PDA

View Full Version : Cadet Potential Programme

Neil Brown
-27th June 2007, 01:21
Most of you will have seen this new initiative on the British Fencing web site.

Details of the first training weekend are on a link from www.fencingcoach.net (http://www.fencingcoach.net) at the moment. We will have CPP web site up in a short time which will allow contribution from the 36 squad fencers & their coaches.

Congratulations to the fencers who are on this new squad & to the coaches who have helped get them there. You can see these names on the linked spreadsheet on the information document.

I will generally put a notification here when there are new details published.

There's also a CPP group on Facebook. If you're one of the fencers or coaches you should join it.

Please contact me if you have any questions or constructive comments.

cesh_fencing
-27th June 2007, 11:14
How do fencers get to be considered for this programme?

Baldric
-27th June 2007, 11:19
How do fencers get to be considered for this programme?

My understanding is that is the top 6 in the 2007/8 start rankings for each weapon.

Neil Brown
-27th June 2007, 11:25
So far, for the first season, they've been taken off the initial cadet rankings for 07-08. Selection has been done by the weapons so I got a list of names & completed forms from Neale Thomas.

We will discuss a bit how this may be changed for the future towards the end of the season, clearly there needs to be something in place for younger fencers as the top 6 on the rankings are likely to be final year cadets. (You can see everyone's birth year on the linked spreadsheet.)

cesh_fencing
-27th June 2007, 11:57
We will discuss a bit how this may be changed for the future towards the end of the season, clearly there needs to be something in place for younger fencers as the top 6 on the rankings are likely to be final year cadets. (You can see everyone's birth year on the linked spreadsheet.)

I guess it depends whether this programme is to expand the potential of current cadets or to support future potential cadets internationals, or both. If both it will probably need more funding.

kd5mdk
-27th June 2007, 14:33
There's also a CPP group on Facebook. If you're one of the fencers or coaches you should join it.
I find that incredibly cute.

Neil Brown
-12th July 2007, 01:45
Latest details including the timetable for the weekend are now up. Please note there is a pre-assessment sheet you should fill in & return to me.

Neil Brown
-17th July 2007, 00:16
Well done to the fencers who made the first weekend, we saw a bit of sweat on the floor but no blood or tears. Test results are all with James & Keith now.

There's a bit of lost property, photo on the facebook group, let me know if you recognise it.

Some of you have not sent back the preassessment form yet, please do this now if you haven't already.

Neil Brown
-17th July 2007, 01:13
Updated information on the CPP link at www.fencingcoach.net (http://www.fencingcoach.net)

You can now download most of the forms & presentations we used at Whitgift.

Anyone who needs to claim expenses should download a form & send it to me with the relevant receipts as soon as possible.

Tubby
-17th July 2007, 12:57
Is there a link to the expenses form on the website? I cannot immediately see it.

Neil Brown
-17th July 2007, 13:06
Go to the CPP link at www.fencingcoach.net (http://www.fencingcoach.net), scroll down to the end of the document & look under the heading "Forms"

Tubby
-17th July 2007, 16:51
Thanks.