PDA

View Full Version : Arnold LPJS

Unicorn
-5th March 2007, 17:30
Arnold epee LPJS, whos going to be there?

pinkelephant
-5th March 2007, 17:50
Me:nanananan

madfencer
-5th March 2007, 18:51
Me:nanananan

:rolling: That made me laugh! You're on a roll today aren't you PE?!

Unicorn
-5th March 2007, 19:03
Hope it goes as smoothly as last year!!

Cymru Fach
-5th March 2007, 19:47
I'll be there in my classic bright green mask!

CF

pinkelephant
-5th March 2007, 22:09
I've had a couple of queries about which day it's on. It is SUNDAY 18th March, as on the entry form and all the details on the LPJS website. (Any confusion is because the BFA calendar always gives the date of the Saturday of the weekend, regardless of which day a competition is actually held.) The Arnold is always on the Sunday, so we don't have to fight for changing room space with rugby and hockey players.

Tubby
-11th March 2007, 05:44
But fighting for a space in the calendar! It clashes with PM1's comp in Hull and apparently something about mums.

PE - anywhere nice in Blackpool you'd be prepared to recommend for Jnr and Jnr II to take their mum for: lunch (if they both have a bad day); tea (if either have a very good day)?

Trebis3
-11th March 2007, 19:52
PAH! Epee is only for failed foilists or for others who can't be bothered to do real fencing

pinkelephant
-11th March 2007, 21:09
But fighting for a space in the calendar! It clashes with PM1's comp in Hull and apparently something about mums.

PE - anywhere nice in Blackpool you'd be prepared to recommend for Jnr and Jnr II to take their mum for: lunch (if they both have a bad day); tea (if either have a very good day)?

Nice? Blackpool? ROFL

Lytham's a much better bet.

cesh_fencing
-11th March 2007, 21:49
PAH! Epee is only for failed foilists or for others who can't be bothered to do real fencing

Quite a statement from someone who only recently did the Nottingham as their first senior Open.

Epee is also for good foilists that have had enough of the randomness of foil refereeing, especially at International events, and feel that if they win a fight fair and square they should not actually win.

I agree that many Epeeists turn to Epee after non-successful foil careers, however that is changing with many fencers learning Epee from the start now.

If you want a match (at Foil, Epee or Sabre) I would be happy to oblige to show that even an old Epeeists can still whip the a**e of many a Foilist.

Unicorn
-11th March 2007, 22:09
[QUOTE=cesh_fencing]I agree that many Epeeists turn to Epee after non-successful foil careers, however that is changing with many fencers learning Epee from the start now.

err, i disagree! i turned to epee and i didn't really have a non successful foil career! i turned to epee after i won the foil BYC's last year! i also carried on doing abit of foil though!

Tubby
-11th March 2007, 23:50
err, i disagree! i turned to epee and i didn't really have a non successful foil career! i turned to epee after i won the foil BYC's last year! i also carried on doing abit of foil though!The comment was "many" not "all". Chris' comments are correct.

Tubby
-11th March 2007, 23:52
Nice? Blackpool? ROFL

Lytham's a much better bet.Anywhere in Lytham in particular?

pinkelephant
-12th March 2007, 00:35
Try Tiggi's in St Annes. Wood Street. Italian. Kids love it - and therefore so do mums.

wix
-18th March 2007, 20:45
Any results??

Unicorn
-18th March 2007, 20:57
Try Tiggi's in St Annes. Wood Street. Italian. Kids love it - and therefore so do mums.

we tried and it wasn't open, but we had this gorgeous Japanese instead

Cymru Fach
-18th March 2007, 21:10
Well done to a smooth running competition! Who needs an Italian when you have Harry Ramsdens?!!!! WELL DONE STEPHANIE COLLISTER!!:not_worth

CF

pinkelephant
-18th March 2007, 21:57
Boys' results attached

pinkelephant
-18th March 2007, 21:59
And the girls'

vikkia
-18th March 2007, 23:59
Thanks PE for another great event. :thumbs_up how did you get the results up so quickly? You need to get some rest.

pinkelephant
-19th March 2007, 07:10
Mainly because so many lovely people helped clear up afterwards - I was home just after 7.

Now got to pack for Crystal Palace - hey ho!

kingkenny
-19th March 2007, 08:23
Now if we can send the results to lpjs @ leonpaul.com in the format here:
http://www.leonpaul.com/lpjs/help_lpjs.htm
Then I cna add them quickly to. :thumbs_up

kingkenny
-19th March 2007, 08:55
Now thats fast 30 mins later and they are here!:not_worth

Tubby
-19th March 2007, 12:55
Many thanks to PE and 3CT for another smooth comp. Also for the ticking off for Mudge who nearly scratched in the DEs for non attendance when called :thumbs_up . That sort of message always come better from other than the parent.

Thanks also for the directions to Tiggi's; see what you mean about the migrating sand dunes and Pontins (which looked pretty scabby). As Unicorn posted we ended up in Yamato Teppanyaki across the road which was very good (and in keeping with Japanese resturants didn't disappoint on the cost :eek: - well it was Mother's Day and 'er indoors spent the day indoors in a sports hall; and crucially, I hadn't gone mad buying a load of kit).