+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keele University Fencing Open

Senior Member Peaseblossom has a spectacular aura aboutPeaseblossom has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone know if Keele will be running a competition in 2013 and if so whether there are any definite dates for it?

Many thanks.

Initiate Spatch is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
    Does anyone know if Keele will be running a competition in 2013 and if so whether there are any definite dates for it?

Many thanks.
    Hi there, I'm the Vice Captain at Keele University Fencing Club so I'll be organising the open this year, there will be an open however I'm having trouble getting the date set in stone as both of the large halls are booked out to Uni Sports Clubs every Sunday, I have a meeting on Monday to see if we can shuffle some of their training sessions around for one week allowing us to run the open so hopefully monday is when I can give all of you guys a definite date.
    It is looking quite likely that it will be run on the first weekend in march but as I say, this will be confirmed on Monday.

Cheers guys

Senior Member Peaseblossom has a spectacular aura aboutPeaseblossom has a spectacular aura about

Many thanks, that's really helpful.

Default Date finally set!

Hi guys, after a lot of dicking around trying to get a hall booked across a single weekend we finally have it done, The date is the the first weekend in March, that is the 2nd and 3rd. I'm painfully aware that just under two months is a very short amount of time to be accepting entries and so we will not be charging late entry until a matter of days before the event (Feb 26th to be precise).

Entry cost is 15 for one weapon, 25 for two and an additional 5 for late entry.

Entry form is soon to follow!

Cheers guys.

Senior Member max is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to all max's Avatar

Any update to this? Which events are on which day?
    A problem shared is one more person to laugh at you.

Senior Member ChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to behold ChrisL's Avatar

Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/events/466146216755662/

Say Saturday: MF, WE, WS
    Sunday: WF, ME, MS

Senior Member max is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to all max's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/events/466146216755662/

Say Saturday: MF, WE, WS
    Sunday: WF, ME, MS
    Thanks for that. It's a shame that ME clashes with the Vets Nat Champs.

I don't suppose you could put the competition form and info on the BF site? I'm wanting to point a few people in your direction and know that not everyone uses Facebook. Currently you have to log in to see the form.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Glad to see people have found their way to the facebook page. We have now sent details and forms to the BFA and so hopefully we will appear on the calendar very soon.
    I have to apologise for the clashes with Vets National events, whilst I did try to arrange a date with no clashes however we wound up being allocated a weekend that the AU found convenient.
    I'm do not currently have access to a computer (sending this from my phone) but I will post again tomorrow with additional useful information such as bus routes and directions to the sport centre.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any queries, you can do so on here or by using the email address and phone number on the entry form.

Cheers guys.

Senior Member Jacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura about Jacdaw's Avatar

its also the same day as the nottingham :/
    "It is not enough to succeed, others must fail." Foilist

Default Nottingham

Is Nottingham actually happening - don't see it on the BF Website?

Quote Originally Posted by Etoile Argent View Post
    Is Nottingham actually happening - don't see it on the BF Website?
    I don't think so as Harvey Hadden Sports Complex is being refurbished and no other suitable venue was found.

Initiate MKCap is on a distinguished road

Whilst the BF twiddle their thumbs, the entry form for the event can be downloaded from here for the benefit of those without Facebook. http://mkfencing.org.uk/images/keele2013.jpg

This was mainly done for our members but if anyone else wants to make use of it feel free.

Hi guys. A quick notice, we are very willing to consider group discounts for clubs entering multiple fencers, if you email the club or contact my self either on here or by phone (number is on the entry form) we will see if we can sort something out. There is no set discount, we will consider every group individually but the more fencers you want to enter the better the offer we may be able to make. Cheers guys.

Initiate Fox66 is on a distinguished road

Default Night Fencing

Looking at the entry form, it's interesting to note that both WS and MS check in at midnight.

Initiate MKCap is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Fox66 View Post
    Looking at the entry form, it's interesting to note that both WS and MS check in at midnight.
    Good time for sabreurs isn't it? Fear of daylight and all that

Anyway my entry is now in the post.

Forum Rabbit zygon is on a distinguished road

Default format

Hi,
    Please can you let me know the format of the comp. How many rounds of poules and does everyone get a DE?
    Thanks

Hi guys, just to let you all know, the competition along with all the details and entry form is now on the BFA calendar.

The format of the competition will be the same as last year. There will be two rounds of poules with all fencers proceeding to direct elimination rounds.

Senior Member itteacher has a spectacular aura aboutitteacher has a spectacular aura about

Default Entries so far

Do you have a list of entries so far?????

Senior Member Jacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura about Jacdaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itteacher View Post
    Do you have a list of entries so far?????
    Bump
    "It is not enough to succeed, others must fail." Foilist

+ Reply to Thread