PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

wingnutLP
-5th February 2007, 13:14
What is it?
Reputation is a means of recognising the value :thumbs_up or lack of value :dont: of a post.
It is anonymous, if you don't enter your name or username then the user you are giving rep to can't see who has left them rep whether it is positive or negative.

Rules regarding rep:

No rep farming. You should not discuss, ask for or otherwise comment on rep:sleep:. Please use the "report bad post" icon which is an exclamation mark next to "scales of justice" rep icon to report rep farming.

No abusive rep comments. reputation comments are the only means of leaving anonymous comments on these forums. If you are leaving -ve rep for someone and don't want to leave your name you should consider why you are leaving -ve rep and why you feel it necessary to hide your identity. Under no circumstances is it acceptable to leave abusive comments in "anonymous" rep. Comments like "pointless post", "think before you type" etc are fine but do not leave anything abusive or rude. If you receive comments that you consider to be abusive or unpleasant please PM me. The administrators can see who has left "anonymous" rep and what they have written. Abusive rep will not be treated leniently and will be punished either by a PM warning, a public humiliation or in extreme circumstances by a ban.:mad:

How it works
To the lower left of everybody's posts is a little 'Scales of Justice' icon. This is how you give Reputation to a post. Clicking this will allow you to give your opinion on a post. This will do two things. Firstly, any comments you make will be displayed at the bottom of the relevant posters User CP page. You can either give Positive (green) or Negative (red) opinions or if you have not got rep giving power they will show as grey.
Secondly, there should be a running score of all the reputation a person has received, to indicate who is the most highly regarded - or not!
Notice the little green or red box immediately under a person's post count? This is a measure of someone's reputation. Hold your mouse over this, and it will give an indication of their reputation.

Rdb811
-25th August 2008, 20:09
Is this spam - apart from not making any sense the link looks dodgy.

TLove
-26th August 2008, 11:38
Spam it is.

kingkenny
-26th August 2008, 12:04
No positive rep for mathewhadley.

rugmike
-27th August 2008, 07:34
Please enlighten me as to wot's happened here ?

Not quite sure who to believe !

Hungry Hippo
-27th August 2008, 08:50
Please enlighten me as to wot's happened here ?

Not quite sure who to believe !

You've missed a post, rugmike - it was after the top post and has now been pulled. It wasn't like the usual spam, just very odd!

fenderstrat
-28th May 2009, 20:35
Out of interest, chaps, when you get a grey rep - what does it mean? I see that it means the poster hasn't got rep-giving power, but why would that be, exactly?

Cheers for any help.

TomA
-28th May 2009, 20:52
The higher your own rep, the more you give to or take away from someone else - the inverse is also true. The grey ones are from people who don't have enough themselves to make a difference.

fenderstrat
-30th May 2009, 16:37
The higher your own rep, the more you give to or take away from someone else - the inverse is also true. The grey ones are from people who don't have enough themselves to make a difference.

Cheers Tom.

DSSabre
-11th June 2009, 11:04
interesting i like that idea i want more rep give me more power

MatFink
-11th June 2009, 11:15
What a great concept Grey rep is...

basically some anonymously comments on you or your ideas, but you recieve with that comment a notification of the fact that that person is not important enough for their opinion to count for anything.

They are like back benchers from minor parties, they exist, they have opinions, but no one cares.

I can see why DS likes it.

DSSabre
-11th June 2009, 11:18
No i dont want grey rep it counts for nothing. Give me green i need green. Okay slowly going mad.

MatFink
-11th June 2009, 11:30
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Or were you thinking more green US Dollars green.

Genius is very close to madness I am told, but then most of the people who tell me that are insane.

I have found a good way to encourage positive rep is through assisted Karma, so if I positive rep someone else I put wow that was great and sign it Matfink, if I say something mean I sign it DSSabre. Its been working so far :)

Joking of course.

It hasn't really worked :(

JulianRose
-11th June 2009, 11:59
clearly not as DS has more rep than you!

MatFink
-11th June 2009, 12:27
But it will only let me negatively rep DS every so often. :(

Of course if I didn't attracted quite the level of negative rep I do, I would be the greenist person since swampy.

But in all seriousness its good to see that people appreciate the input that DS and co have on the forum

DSSabre
-11th June 2009, 17:30
We do try.

pinkelephant
-11th June 2009, 17:39
No i dont want grey rep it counts for nothing. Give me green i need green. Okay slowly going mad.

Have some more green! Gave you a whole extra green square.

fenderstrat
-11th June 2009, 20:02
Hoi! How about me? I want some green too.

That didn't come out right.

Gav
-11th June 2009, 21:20
The first rule of rep club is that we don't talk about rep club...