+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breathing

Senior Member coach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the first example of the Forum successfully providing medical consultancy and assistance?

Initiate Metrum will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by coach carson View Post
    Is this the first example of the Forum successfully providing medical consultancy and assistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy fencer View Post
    Then my parents took me to a homeopathic doctor and I got well only within a few months. It never reappeared. I can't guarantee it works for everyone but it's worth a visit.
    I hope it isn't!

I had replied to this before but somehow it disappeared. So, once again, I didn't give any medical consultancy as I am not a doctor. I only made a suggestion for someone to consider alternative medicine and speak with a homeopathic doctor.

www.sassyfencer.blogspot.com
    may the force be with you

Forum Rabbit Ash5 is on a distinguished road

For me it sounds right to stop breathing for a second in a moment of high tense. But I'm not sure if it's healthy. Maybe you should relax more? But if it's a natural thing, even if you train it, you won't get rid of it.
    I think it's interesting that it even has a word: bracing. I didn't know that!

Forum Rabbit John222 is on a distinguished road

Yes, holding your breath will improve the accuracy and technique in your attack. But must sure that you take good inhaling during short intervals. Breathing provides oxygen to body cells and hence strengthen up the next attack.

Forum Rabbit Johnny12 is on a distinguished road

From a individual perspective i wouldn't fear about it, actually i would motivate it as it orthodontics your midesction, avoiding you from dropping position and having an 'energy leak' basically significance the power created by your feet successfully gets funneled to your breasts and knife tip!

Senior Member Harryscott has much to be proud ofHarryscott has much to be proud ofHarryscott has much to be proud ofHarryscott has much to be proud ofHarryscott has much to be proud ofHarryscott has much to be proud ofHarryscott has much to be proud ofHarryscott has much to be proud of Harryscott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny12 View Post
    From a individual perspective i wouldn't fear about it, actually i would motivate it as it orthodontics your midesction, avoiding you from dropping position and having an 'energy leak' basically significance the power created by your feet successfully gets funneled to your breasts and knife tip!
    Now, THAT has GOT to hurt

Forum Rabbit Devante is on a distinguished road

Having your breathing is a organic factor, its known as expecting. If someone was about to impact you in the abdomen you would do it to secure your important body parts as you have nothing but the various ab muscle tissue to secure them (unlike your body that have the ribs!) We also get sportsmen to do it during any work to secure the spine!

Forum Rabbit Rozzy is on a distinguished road

I really have to remember to breathe during fencing. By the end of a 15 hit bout the lactic acid really starts to build up and at the end of the fight I feel it. And its hard to discuss the fight at the end of the bout if you're out of breath!

Forum Rabbit Agentchow is on a distinguished road Agentchow's Avatar

Well, here in good ol' merica, when we go hunt or target practice, you are supposed to hold your breath before pulling the trigger. However, when I fence, I find that I have a rhythm in my breathing when I am pushing and pulling the opponent, and when I hit, I release everything, not just my breathing but my body and shoulders become more relaxed. I don't think it affects my fencing in any way.

Great question by the way!

+ Reply to Thread