PDA

View Full Version : Belgian pistol

reposte
-24th September 2003, 21:51
Has anyone used the Belgian Allstar grip?
I'm getting the feeling that maybe the usual pistol isn't filling my palm as I'd like it to, my foil keeps slide within my palm when ever it gets a little sweaty, which calls for a smaller glove for sure, but also maybe for a fuller pistol around the base?

Gecko
-25th September 2003, 19:28
I tried them and found the lower part too thin; Visconti type feels better as you can use the third finger and little finger for better strength and control. They fit snugly if you find the right size.
I saw a good Israeli fencer years ago (Yair Chelouche) using the Belgian type with a thick wrapping of tape on the lower horn.

srb
-25th September 2003, 20:47
Originally posted by reposte
I'm getting the feeling that maybe the usual pistol isn't filling my palm

Should your grip fill your palm at all? If it fills your palm, do you still have good point control through your fingers? Or are you just using your whole hand.

I tend to hold my standard euro style leon paul grip loosely with my fingers. What does any one else do? Is there a right and wrong way to grip your grip?

srb

reposte
-25th September 2003, 21:08
Should your grip fill your palm at all? If it fills your palm, do you still have good point control through your fingers? Or are you just using your whole hand.

When you perform wide pris de fer's and then attempt to regain point control, it helps if the pistol fills you palm
otherwise it will shift in your hand, you can forget about the two fingers's hold on the groove for sure.
I think maybe duck tape or I should simply adapt to the idea that training is stronger than matter and I should simply practice...
I'm using the Allstar/Uhlmann number 2 visconti, which is the third biggest (sizes 0, 1 smaller), celeste blue in Allstar.
I do think that maybe LP's have a thicker lower horn. Belgian maybe not the answer rather a bigger visconti or duck tape, which a very
Israeli solution (those who've done time on the army will understand...)