View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Epee Competition - Club Night at St Paul's Fencing Club 9.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by Pointework View Post
    UPDATE

Okay, I have had a further chat with Jim to enquire about the final format for next Wednesday at St Paul's and it will apparently only be a poule unique if small numbers turn up and if there is a large turnout -'on time' there will be Direct Elimination with Repechage.

Jim has hosted and managed these type of club nights before, albeit for Foil, so if he is confident everything can be done within time and to everyone's satisfaction, why not believe him? (I
  2. St paul's epee competition club night open to all fencers on 9.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by Pointework View Post
    UPDATE

Okay, I have had a further chat with Jim to enquire about the final format for next Wednesday at St Paul's and it will apparently only be a poule unique if small numbers turn up and if there is a large turnout -'on time' there will be Direct Elimination with Repechage.

Jim has hosted and managed these type of club nights before, albeit for Foil, so if he is confident everything can be done within time and to everyone's satisfaction, why not believe him? (I
  3. The North West Fencing Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Fencing@ View Post
    After two weeks of processing all the performance stats and technical reviews, we have invited the following fencers to attend our North West Academy and start our World Class Training Program.

Seniors - R16
    Stuart Marshall, Rivington, Sabre
    David Gregory, Welsh Marches, Epee
    Tom Mottershead, Romiley, Sabre

U18's - 2020
    Robert Veitch, Rivington, Sabre
    Thomas Corlett, Salle Kiss, Foil
    Harriot Tallon, Rivington, Sabre
    Emily
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. OK, let me clear a few things up

I'm as diplomatic as a rotting wilderbeest and when it comes to BS artists I have an attitude akin to a rottweiler with toothache.

I wrote a blog earlier and the “grief” it's caused is laughable and so I take this time to go through some of the points of concern and break it down into laymans terms.

Our aim when we found Jon Willis in our sights was to meet him in the DE's. Why? Because he's the best fencer in the UK and who better to fence against and gauge David's progress. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Elite Epee Open

Spent Sunday with David at the Elite Epee and it was the best run competition I've seen so far. Well done to the organisers it was very slick.

David got a Last 4 and lost to Jon Willis 15-8. David did well taking a 3-1 lead on Willis before his arm injury started to affect him, preventing him from being able to grip his sword properly. The injury, caused during a clash on piste with Lane in the Last 8's, saw David almost throw away a 14-10 lead and he only just managed to win the bout ...

Updated -24th October 2011 at 14:10 by wingnutLP

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast