View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Epee competition club night at st paul's school open to all fencers on 9.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by Pointework View Post
    CLUB CHAMPION MYSTERY CONTINUES

Right the winner was definitely someone named 'Mark' but he is not a cadet. There was a cadet that kept killing everyone but he apparently came 2nd or 3rd. Mark is definitely a senior and apparently gleaned his epee technique from the stalwarts at the Landsdowne but he is also a 3 weapon fencer and belongs to two other clubs.

Now had I won, I would have been able to give everyone really clear details of everyone
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Welsh Open Results

What a great weekend for the North West Academy.

The weekend started off with 10 year old Cameron Gorle taking part in the U12 Foil competition. Gorle took the silver medal and finished ahead of his highly experienced fellow North Walian couterparts. Gorle, who has only been fencing for the past 12 months, joined the North West Academy's Centre of Excellence in July 2011 and has been improving rapidly under the guidance of his Coach Peter Davies.

Then it was the turn ...
  3. Epee Club night Review - LATE EDITION!

Quote Originally Posted by Pointework View Post
    BREAKING NEWS UPDATE = I didn't win (This is supposed to be followed by a gasp of surprise)

OVERALL VERDICT = A REALLY GOOD NIGHT FENCING WITH THE POTENTIAL TO GET MORE
    COMPETITIVE AND FACILITATE UP TO 42FENCERS ON A COMPETITION NIGHT

ATTRACTED AGE RANGE = VERY BALANCED BETWEEN CADETS, SENIORS AND VETS.

PARTICIPATION = A VERY INTERNATIONAL AFFAIR HEAVILY DOMINATED BY TEAM FRA, BUT
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Why Did I Bother?

I thank you all for your comments, I put up the results in good faith and to show what we are all about. I never expected to read the comments that have been made in such a manner. I cannot believe that there is anyone out there that has read my comments about what we are all about and thought “He's an idiot”.

To think for one moment that I know nothing about sports is just insulting, but highlights the intellectual level at which some people are.

To get a precise ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. NW Fencing Academy Training Day

Quote Originally Posted by Fencing@ View Post
    The North West Fencing Academy is pleased to announce that its first training session will be held at;

David Lloyd Health Club,
    Cromwell Avenue South,
    Great Sankey,
    Warrington,
    Cheshire WA5 1HH

November 26th 2011

The sessions will comprise of the following;

10.00 U10, U12, U14 Arrival (Sabre & Epee Only)
    10.15 Registrations, Warm up's & Parents Meeting

10.30 Fitness Fundamentals &
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast