PDA

View Full Version : animated avatars

cainey
-28th May 2007, 19:04
Hi

I can no longer upload animated avatars, - i used to have one on the old version, but got rid of it as it went 'pixel'y wheh the size allowance changed.

I found a funny avatar today and wanted to upload it but was not allowed - why? - and when will i be able to?

cheers

cainey

:confused:

madfencer
-28th May 2007, 22:05
I know the feeling, my flag should be waving :(

Gav
-29th May 2007, 16:35
What the hell does anyone want an animated avatar for?

I shake my fist at the lot of you.

TLove
-29th May 2007, 17:18
I am Inclined to Agree with Gav

pinkelephant
-29th May 2007, 18:33
My elephant still waves. But then it is a very (hic) happy elephant.;)

cainey
-29th May 2007, 22:54
originally posted by Gav

I sometimes say the same thing, but I replace the words 'an animated avatar' with 'to fence epee'

;)

That said; I am genuinely interested in why the new forum has this change of policy, I can only guess its so the forum loads up nice and quick? Its a shame my predilection for the odd .gif has to suffer.

cainey

:)

gbm
-29th May 2007, 23:28
Probably a default setting on the new forum rather than a deliberate change of policy...

in fact Wingnut had changed it so that you could upload animated avatars:
http://76.162.189.46/forum/showpost.php?p=174553&postcount=17

wingnutLP
-30th May 2007, 08:02
They certainly ought to work as long as they are withing the file size and shape constraints...

cainey
-30th May 2007, 10:01
originally posted by wingnutLP

They certainly ought to work as long as they are withing the file size and shape constraints...

I have just tried again with the animated avatar, unfotunately I got the same vbulletin message:

You may not upload animated images.

the image is within size and shape constraints

any help appreciated

cainey

wingnutLP
-30th May 2007, 11:39
Not a lot I can do I am afraid...

The senior members (of which you are one) are set to be allowed to upload animated avatars. Registered useres were not allowed and now are allowed.

Try one last time, remember the file size must be less than 100 by 100 pixels and less than 20000 bytes.

cainey
-30th May 2007, 12:19
working now! thanks for your help ... and as you can see it was worth the wait!

:rolleyes:

cainey

Adam
-1st June 2007, 17:56

Some of the marvellous people here are inclined to express themselves with art, motion and celebrate the rush of life. As an epeeist these concepts are probably alien for you. Reach out, Gav; feel the love!