the technical difference between the standard Triplette 550N jacket (non CE 1) and the European Pattern Triplette 550N jacket (CE 1 tested and certified) - just send me a PM and I can supply you the details.

Aussie_fencer
-11th January 2007, 20:05
unfortunatley I have traded it for a new jacket so I am sorry for all ye hopefulls out there but it is gone.