PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight foil lamés

MrWizard
-4th October 2003, 21:26
I'm currently looking to buy an electric lamé jacket for foil, would appreciate some suggestions. I notice gofence have a lightweight jacket for £62 and Leon Paul have a conventional lamé for around £70 (the lightweight one is a bit more expensive).

Does anyone have any experience with the lightweight jackets, never tried one so not sure what to expect. How durable are these compared to a normal lamé? If anyone has any ideas on where else to buy a jacket then I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Cheers,
Jamie

reposte
-4th October 2003, 22:12
I don't see the fuss around light weight. It's an electric fiber jacket, fiber. Not a bullet proof vest. How meaningful can the difference possibly be between the two type of lames??

MrWizard
-4th October 2003, 22:32
Well, given that the lightweight jacket is less expensive than the standard one, I'm more concerned with any potential disadvantages it has, the fact its light weight doesn't really bother me that much (although any potential advantage one can gain, within reason, from equipment should never be sniffed at!).

Cheers,
Jamie

sparkymark567
-7th October 2003, 23:26
I don't know if they last as long as a normal lame (I suspect not) so why pay extra for something which is not as good.

I would like a pair of light weight fencing socks as maybe they will help to improve my fencing. .....and maybe a lightweight T-shirt.....
how silly.

Rdb811
-7th October 2003, 23:30
Better still, a light weight beer gut.

Marcos
-8th October 2003, 08:43
have both a LP lightweight foil and sabre lame

for sabre I think it does make a difference - flexible, don't get so hot, last longer, etc

for foil I would say, certainly at the level I fence, it makes little impact

treat your lames well and they should last - I always hang mine after fencing, or at least lie them in the boot of the car...never roll them up in a ball along with soggy equipment...

had mine a year and both as good as new

sparkymark567
-10th October 2003, 15:37
Originally posted by Marcos
have both a LP lightweight foil and sabre lame

for sabre I think it does make a difference - flexible, don't get so hot, last longer, etc

last longer??? you've got to be joking!

Marcos
-13th October 2003, 12:42
as in I last longer before kealing over, as opposed to the jacket lasting

wingnutLP
-13th October 2003, 19:43
see posting on sabre lightweight lame. Barry Paul (using wingnuts computer)