View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. We Saw It Coming......!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencing@ View Post
    Firstly, I apologise again for the length of this message. It's an emotive subject to me and one that hit a raw nerve.

I'd like to apologise to all of you that take part in this noble sport. I am not a fencer, never coached or been to a major competition but have always wanted to take up the sport. Alas, chronic back problems prevent me but I still enjoy watching it.

I work as a sports marketing manager for a main sponsor of a young fencer in the North West. Not wishing
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Jon Willis dropped from funding in lead-in year to London 2012

David Gregory's funding requirement to train for the Rio Olympics is currently in excess of £42,200 per annum. Hope that helps
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Gregory Pupil Wins Gold in Junior European Pentathlon

David Gregory's Academy training days have had their first success with Joe Evans winning the Gold in the European Junior Pentathlon Championships this week.

Evans, who trains with Gregory and former double U18 Epee Champion Chris Greensides twice a week at Gregory's Academy in Wrexham and at the Wrekin Sword Club, is fast becoming one of the emerging stars of the sport but needed to improve his fencing.

“We're very proud of Joe and I bet he's over the moon at the result”
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New Shop

David Gregory moves into his new retail premises on August 1st 2011. Located in Chester, the shop will stock a range of items for either the starter or experienced fencer.
    Tags: epee, gregory Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Full Time Training

David Gregory starts his full time training regime this week begining with a 45 min CV fitness testing session at 7am followed by Pilates and a session in the Spa.

Mid-afternoons will see him going through a weights program and then a two hour on piste training session.

His VO2 Max is currently 52 which is decent but not what is expected and should be at 71 by the start of the season.

Twice a week, David will be in the pool with an International Swimming ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast