+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: National Fencing Academy, Brunel, West London, 17th April

Senior Member fencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant future fencingmaster's Avatar

Nudge...nudge... Applications for 4th November at Brunel are due now. Thanks.

Senior Member fencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant futurefencingmaster has a brilliant future fencingmaster's Avatar

Yesterday was the last regional training session at Brunel in its current form.

I would like to express my personal thanks and appreciation to the coaches who have contributed so much since we launched in April last year. Thank you to Anthony Turner, Jon Cree & the S&C team who have educated & shaped our young fencers enabling them to better prepare themselves physically. A big thank you to Pierre Harper, Pavel Rynes, Rob Partridge our original coaching trio, and to Steve Davey and Jamie Miller who came on board as the training sessions grew. Thank you also to the coaches who have been willing to step in when needed and be part of the teamů Peter Barrett, Paul Sibert, Phil Shepherd-Foster, Graham Stretton, Chris Schofield.

It has been a pleasure to see the fencers develop, not only improving their fencing but working together and supporting each other. Thank you to them and their supportive parents.

My thanks also to Alan Rapley as it was the structure put in place by him that provided the means for all the above to flourish and succeed.

Having earlier written to the CEO my resignation as Lead Coach at Brunel takes effect from today, and we will have to wait and see what will be provided under any new structure as and when implemented.

Member SAD has a spectacular aura aboutSAD has a spectacular aura aboutSAD has a spectacular aura about

Well done JES you headed up an excellent group of coaches and trainers, It is a shame to see such a shining example of how it could be done going to the wall.

I look forward to seeing if it can come back in one form or another.
    All the best
    SAD

Senior Member Keith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Jes, I have heard really positive comments about the Brunel training sessions.
    Really well done on what you have delivered.

Kian Ryan purple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond repute purple's Avatar

I'm hoping the formula the Academy moves to helps it to grow stronger. After the success at Brunel, I would question why tearing down a program that appears to be productive is a good idea.

I have received a number of enquiries regarding Regional Academy training at Brunel in January. Please be aware that the last Brunel Regional session was in November. There are no further regional sessions planned.

I would question why tearing down a program that appears to be productive is a good idea.
    Because responsibilities have been passed to individual EF regions.

Retired Jelly Baby Baldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond reputeBaldric has a reputation beyond repute

...and Rochelle is currently working with London and South East to try to get continuity with this.

In fairness to London, they have recently had a change of management, and we know about the sad passing of Roger, who was South East chair.

Rochelle also has all the other 8 regions to work with on this process.

Its most frustrating to have lost the momentum on the great progress made at Brunel, but we are doing our best to regain it.

I will report back as soon as I can.

Ray

Senior Member Keith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply Ray.

I constantly received very positive feedback about Brunel and other regional academy sessions. If EF are now running them, I hope thay can be up and running and funded asap. There was quite a bit of comment about this at the SE regional BYC last Sunday.

Its most frustrating to have lost the momentum on the great progress made at Brunel, but we are doing our best to regain it.
    It is important that the momentum of AASE does not suffer a similar fate; who is now responsible for it since BF lost the Development Manager, and have not renewed the Academy Manager or Skills Active contracts?

Hope this is being addressed by BFA. Both projects seem to have a great deal of merit and I know the regional academy sessions at Brunel and I am sure, in other placers, were very much appreciated by fencers and coaches.

Senior Member dtd is a jewel in the roughdtd is a jewel in the roughdtd is a jewel in the roughdtd is a jewel in the rough

BRITISH FENCING NATIONAL ACADEMY

Please note that the National Academy is no longer running. Please watch this space for the replacement talent development programme which will build on the lessons learned from the last few years of development.
    Shouldn't a replacement programme be ready to roll out before they stopped the National Academy? When was the announcement made - I know there have been rumblings about it but I never noticed anything official before now.

I can just see the tumbleweed blowing past on the wasteland that youth fencing is heading towards.

So where exactly are the 2024 Olympic hopefuls going to come from?
    demented taxi driver

Senior Member dtd is a jewel in the roughdtd is a jewel in the roughdtd is a jewel in the roughdtd is a jewel in the rough

As this thread relates to training sessions at Brunel, I've opened up a new thread on the demise of the National Academy.
    demented taxi driver

Member SAD has a spectacular aura aboutSAD has a spectacular aura aboutSAD has a spectacular aura about

amazing !/ now that there is nothing to complain about ,that`s wrong as well. British Fencing can never get it right it seems!!

+ Reply to Thread