PDA

View Full Version : So who is going where?

HB Pencil
-31st August 2007, 16:49
For any students post grads under grads old and new......where are you all going?

gbm
-31st August 2007, 21:42
Back to Cardiff for a PhD :)

Red
-31st August 2007, 21:45
Back to Leicester for the 4th year of lovely astrophysics.

D'Artignan
-31st August 2007, 22:16
Back to work, this time as a full-time member of the management team. Be afraid, be very afraid:tongue2:

Bambi
-1st September 2007, 12:17
Sadly no more uni for me :( start work for the first time ever next week!!! Don't know if i'll ever get used to early mornings and having to do work!!!

shepherd
-1st September 2007, 21:27
going to Bath for Mres course :-)

TLove
-3rd September 2007, 02:46
Sadly no more uni for me :(

Ditto... will still be involved in the Uni club, but not the team (except maybe come coaching).

Maybe one day I'll come back and actually complete that PhD :)

Restrained Dad
-3rd September 2007, 12:55
Junior is off to Bath to be a Chemist. His identity must remain secret but his initals are JT and he's 62 in Mens Foil (well at least until Saturdays disaster in the Essex Open is counted!)

Cottontail
-4th September 2007, 07:00
My junior is off to Brightion & Sussex Medical School. Not sure how he is going to manage to keep up the fencing with difficulties getting to competitions, training, coaching, managing student loan etc. How does everyone else manage?

I see the proposed junior training camp is at half term. No half term for him now!

Restrained Dad
-4th September 2007, 09:57
Cottontail. I guess I'll continue as competitions manager, nutritionist, physcological mentor, part time kit transporter and banker as before.

doobarz
-4th September 2007, 10:16
I'm off to Durham for a part time MA, so will only be there for 1 day a week. Might be able to sneak into the BUSA individuals though...

Cottontail
-4th September 2007, 10:17
Cottontail. I guess I'll continue as competitions manager, nutritionist, physcological mentor, part time kit transporter and banker as before.

Hmmm. That's what I think would be the case for us too. At least he is not too far away so we can help with transport to competitions at least as long as he comes home at the right time. He also had a rotten Essex. Never mind, it's still early in the season.

Australian
-4th September 2007, 10:56
I'll be at City, not that anyone I know goes or fences there.

Wanabeno1
-4th September 2007, 19:47
Did hear at Essex that Matt Shearman is off to Oxford, not sure if it's true thought, if true well done!

J_D
-5th September 2007, 14:52
Taking a gap year after completing my GDL (CPE) back to UWE next year for my LPC. [ok, hardly a gap year per se, I'm in full time work anyway, but at least I'll be letting myself fence a bit now!]

Shaftoe
-6th September 2007, 14:49
For anyone coming to London / Greenwich / Goldsmiths / City

Blackheath is a mostly friendly, accessable club by Overland/DLR/Tube when not striking or Bus when a strike is on.

Student wise we host the Greenwich university club

Social wise we beat the students at thier own game....

http://www.blackheathfencing.org.uk

TLove
-6th September 2007, 22:55
For anyone coming to London / Greenwich / Goldsmiths / City

Blackheath is a mostly friendly, accessable club by Overland/DLR/Tube when not striking or Bus when a strike is on.

Student wise we host the Greenwich university club

Social wise we beat the students at thier own game....

http://www.blackheathfencing.org.uk

London students, try http://ulufencing.net also.
We take all students from University of London affiliated colleges (primarily those without their own fencing clubs)

silvercross
-13th September 2007, 09:20
Eeep! :eek:

Have to update Liverpool Uni Fencing Club website after looooong summer away from fencing and fencing related matters.

Can't believe fresher's fair is next week!

If anyone is coming to Liverpool, send me a PM, or e-mail me through the website. :)

www.liverpool-fencing.com

fnork
-13th September 2007, 09:27
London students, try http://ulufencing.net also.
We take all students from University of London affiliated colleges (primarily those without their own fencing clubs)

I'm looking to come to ULU

Dalesman
-13th September 2007, 09:54

So you live somewhere between South Wales and South on Sea, only a short hope then :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

fnork
-13th September 2007, 10:20
So you live somewhere between South Wales and South on Sea, only a short hope then :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Sorry?

Restrained Dad
-13th September 2007, 11:35
Dalesman,

you've lost your end mate! Painful.......

Dalesman
-13th September 2007, 14:14
Dalesman,

you've lost your end mate! Painful.......

Thanks I never noticed, better go looking for it! :eek: :eek:

TLove
-13th September 2007, 15:29

Great. Which college will you be at?
..and which weapon do you fence? :)

Swords Crossed
-14th September 2007, 18:16
Eeep! :eek:

If anyone is coming to Liverpool, send me a PM, or e-mail me through the website. :)

www.liverpool-fencing.com

you'll be more than welcome to introduce yourselves in person too. We'll be easily spotted at fresher's fair!

silvercross
-15th September 2007, 10:19
Are we gonna be fully kitted again?

Will I have to juggle epees like last time, or balance them on my pinkies? :D

Will there be paramedics nearby?

Tarmac
-15th September 2007, 13:00
Transferring to Cardiff this year... but only part-time.

Might have to come up to the Merseyside to worry some of those pesky Liverpool Uni lot :P

silvercross
-15th September 2007, 13:34
I take it you will be going to the BUSA individuals again this year, Tarmac?

Tarmac
-15th September 2007, 16:04
Yeah I hope to - not too sure what the deal is with part-time students. Might even do some training this year if I'm lucky!

TLove
-16th September 2007, 10:53
AFAIK part timers are OK for BUSA.
The only problem might be getting funding from your Uni to go, depending on their rules and regs.

Twoswords
-16th September 2007, 10:54
Staying in Swansea for an MRes, probably not making many away fixtures though.

Thermal
-17th September 2007, 18:57
I've just started at MMU. Is there a club to be called into going on this year? :confused:

silvercross
-18th September 2007, 13:17
Might be a question for the eternal Tarmac, who was their star fencer last year...:D

silvercross
-21st September 2007, 13:36
Quick question:

Does anyone know who's in charge of the List of Unis with a Fencing Club on the BUSA webpage? :confused:

I tried to e-mail some corrections to the e-mail given on the BUSA webpage, but it bounced back saying 'unknown address' :(

fnork
-21st September 2007, 14:03
Great. Which college will you be at?
..and which weapon do you fence? :)

I'm at LSE and an epeeist, I think I e-mailed you a couple of months back through the ULU site :)

Gangsta G
-21st September 2007, 14:47
Eeep!Is that an anogram of 'epee'? :p

About to begin my 2nd year at Brum :)

silvercross
-22nd September 2007, 09:10
I think that's the sound my jacket made when I tried to put it on after not fencing for three months! :D

TLove
-23rd September 2007, 12:18
I'm at LSE and an epeeist, I think I e-mailed you a couple of months back through the ULU site :)

Hehe, quite possibly... I've slept since then though :)

See you in a couple of weeks then!

Nick_C
-19th February 2008, 23:04
I'm off to Nottingham uni in sept for four more hard years :D

anyone else selected notts as their firm choice? (or any other uni for that matter?!?)

I'd love to improve on my busa L8 last year :) *must train hard*!!

Red
-19th February 2008, 23:15
With any luck I'll be doing a physics PGCE in Leicester/Brum/Nottingham/Loughborough.

Swords Crossed
-20th February 2008, 14:26
With any luck I'll be doing a physics PGCE in Leicester/Brum/Nottingham/Loughborough.

So I see you've really narrowed it down then...

Red
-20th February 2008, 17:07
So I see you've really narrowed it down then...

A bit. I've not yet been to have a look at any of them yet (except Leicester), so cannae narrow it down further.

Nick_C
-12th May 2008, 01:06
Got my unconditional offer from Notts this week!! Giving up the drudgery (is that even a real word...?) of the Ambulance service for medical school whoop whoop!!

pinkelephant
-12th May 2008, 06:12
Congratulations.

Tubby
-12th May 2008, 11:35
Giving up the drudgery (is that even a real word...?) of the Ambulance service... Another example of relativity - Ambulance Service is so much cooler than what I do :(

madfencer
-12th May 2008, 21:37
Hopefully Northumbria to study Criminology and Forensic Science, but it's conditional on me getitng a C in my Biology A level retakes. If not then i've got an unconditional offer to study Criminology at Sheffield Hallam. :)

Danum
-13th May 2008, 18:06
Anyone out there going to Nottingham Uni or already there and needing somewhere to live for 2009/2010 get in touch. I have 5,6,7 and 8 bed houses in Lenton. They are all rented for the next academic year but come December the bigger properties will go fast. Either PM me or if you are going to the Senior Nationals or GB Junior competitions I'll be in my usual spot selling T shirts.