PDA

View Full Version : Warwick University National Novices Comp 2007

SuburbanMyth
-27th September 2007, 19:30
Hi all,

The annual University of Warwick National Novices Competition will take place on Saturday 24th November.

In brief, the competition is open to all university students who have been fencing for less than two years. We run both men and women's foil.

We have sent an email to everyone currently on our list with preliminary information; however, if you haven't received anything but are interested in further details, reply here or to our club email, and I'll send it out. Additionally, I think our contact details for some clubs are out of date, as a couple of the emails bounced.

Further information and entry forms should be going out in the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions etc, please get in contact either here or by email (fencing@sunion.warwick.ac.uk).

Thanks, and I hope to see a lot of you in November,

Laura
UWFC President

akakage
-28th September 2007, 10:32
Thats the same date as our AU ball!! We will try and make our way down, although i cant promise anything.

silvercross
-28th September 2007, 13:53
Your AU Ball is in November??!!:eek:

We wait until the end of the academic year to do ours.

Will pass the info along to the Liv. Uni crowd.

akakage
-28th September 2007, 14:31
Your AU Ball is in November??!!:eek:

We wait until the end of the academic year to do ours.

Will pass the info along to the Liv. Uni crowd.

We have two a year :tongue: . A christmas one and a presentation one at the end of the academic year.

akakage
-28th September 2007, 21:58
I was told that Keele Universtiy hasnt recieved anything. That might be due to a new email address.

keelefencingclub@googlemail.com

SuburbanMyth
-30th September 2007, 15:52
Akakage -

We didn't have that address for Keele, but I've now updated our mailing list; entry forms etc should be going out in the next couple of weeks.

Nick_C
-30th September 2007, 21:23
Hi. Loughborough would also be interested if it had received any information. This is my third year asking for entry forms (see http://fencingforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7891)... so , third time lucky, perhaps we'll get one this year!! :confused:

gbm
-1st October 2007, 00:30
At least one fencer from Cardiff Uni has already expressed interest... please get our email address off this page (where it is protected by Javascript):
http://www.cardiffunifencing.co.uk/mos/Contact_Us/Itemid,3/

Gangsta G
-1st October 2007, 14:47
We have two a year :tongue: . A christmas one and a presentation one at the end of the academic year. Even so Christmas is in December ;)

Hopefully get a few Brummies to the comp

silvercross
-2nd October 2007, 10:01
As a complement to this competition, if anyone is interested in another Novice foil com, check out the Phoenix Foil:

http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9801

It's a couple of weeks before the Warwick comp, so it ties in nicely for new fencers who want to start getting a taste of competition life.

As 2005 Winner (shameless plug :D ) I wholeheartedly recommend this competition for any new fencers!

And since our new club captain came 4th at the Warwick one last year, it's a great 1-2 combo for all new fencers!

Done my bit of advertising...:tongue:

SuburbanMyth
-4th October 2007, 10:40
Hey,

As a general note to all universities that are coming from far-away lands, we are going to send out information regarding accommodation. We're also looking into accommodation on-campus, and will let you know as soon as we do.

Nick - I really have no idea what's gone wrong the last couple of years - we haven't been ignoring you on purpose! Our current email for you is to the chair; is that correct, or should it be going to clubcaptain@lufbrafencing.co.uk? I'll post again once the information's gone out, so please let me know if you don't receive it!

GBM - I've added the Cardiff address to our mailing list.

silvercross
-4th October 2007, 10:51
Any chance you could send us the forms and further particulars to the club's generic e-mail address? I think we might have a few fencers interested in going (we've definitely got our current club captain interested in going).

It's liverpool.u.fencing@gmail.com

Nick_C
-4th October 2007, 14:37
Hey,

Nick - I really have no idea what's gone wrong the last couple of years - we haven't been ignoring you on purpose! Our current email for you is to the chair; is that correct, or should it be going to clubcaptainATlufbrafencingDOTcoDOTuk? I'll post again once the information's gone out, so please let me know if you don't receive it!

Yep, either of those will do great, thank you!

SuburbanMyth
-8th October 2007, 21:16
Hey,

Entry forms for the National Novices were sent out today; hopefully everybody who wanted one should have received them. If anyone hasn't received the email but wants an entry form, let me know (email fencing@sunion.warwick.ac.uk ) and I'll ping one out to you.

We have also booked accommodation on-campus for both Friday and Saturday nights; please let us know ASAP if you think you will want it (along with estimated numbers).

Nick C: if you tell me that you haven't received any entry forms, I actually might cry; I even specifically checked that your club was on the mailing list after it was sent!

Cheers,

Laura

Nick_C
-9th October 2007, 16:15
lol thanx. I will check with the two peeps who hold those email addresses. Cheers :thumbs_up:

Nick_C
-4th November 2007, 19:10
update - both emails were received! Thank you! Although whether we send anyone depends on whether our committee send the comp details around the club...

I might see you this week/next week when you fence lufbra ladies & men's teams (if i can get out of work).

PS might be an idea if you bring some entry forms with you... lol
Cheers,
nick

akakage
-27th November 2007, 09:24
I didnt manage to make it down there but i heard it was good fun as always. Would it be possible to get a final rankings list? - some of our fencers forgot what place they came :S

SuburbanMyth
-27th November 2007, 15:16
Hey,

First off, I'd like to say a massive thank you to everybody who helped out with this year's Novices; those who came and refereed, and those who helped out with various stages of organising. I hope everyone who took part had a good time; there was some really good fencing going on, so congratulations to all of you (and hopefully see some of you back for next year!).

Now for what you all actually want; the rankings for the National Novices 2007:

1 Ratcliffe Zander KEELE
2 Seow Jet UCL
3 Alcaraz Nathaniel QUEEN MARY’S
4 Fenton Sean ABERYTHWYTH
5 Penman David WARWICK
6 Peters Phil BANGOR
7 Brown William BANGOR
8 Davies James KEELE
9 Chambers Phil KENT
10 Kwok Chester KEELE
11 Chandler Simon KEELE