PDA

View Full Version : The Correct Time!

Hungry Hippo
-23rd May 2007, 10:48
When is the Forum going to start showing the correct time everywhere?

07:19 PM is dreadfully wrong, and should either be 19:19 or 7:19 PM.

I don't know about other users, but if I've missed a few days and want to go back, it doesn't help having a spurious time shown, so how about it, folks?

Everybody understands the 24 hour clock nowadays - the airlines and railways realised that 40 years ago, so when is fencing going to join the rest of the modern world?

Touché Turtle
-23rd May 2007, 10:51
When is the Forum going to start showing the correct time everywhere?

07:19 PM is dreadfully wrong, and should either be 19:19 or 7:19 PM.

I don't know about other users, but if I've missed a few days and want to go back, it doesn't help having a spurious time shown, so how about it, folks?

Everybody understands the 24 hour clock nowadays - the airlines and railways realised that 40 years ago, so when is fencing going to join the rest of the modern world?
Um, it's right for me.
Try going to user CP, then edit options and see what time zone you're down for. You can adjust it to suit where you are in the world.
:)

Red
-23rd May 2007, 10:56
I think the point is that the leading zero is wrong, not that his time zone is wrong. When looking through things, when you see a time like 07:30 and assume its morning - no matter what the letters after it are.

Touché Turtle
-23rd May 2007, 11:01
I think the point is that the leading zero is wrong, not that his time zone is wrong. When looking through things, when you see a time like 07:30 and assume its morning - no matter what the letters after it are.
Ah, well as it is 11.58 AM at the moment, and that is what my clock says, I didn't see a problem! Obviously it only becomes apparent when there IS a leading zero! I don't normally look at the forum time, so hadn't noticed it before. My apologies.:o

pinkelephant
-23rd May 2007, 12:21
My computer tells me the time anyway, without looking at the forum. There's also the handy gadget on my wrist. And I always know when it's 17:30, because the dogs tell me.

Sophie
-23rd May 2007, 13:00
My computer tells me the time anyway, without looking at the forum. There's also the handy gadget on my wrist. And I always know when it's 17:30, because the dogs tell me.

Also 06:30, 08:00, 19:30 and 21:30 (as told by the cats - very large tummies (as seen on avatar!), VERY small meals!!)