PDA

View Full Version : Why does this new system not remember me?

Duncan Rowlands
-17th March 2007, 00:28
Since the upgrade I've had to log in each time. I click on the "Remember Me" field so it's not me being that stupid!

Why doesn't it like me? :o:

Asprin
-17th March 2007, 00:35
Others are having this problem and have been discussing this in the "Well a little more than 12 hours in the end! Sorry folks!" thread (Would post the link but its messed up).

Duncan Rowlands
-17th March 2007, 00:45
Others are having this problem and have been discussing this in the "Well a little more than 12 hours in the end! Sorry folks!" thread (Would post the link but its messed up).

Thanks for this. Nothing like an accurately tittled thread to help find things. :rolleyes:

wingnutLP
-19th March 2007, 09:50
To deal with this logging in (third party cookies) problem in IE7, you can explicitly allow cookies from the domain leonpaulusa.com.

To do this, go to:
Tools > Internet Options. Select Privacy tab, click Sites. Type leonpaulusa.com into the Address of Website box, and click Allow. Bingo.

Could yoou try this? The problem is with IE and the fact that the site is running in a frame as it is in a temporary directory.

Lynne
-19th March 2007, 10:21
I tried it and it seems to have worked. Also, this new system seems to have stopped logging me out if I haven't done anything for 5 - 10 minutes.:)

hokers
-19th March 2007, 10:55
Could yoou try this? The problem is with IE and the fact that the site is running in a frame as it is in a temporary directory.

Are you going to move to a permanent location that doesn't do this? Workarounds are all very well but the majority won't bother looking them up, they'll just give up.

wingnutLP
-19th March 2007, 11:15
The clue is in the word "temporary" in the phrase "temporary directory" ;)

Yes, the forum is in transit to a new permanent location and is in a subfolder on the leonpaulusa.com domain. The problems including frames and login should be done with when we move again in about 3-4 weeks.

The move had to be 2 step as we needed to upgrade the server to run the latest version of V bulletin and then we need to do the development work on this new version. It was not ideal but hopefully should be over with fairly quickly.

Duncan Rowlands
-23rd March 2007, 17:02
work arround succedded. thanks.:thumbs_up