+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welsh Open 2012

http://www.welshfencing.org/

just scroll down a bit

***** Legend hokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond repute hokers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Velden View Post
    Can anyone please advise where the Welsh Open Results are published?
    http://welshfencing.org/2011/index.p...=65&Itemid=399
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Senior Member Coupe du Nord is a jewel in the roughCoupe du Nord is a jewel in the roughCoupe du Nord is a jewel in the rough

On the Welsh Fencing website
    A journey of a thousand leagues starts with a single step

Senior Member Rids has a spectacular aura aboutRids has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jmayle View Post
    Hi, could you confirm the NIF for the WE please.
    Thanks
    June
    Sorry, June. I have no clue. I have sent the results over to the ranking co-ordinators, so they should be published in due course.

Unless someone else wants to calculate it, of course?

Senior Member jmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Rids View Post
    Sorry, June. I have no clue. I have sent the results over to the ranking co-ordinators, so they should be published in due course.

Unless someone else wants to calculate it, of course?
    Junior rankings say it is 69, seems quite low for the numbers and quality of fencers there but maybe with the few that didn't show it made the difference. I did have a quick look from your entries list (great sort feature by the way) and got it to around 90, wasn't sure what to do with the internationals, have just seen that Jon has the ARG lady as 2nd seeding with Georgina Usher as 3rd which was interesting.

Great competition, well organised and ran. We had no trouble with the car park, probably the only benefit from having a C1 !! it fits in most small spaces.

Will be back next year.
    Thanks
    June

Quote Originally Posted by jmayle View Post
    Hi, could you confirm the NIF for the WE please.
    Thanks
    June
    fencingarchive.net comes up with an estimate of 65. This is almost never completely accurate but usually in the right sort of area.

Matt

Initiate Fox66 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Are the rankings going into the DE posted anywhere?
    Or is it possible for someone to post them here?

Particularly interested in MS

Cheers!

Senior Member Not quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Fox66 View Post
    Hi

Are the rankings going into the DE posted anywhere?
    Or is it possible for someone to post them here?

Particularly interested in MS

Cheers!
    Just look at the Numbers next to peoples Names on the De Tableau...

Hi thanks for your reply!
    I was interested in the full details like the V/M, indicators, HS and HR etc.

Just trying to get my head around how placings are calculated after a fencer is eliminated from the DE

Rather than going throug all the pool results! I know the ranking were posted on the wall in the hall, just wondered if a copy was available anywhere

Senior Member BigPappaBear is a glorious beacon of lightBigPappaBear is a glorious beacon of lightBigPappaBear is a glorious beacon of lightBigPappaBear is a glorious beacon of lightBigPappaBear is a glorious beacon of lightBigPappaBear is a glorious beacon of light

Fox66 - you move up or down depending on the people around you and how far they get...

For instance if you are seeded 15th in an event with 16 fencers and take out the number 2 seed then you will gain the 2 slot for the rest of the competion. If you lose the next fight then you will be placed 8th overall assuming the number 16 lost their fight. If the number 16 beat hte number 1 seed and then got knocked out your seed would be 7. The person being knocked out by you (number 2 seed) will finish 9th or 10th depending on what happens to the number 1 seed.

Essentially those being knocked out of a round are downwards from the top, and those who manage to make the next round would come in at the bottom of the final results.

Hope that makes sense, brain not fully engaged...
    Risk a lot and wear glasses

Thanks for that, I will try and get my head around it!
    I was trying to work out what happened on Sunday, as I went into the DE ranked 64=, and got knocked out by the other 64= in the L128, and ended up 71 in the final rankings.
    I supposed it all depends on what happened elswhere in the L128?

Cheers
    Dave

Senior Member riposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone with a final rank of 65-70 will have finished better after the poules than you, but still lost in the 128.

Everyone below you did worse than you in the poules and lost in the same or earlier D.E. round.

All starting to make sense now, thanks chaps

Member Pere fleuret has a spectacular aura aboutPere fleuret has a spectacular aura aboutPere fleuret has a spectacular aura about

If you were 64th after the poules and finished 71st then it means that 6 or 7 fencers ranked below you after the poule beat fencers ranked higher than you. They would then go into the last 64 and the places 65-70 would be taken by the losing fencers originally ranked 1-64

Tom Brien uk_45 will become famous soon enoughuk_45 will become famous soon enough uk_45's Avatar

I have quickly worked out the NIF for all the events and they are as follows:

MF - 14*
    ME - 44
    MS - 73
    WF - 59
    WE - 70**
    WS - 60

* 1/4 entry (56/4), as NIF on ranking is 9
    ** Based on October rankings as November's still aren't out

Hope these are useful

Senior Member TomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond reputeTomA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by uk_45 View Post
    I have quickly worked out the NIF for all the events and they are as follows:

MF - 14*
    ME - 44
    MS - 73
    WF - 59
    WE - 70**
    WS - 60

* 1/4 entry (56/4), as NIF on ranking is 9
    ** Based on October rankings as November's still aren't out

Hope these are useful
    You calculate off September's rankings not October's, see here: http://britishfencing.com/uploads/fi...2013_final.pdf

Tom Brien uk_45 will become famous soon enoughuk_45 will become famous soon enough uk_45's Avatar

Sorry I should have been clearer, by 'quickly' I meant roughly as I just ran the post check-in reports through a bit of code. Will update for true NIF when I get a chance (although that might not be soon). I just wanted to give people rough levels. I doubt foil will move from the 1/4 entry though

Well here are the first of the 'correct' NIFs:

WF - 60
    MF - 14 (still 1/4 entry)
    ME - 40

and the rest
    WE - 61
    WS - 52
    MS - 77

I think these are all correct but as I have just done them from the rankings there is probably a small error either way

+ Reply to Thread