PDA

View Full Version : Haverstock LPJS venue change for 2007

kingkenny
-30th April 2007, 09:32
Venue: Islington Green School, Prebend Street, London N1 8PQ
Directions: Nearest tube station is Angel, on the Northern Line.
Parking is available at the school.
Buses that serve this venue: 4, 19, 30, 38, 43, 56, 73, 76, 141, 171a, 271

cesh_fencing
-23rd May 2007, 21:10
Are there any results up anywhere???

Hungry Hippo
-24th May 2007, 11:34
Are there any results up anywhere???

They had enough problems on their plate just running the event - evicted by their own landlords due to a double booking (a birthday party, I believe!), then the new venue (unknown to the organisers) charging everyone 3 to park!

I do hope it goes back to its usual venue next year! These were just two of the many problems, so give the poor folk a little time to get the results through!

cesh_fencing
-24th May 2007, 23:17
These were just two of the many problems, so give the poor folk a little time to get the results through!

Surely downloading from en-guarde or even scanning the paper copies and posting here is really quick. And it is now 4 days after the event and as the LPJS site usually takes a week or so to get the results up it would be really great to see them. This is a great place for immediate results to be posted by organisers if they do not have a dedicated site as it is automatic and does not need LP or BF to process and post through their systems.

Getting results out is a basic and really important function of an organiser, the sooner they are available, the sooner coaches can check them and the sooner coaches can discuss with their fencers fully.

cesh_fencing
-31st May 2007, 15:13
Sorry to repeat the question... Are their any results for this event anywhere?

Cannot see on LPJS pages or BF site...

pinkelephant
-7th June 2007, 11:12
Results are now on the LPJS website but the U15 boys are actually the U15 girls. I have e-mailed Ben to tell him. There are also some whoopsies on the overall ranking where fencers have split results because of differences in spellin of their name (I thought the unique ID was supposed to sort this out).