+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LPJS London Teams

Getting there... Touché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to behold Touché Turtle's Avatar

Default LPJS London Teams

Hi,
    Having just been feeling particularly organised* I was checking out the entry requirements for this year's team event. As far as I can see, the details and entry form for last year are still up.
    Has anyone found details for this year? Is it going to be at Ackland B school again?

Any info gratefully received, thanks.

*its ok, the feeling has passed now...I'm back to my usual procrastinating self! Anyone who knows me was probably wondering if my ID had been hacked!
    Touché Away!!!

Senior Member Ronald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond repute

You should contact Clare Halsted who organizes this event.

However, my understanding is that it will be taking place on Sunday 28th
    November at Acland Burghley School,Tufnell Park.

Initiate Hazel will become famous soon enough

Default LPJS Team Event Details

Details of the event and an entry form are now on the Finchley Foil web site at http://www.finchleyfoil.co.uk/ under 'events'. 2010 details should be on the LPJS site shortly.

Hazel

Getting there... Touché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to beholdTouché Turtle is a splendid one to behold Touché Turtle's Avatar

Thankyou Hazel.
    you may want to check your form though, as it says ages as of 1.1.09
    Touché Away!!!

Default LPJS Team Event Details

Ah - I wondered who would spot that! Good work!
    Thanks - its now changed

Smile

Just 2 weeks left to enter the LPJS London Team event. This is the only LPJS team event left in the calendar. Great experience and great fun. It takes place on 28th November at Ackland Burley School. Mixed teams of 3 or 4, U11, U13, U15. Full details are at http://www.finchleyfoil.co.uk/
    See you there
    Hazel

Initiate roadie will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Just 2 weeks left to enter the LPJS London Team event. This is the only LPJS team event left in the calendar. Great experience and great fun. It takes place on 28th November at Ackland Burley School. Mixed teams of 3 or 4, U11, U13, U15. Full details are at http://www.finchleyfoil.co.uk/
    See you there
    Hazel

not forgetting the wimbledon team epee comp - date and contact details on BF site

Sorry - should have said the only FOIL team event left on the LPJS calendar

Late Entries
    Although the entries for this competiton closed last week we have had 2 or 3 teams withdraw. If you would like to take part we have room for another 3 U11 teams, 1 U13 and 1 U15. Full details are at http://www.finchleyfoil.co.uk/ under events. Its good fun and good experience for the yougsters.

Hazel

Forum Rabbit BagCaddy is on a distinguished road

Default Sunday's Team Foil

Thank you to the organisers of this years team foil.
    Started on time, no long delays between rounds, seemed to be no shortage of refs (thank you to the volunteers).
    A good fun day out had by all.

Forum Rabbit fencer111 is on a distinguished road

Default Fight-off for places?

Hi there. Sorry if it's already been mentioned but do the losing teams fight off for places 5-8 etc? Or is it just a standard DE knockout format? Thanks

LPJS London Team Foil will take place on Sunday 18th November at Acland Burghley School, 93 Burghley Road, London, NW5 1UJ
    Full details and entry form are at http://www.finchleyfoil.co.uk/ and on the LPJS site.
    (There is no fight of for 5-8 place)
    Hope to see you there

Hazel

Initiate Jasmine P is on a distinguished road Jasmine P's Avatar

Tufnell Park tube station is closed again this weekend

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews...r/default.aspx

but a fair number of alternatives for transport I guess!

Senior Member Ronald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond reputeRonald Velden has a reputation beyond repute

If Barnet Section on Northern Line is closed on Sunday you have following options:

1. Car. There is a car park at ABS in Churchill Road + off street parking on Sunday.
    2. Train. Thameslink runs to Kentish Town. You can take a 134 Bus to Tufnell Park.
    3. Train Northern Line to Camden Town. You can take 134 Bus to Tufnell Park
    4. Train. North London Line runs to Gospel Oak. About 10 minutes walk from venue.
    5. Buses. 134 runs from North Finchley to Camden Town via Tufnell Park.
    Also C2 and 214 run to Highgate Road. Alight at William Ellis Stop. It is 5 minute walk to venue.

Please note that ABS Sports Centre entrance is located in Churchill Road behind School.

Default Results

My thanks to everyone who helped out on Sunday and especial thanks to the referees. I think it is the first time I have ever had a full complement of experienced referees and was even able to give them a break occasionally!

Under 11
    1 FINCHLEY FOILISTS
    2 NEWHAM SWORDS
    3 CAMDEN A
    4 FIGHTING FIT
    5 RLS
    6 LASZLOS
    7 ESCRIME ACADEMY
    8 CAMDEN B
    9 THE FENCING SCHOOL
    10 BRENTWOOD SCHOOL
    11 ST BENEDICTS