PDA

View Full Version : World University Games

Neil Brown
-9th June 2007, 20:50
This event will be held in Thailand 8-18 August, details at http://www.bangkok2007.com/en/main/index2.php.

The British team will be announced in the next few days.

News below from the event web site:-

Fencing Chief Upbeat That Thai Swordsmen Will Spring a Surprise in the Universiade

BANGKOK, Thailand (May 3) - More than 365 fencers from 40 countries confirmed participation in the 24th Bangkok Universiade fencing competition from August 11 to 16 at Hall 7 and Hall 8, Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani, vying for the top honour and a total of 12 gold medals at stake.

Gen Chaisit Shinawatra, president of the Amateur Fencing Association of Thailand (AFAT), revealed that 365 fencers including 215 men and more than 100 officials from 40 countries have already submitted their entries to compete in the Bangkok Universiade fencing competition.

However, after examining the namelist of fencers, Chaisit admitted that a tough task awaits the Thai fencers.

"Most of the world-class fencers are college and varsity students since fencing is one of the most popular sports in the varsity-level education. Therefore, the Bangkok Universiade will be much tougher task for Thai fencers as they have to take on those strong rivals. I don't think the competition is different from the Olympic Games," Chaisit said.

"As far as I know, tough opponents in the Bangkok Universiade should be fencers from Europe including England, France, Germany and Italy. Additionally, those from China, South Korea and Japan also proved their ability and I don't think we can underestimate these fencers if we want to win a medal there.

"The Chinese fencers, for example, are assured of sending a strong team of those who have been training intensively for the next year's Beijing Olympics. So, I think to beat them is not an easy job.

On the Thai side, the AFAT's President said that a total of 24 fencers comprising 12 men and 12 women will be fielded in the Bangkok Universiade. The squad will be spearheaded by Wiradech "Willi" Kothni and Nonthapat Panchan.

"We sent Wiradech to undergo an intensive training in Germany, while Nonthapat gained a valuable experience after being encamped in the United States. Both of them are in the pink, physically and mentally and ready for the competition. The remaining of the team are rising stars who, despite being inexperienced,arewell-disciplined and have firm determination to serve for the country.

"Although it's not easy for the Thai fencers to succeed in the Bangkok Universiade, I remain secretly confident that they can spring a surprise in the August 8-18 tournament," he concluded.

Public Relations Committee
May 3, 2007

silvercross
-18th June 2007, 18:40
Has the British Team been announced yet?

Neil Brown
-25th June 2007, 01:01
British team has now been anounced on the BUSA web site.

Correct details are as follows:-

BUSA and British Fencing are pleased to announce that the fencing team to be sent to the World University Games will be the largest since the games were held in Sheffield back in 1991.

Mens Foil

Michael Barnett UCL
Laurence Halsted Sussex
James Kenber Oxford
David Mansour

(Reserve
Alex MacInnes) LSE

Women's Foil

Clare Bennett Durham
Anna Bentley Brunel University
Martina Emanuel UniversitÓ statale di Milano (Scienze e tecnologie agrarie)
Elizabeth Wright Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh

Mens Epee

Tom Bennett Royal Holloway
James Thornton Northumbria

Mens Sabre

Anthony Crutchett Cambridge
Neil Hutchison Kingston
Harry Moncrieff
Alexander O'Connell Cambridge

Womens Sabre

Katie Hendra

Team Officials will be

Neil Brown Team Manager

Vladimir Meshkoff and Maciej Wojtkowiak Coaches

Michael Thornton and David Sach Referees

ChubbyHubby
-25th June 2007, 11:34
Just curious as to what the published qualification criteria this year were and where I can find them.

In previous WSG the criteria was one L16 at an A-grade (supposedly set by BUSA) since the WSG is as difficult as a WC or some might say the Olympics.

For those who don't know the WSG is held every two years and is the second largest sporting event after the Olympics.

Looking at the team, it's good to see we are sending a more complete team (except for WE).

Is this to do with the Olympic Pathway again? Pathway fencers and "training partners" (or whatever the lower level of funding is called) get to go to all major champs?

ChubbyHubby
-25th June 2007, 11:59
Found it...

Pathway fencers get a "free pass" for their development.

Fencing Selection Policy
World University Games 2007

All applicants must complete a nomination form and must meet the FISU (International University Sports Federation) eligibility criteria. (i.e. hold a British passport, be a full time student or have graduated in 2006 and be born between 1 January 1979 and 31 December 1989).
To qualify for consideration for selection Athletes must have either achieved:

(1) A last 16 in a Senior World Cup Individual Event/Senior World Championships/Senior European Championships in the 12 months immediately prior to the selection date;

(2) A last 8 place in a Junior World Cup Individual Event/Junior World Championships/Junior European Championships in the 12 months immediately prior to the selection date;

(3) A last 8 place as part of a Team competing in a Senior World Cup Team Event/Senior World Championships/Senior European Championships in the 12 months immediately prior to the selection date;

(4) a medal in the Team event at the Junior World/European Championships in the 12 months immediately prior to the selection date.

(5) In addition, British Fencing may select eligible fencers from its Olympic Pathway programme (World Class Podium, World Class Development and World Class Talent programmes) as part of their development towards 2012. Fencer selected under (5) will only be selected to fill vacancies not taken by fencers qualified under (1) to (4) above (i.e. no fencer qualified under (1) to (4) above will be displaced by a fencer selected under (5).

Codicils to the above would be: (1) Qualification via criteria (3) and (4) is only applicable to the qualification of a team to compete in the WUG, i.e. it cannot be used to qualify an individual where no team is fencing; and (2) that British Fencing reserves the right to downgrade an event which is not deemed to be of a sufficiently high standard for the purposes of qualification. We will need to have this final codicil in view of the financial implications of qualification.

The selection date will be 4 June 2007

Graham Watts
Performance Director, British Fencing

Dragonfly
-27th June 2007, 09:02
Just curious as to what the published qualification criteria this year were and where I can find them.

I'm also curious because Laurence Halsted hasn't been at Sussex Uni for an entire year, so on what grounds is he able to attend?

ChubbyHubby
-27th June 2007, 09:06
I'm also curious because Laurence Halsted hasn't been at Sussex Uni for an entire year, so on what grounds is he able to attend?

I think you can still go up to a year after leaving uni.

Dragonfly
-27th June 2007, 09:15
I guess that's sensible, it means that they have a year of extra training and it doesn't interfere with exams.

pinkelephant
-27th June 2007, 09:47
That's not the reason - it's because the games are only held every 2 years so it allows everyone to have the same number of goes.

cesh_fencing
-27th June 2007, 10:13
That's not the reason - it's because the games are only held every 2 years so it allows everyone to have the same number of goes.

The number of years Anton Pollard was at Uni on & off he could have attended about 10 then...

Boo Boo
-27th June 2007, 10:24
The number of years Anton Pollard was at Uni on & off he could have attended about 10 then...

I think that you have to be below a certain age too (27 or 28, I think)... Don't think that Anton has seen 27 for a few years (well at least 10).

cesh_fencing
-27th June 2007, 10:53
Seems a bit unfair for those who go to uni for the first time as a mature student...

pinkelephant
-27th June 2007, 11:33
I've always thought of that phrase as an oxymoron.

rory
-27th June 2007, 12:37
Like "military intelligence" ... and "coach educator"

Lucan
-29th June 2007, 21:22
I see 12,000 athletes and team officials have confirmed their participation.

Lucan
-10th July 2007, 10:20
Thank you Graham Watts for geting UK Sport to approved his bid for additional funding to support the team for the World Student Games.
This will mean that none of the fencers/parent will be required to make a personal contribution. I appreciate that.

pinkelephant
-10th July 2007, 18:35
Me too. :not_worth

ihunter
-12th July 2007, 15:38
Readers of this forum should be aware of a few facts regarding the World Student Games Fencing comp.
This is most certainly NOT an international BUSA type fun 'student' event.
It is a world class competition, run by FISU and fully supported by the FIE, situated within the second largest multi-sport event on the planet after the olympic games.
As someone who has had the priviledge of refereeing at the last 2, Daegu(South Korea) and Izmir(Turkey), can I extend my good wishes and congratulations to the team on them being selected for such a fabulous event.
N.B. The Italian mens foil team who won Athens came second in Izmir!!!
The only sabreur NOT in the world top 16 missing then was Podzniakov who, at 28 was over age!!!

Boo Boo
-12th July 2007, 16:27
The only sabreur NOT in the world top 16 missing then was Podzniakov who, at 28 was over age!!!

Is it just me or does he look a little "more mature" than 33? :confused:

Boo
(sorry, WAY off topic.... but Chubby and I were trying to guess his age whilst watching the Senior Europeans MS Team event last week... :whistle: )

pinkelephant
-12th July 2007, 19:03
According to the FIE website he will be 34 in September.

Boo Boo
-12th July 2007, 20:01
According to the FIE website he will be 34 in September.

Ok, still think he looks "mature" for almost 34... maybe am just used to being married to a bit of a "baby face" (who is a year older)... :D

Boo

Neil Brown
-9th August 2007, 00:34
Just a reminder of the web site for this event http://www.bangkok2007.com/en/main/index2.php

We've had a few days to explore the village & fencing venue now. All is good. We're part of a British team of about 230.

Our team of 14 fencers & 3 coaches are mainly ready for action (some are arriving today or tomorrow). The fencing venue is great but away from the athletes village, transport is the usual mixture & we've been in a few traffic jams.

The competition timetable on the web stie will be changed & from the web site it looks as if results will be up fast, first events on Saturday.

Opening ceremony was pretty good to be part of & Alex O'Connell carried the flag (this was voted on by all the other sports in the British team). Video will probably be on the web site today.

If you don't know we're 6 hours ahead here.

Foilling Around
-9th August 2007, 09:54
Readers of this forum should be aware of a few facts regarding the World Student Games Fencing comp.
This is most certainly NOT an international BUSA type fun 'student' event.
It is a world class competition, run by FISU and fully supported by the FIE, situated within the second largest multi-sport event on the planet after the olympic games.
As someone who has had the priviledge of refereeing at the last 2, Daegu(South Korea) and Izmir(Turkey), can I extend my good wishes and congratulations to the team on them being selected for such a fabulous event.
N.B. The Italian mens foil team who won Athens came second in Izmir!!!

Those of us olde enough remember the Sheffield Universiade in 1993(?) will remember the fantastic standard of fencing. It really is a mini world championships as most countries stretch the student rules to encompass their best fencers.

The smiles on the faces of the Russians in Shefield when it was announced where they were "studying" was amusing.

doobarz
-9th August 2007, 20:12
You can see Alex with the flag here (http://www.busa.org.uk/sport_page.asp?section=00010001000200010002&sport=00010001000200010002000100060003)

Keith.A.Smith
-10th August 2007, 10:02
Dear All,

Venue as good as any world chsampionships and better than many. Men's Epee and Women's sabre starts in the morning.

This is really a top class event.

Great to see Alex carrying the flag.

Keith

Neil Brown
-10th August 2007, 16:03
Timings are now up.

Katie Hendra fences in the WS at 9. All the pools will use video replay. DEs start at 10:30

Tom Bennett & James Thornton fence at 11:00.

As Keith says the venue is fantastic. Rene Roch said at the team meeting that for the first time ever at a Universiade the venue was the exact spec for a world championships.

There are 70 volunteer helpers for the 4 coloured pistes, no one has any idea what they will all do.

There are 38 referees here, about double the number needed.

Best of luck to all the British fencers of course.

Cuppa
-10th August 2007, 16:15
Dear All,

Venue as good as any world chsampionships and better than many. Men's Epee and Women's sabre starts in the morning.

This is really a top class event.

Great to see Alex carrying the flag.

Keith

You can see our WS, Kendra on another image flying the little flag!

Good luck spudents!!

Neil Brown
-11th August 2007, 01:13
You can see entry lists on the event web site now.

The pools for the following day are up here in the hall at 4 each day.

Andy
-11th August 2007, 08:16
Those of us olde enough remember the Sheffield Universiade in 1993(?)

A.

Barry Paul
-11th August 2007, 08:45
Hi Neil If you have a chance pictures of the apparatus set up,pools quarters and finals info on the pistes types ect. Camera types and position on the pistes would be interesting to me.

Keith.A.Smith
-11th August 2007, 09:04
Dear All,

Tom Bennett now in top 16 of Men's epee and fencimg against a chinese in about 20 minutes.

Good luck tom,

keith from Bangkok.

Keith.A.Smith
-11th August 2007, 09:05
Dear All,

Tom Bennett now in top 16 of Men's epee and fencing against a chinese in about 20 minutes.

Good luck tom,

keith from Bangkok.

PM1
-11th August 2007, 09:46
http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Results - ME
Just been looking at this fab site, and found the results thus far....well, for ME, anyway....after the pools, Thornton 25th, Bennett 46 so both qualified.

Thornton lost 13/15 in the last 64 to Sulat from the US (sorry), Bennett beat Kewon (Korea) 15/10, then beat Padar (Hungary) in the 32 15/12 and is shceduled to meet LIg of China about now in the L16.

COME ON TOM !!! BELIEVE !!!!!

and I think he has just lost, but respectably..:(

PM1
-11th August 2007, 09:58
It looks like Tom lost 15/12 to the guy ranked 3rd after the pools.

Well done Tom !! Just shows how you needn't put so much trust in pool rankings, more faith in yourself.....:whistle:

PM1
-11th August 2007, 13:55
Tom 16th, James 34th.

Not bad, chaps !!:)

Neil Brown
-12th August 2007, 00:43
MF due to start at 9 this morning. Yesterday the results were up on the web a few minutes after they were complete for most of the day.

Many of the events (not just fencing) are turning into an Eastern Europe vs Asia competition.

British gold medallist in the men's 100m yesterday but the event will be re-run because of faulty timing equipment.

Foilling Around
-12th August 2007, 08:28
I don't know if anyone is awake or has noticed, but Laurence Halsted is through to the L8 of the MF!!

It is times for 15.00hrs local time. Half an hour ago, but no result yet.

Duncan Rowlands
-12th August 2007, 08:33
So how did Katie do in the sabre?

Barry Paul
-12th August 2007, 08:55
not the easiest site to get the results but in the last 16 Laurence won 15 9 in 2.13 minutes see. http://info.bangkok2007.com Are the results shown on any other site?

PM1
-12th August 2007, 09:33
D!!n - I could get into the results various ways on this site yesterday, but i can't get into results at all now......

PM1
-12th August 2007, 09:34
So how did Katie do in the sabre?
Looked as if she was having a bad day at the office, I'm afraid.:(

Keith.A.Smith
-12th August 2007, 09:39
dear All,

Laurence Halseted in top 4 of the men's foil. He wil fence against a chinese in 2 hours.

A bronze medal at least.

Good luck laurence and very well fenced.

Best wishes,

keith

PM1
-12th August 2007, 09:49
wonderful !!!!

go Laurence !!!!!:d :d

PM1
-12th August 2007, 10:02
Ok - I'm back into the site now....Laurence qualified 45th, met MacInnes in the L64 (ouch). Kember 31 out to Getz 34, Barnett was the first fencer eliminated after the pools.

No WE from GB. No comment.

Another fencer
-12th August 2007, 10:39
Laurence Halsted through to semis facing Wu Hanxiong (CHINA), other semi is Bao Xiaoqing (CHINA) vs Maxim Petrov (UKR). Laurence bt Kamitsu (JPN) 15-8 in QF.

Jamie Kenber and Alex Macinnes out in L64. (Latter having done well in poule went out to Halsted in the L64).

The site is heavy so it can take time to load.

Foilling Around
-12th August 2007, 11:43
Looks like he is fencing the SF now, but I can't find any real time scores - that would be asking too much!!

wilbur
-12th August 2007, 12:19
Halstead lost 15:9, all Chinese final.

Wilbur

Barry Paul
-12th August 2007, 13:29
Can any one tell me the senior world ranking of the two Chinese finalists?

Barry Paul
-12th August 2007, 15:18
World ranking Wu 33 Bao 419 Halsted 104

madfencer
-12th August 2007, 17:59
Well done to Halsted - great result!

pinkelephant
-12th August 2007, 18:12
http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Results - ME
Just been looking at this fab site, and found the results thus far....well, for ME, anyway....after the pools, Thornton 25th, Bennett 46 so both qualified.

Thornton lost 13/15 in the last 64 to Sulat from the US (sorry), Bennett beat Kewon (Korea) 15/10, then beat Padar (Hungary) in the 32 15/12 and is shceduled to meet LIg of China about now in the L16.

Just got home after being out of contact for a week. James apparently turned his ankle in the pool, which really bu**ered his knee. He refused a painkilling injection before the DE (very wise, bearing in mind what happened to his father at about the same age when he DID have one). Fenced his DE with "more strapping than leg". 3CT says the medical facilities in the village are fantastic - he had "medics all over him like a rash". They are letting him fence in the team as they don't think he'll do any more damage, but then he has to rest it for a couple of months.

Well done Tom, and FANTASTIC news Lawrence.:not_worth

PM1
-12th August 2007, 22:57
Poor Jim Bob....that means BOTH him and Boy are going to be hobbling for a bit :(

Neil Brown
-13th August 2007, 01:00
Laurence fenced very well in the DE to reach the 4, he was 45th after the round with 47 promoted. His closest fight was a Thai fencer (who was also in his pool) in the 32.

Several of the British team managers chose a good time to come & watch fencing as well & saw Laurence win his 16 & 8 fights.

Alex, Anthony & Neil fence this morning in the MS. Anna, Claire, Liz & Martina fence in the WF at 11 local time.

I, unfortunately missed Laurence's L4 fight following a discussion with a local dog when out running between the DE rounds.

I can confirm our medical facilities are excellent. I had minor surgery by one of the GB team doctors in the athletes village then some spectacularly unpleasant rabies vaccinataions in the university hospital.

jamesthornton
-13th August 2007, 02:18
id just like to add my congratulations to laurence it was awesome to watch. hopefully i will be able to get the video up somewhere at some point in the next few days but the internet is a bit iffy in the village. i have a few photos aswell.

id also like to point out that the chinese fencers hardly do any a-grades and therefore there rankings are not truly reflective of there ability.

i also have all the photos you need barry.

jimmy

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 06:32
Nice of you to post on the forum Jimmy when you can't even contact your mother! (I did get a photo of the offending knee from 3CT though).

Poor Neil (and congratulations by the way). I hope the dog saw the error of its ways?

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 06:42
Alex just made the cut but Anthony just missed it, both on 2 victories. Bad day for Neil. Alex then out 15-10 to Bykov (RUS). No WF results yet.

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 08:06
All 4 girls made the cut (29 - only 41 competitors).

Anna has won her L32 fight 13-12 against Matsuki (JPN) (though the bout time is recorded as 5:06 - but only 1 yellow card so it can't have been non-combativity - something doesn't add up).

Martina out 13-7 to Mori (also JPN) (again the bout time makes no sense).

Claire has Qiu (CHN) - result should be in by now but isn't.

Liz has Janas (POL) - should be fencing now.

rugmike
-13th August 2007, 08:10
[QUOTE=Neil Brown;
I, unfortunately missed Laurence's L4 fight following a discussion with a local dog when out running between the DE rounds.

I can confirm our medical facilities are excellent. I had minor surgery by one of the GB team doctors in the athletes village then some spectacularly unpleasant rabies vaccinataions in the university hospital.[/QUOTE]

NEIL !!!

You seem to have a history of meeting nasty canines abroad ! - note: stop keeping fit by looking for mangy curs.

(Not a suitable occupation for those of executive status )

Hope the medics did a nice sewing job - still, Frankie can always tidy it up !!

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 08:14
Claire's result now in - she wins 15-7. Cracking result as she was the lower seed - from 5-5 it looks like she stormed away - the fight was all over in the first period (yes, and it's WF).

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 08:22
Liz went out 15-4. (But it still lasted 3 periods). So that's 2 in the L16. Go girls!

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 09:27
Claire beat Anna 15-8, so Claire is now in the L8.

Boo Boo
-13th August 2007, 09:35
Well done to Claire for making at least the L8 (and hopefully further) :), although very poor luck for Anna :(

Fantastic result for Laurence yesterday.

Boo

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 10:40
Claire now out to Repina (RUS) 15-3. Still a L8 - great result. Not a bad week for Salle Paul.

hokers
-13th August 2007, 10:43
Congratulations to those doing well, comiserations to those who are not. Can't be fun to fly halfway round the world and get knocked out first round. Take heart, we're behind you all the way and believe you will come back stronger.

All that aside, let me ask a question. In the opinion of the forum, is it better to have your two fencers meet in the L16 (or whatever round) and guarantee (at least) 1 L8 and one L16 than both meeting opponents from other clubs/countries and potentially both going out at that stage?

I guess this is philosophical as much as anything, but would be interested to see what people think.

Boo Boo
-13th August 2007, 10:45
Claire now out to Repina (RUS) 15-3. Still a L8 - great result. Not a bad week for Salle Paul.

Excellent result - well done Claire :thumbs_up

Also well done Anna on the L16.

Out of interest, do the WSG count towards Senior Ranking points? I assume not, because they are restricted entry by age/status (i.e. you have to be a student and under the age of 27/28/similar)... but I had never thought of it before :confused:

Fingers crossed for the team events too :)

Boo

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 10:53
Out of interest, do the WSG count towards Senior Ranking points? I assume not, because they are restricted entry by age/status (i.e. you have to be a student and under the age of 27/28/similar)... but I had never thought of it before :confused:

:)

Boo

Don't think they do, but for Jimmy's sake I wish they would, as it looks as if he'll be missing Essex and Bristol for the second year running (at least he has no points to defend from them). (Actually he did fence, injured, at Essex last year, went out in the 128 15-14 but his opponent thought he had lost and went home, leaving Anton Pollard a freebie to the L32!!!)

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 12:53
Draw for the ME team now up. Our boys (Tom, Jimmy, and Alex McInnes/Mikey Barnett) have Hungary in the L16 at 11 a.m. local time tomorrow (that's 5 a.m. BST).

Boo Boo
-13th August 2007, 13:03
Draw for the ME team now up. Our boys (Tom, Jimmy, and Alex McInnes/Mikey Barnett) have Hungary in the L16 at 11 a.m. local time tomorrow (that's 5 a.m. BST).

Was wondering how they were going to do the team event with just Jimmy and Tom there... :confused:

Very good luck in the team event :)

Boo

ChubbyHubby
-13th August 2007, 14:18

You mean they are going to take a foilist to make up the numbers in the ME team?

pinkelephant
-13th August 2007, 14:27
The foilists were already there. Mikey got some practice in at the Nationals - he was in the Bob's bruisers ME team.

Jan O'C
-13th August 2007, 20:37
Just wanted to send Neil B our commiserations from Turkey. Really sorry to hear from Alex about the dog bite but just goes to show that keeping fit isn't always the best course of action. Anyway, hope you're not in too much pain and very best wishes from families O'Connell and Gill (you'll remember Tom from his cadet days and the ferris wheel in Kenten!)

PM1
-13th August 2007, 21:41
Thinks: is Brown responsible enough to be team manager, when he repeats behviour he KNOWS is ill advised from previous outings??? Not setting a good example, what??
(only kidding.....:whistle: get better soon)

Keith.A.Smith
-14th August 2007, 00:52
Dear All,

Many congratulations to Claire Bennett on coming 8th in the World University Games.

Two world finalists is good going.

Keith

pinkelephant
-14th August 2007, 06:58
ME team went out to Hungary 45-22. Don't know any details.

rugmike
-14th August 2007, 12:37
Just wanted to send Neil B our commiserations from Turkey. Really sorry to hear from Alex about the dog bite but just goes to show that keeping fit isn't always the best course of action. Anyway, hope you're not in too much pain and very best wishes from families O'Connell and Gill (you'll remember Tom from his cadet days and the ferris wheel in Kenten!)

Hi Jan, have they finally managed to get him out of the handcuffs then ?

pinkelephant
-14th August 2007, 13:04
MF team seeded 6 out of the 13 teams - they have USA at 3 a.m. our time.

pinkelephant
-15th August 2007, 02:51
Looks like the boys have beaten USA 45-30 (result "unofficial" at whatever ungodly time this is - can't sleep!). Next they have Russia.

Barry Paul
-15th August 2007, 05:26
G.B foil lost 45 20

pinkelephant
-15th August 2007, 06:51
The Russians look to be in murderous form - they've just beaten Ukraine, who were 2nd seeds, 45-26.

pinkelephant
-15th August 2007, 14:54
Can't get on the Bangkok site at school - it's filtered out!:eek:

Red
-15th August 2007, 20:15
Can't get on the Bangkok site at school - it's filtered out!:eek:

Probably overenthusiastic - Bangkok has two very naughty words in it :rolleyes:

pinkelephant
-15th August 2007, 21:01
I get the same problem with the Essex Open. Virgin Trains is OK though.

rugmike
-16th August 2007, 17:08
MS out to Ukraine 45-32 (I think) in 16.

Bum.

cesh_fencing
-16th August 2007, 21:57
Any news on the Ladies Foils team?

3 Card Trick
-17th August 2007, 04:14
GBR WFT lost to Japan who went on to take the bronze beating Russia in the 3rd place match.