+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&W Open 8th & 9th December

Senior Member ChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to beholdChrisL is a splendid one to behold ChrisL's Avatar

TBH I'd like to do it but an 8:30 start for Men's foil is just ridiculously early. There aren't train connections from Birmingham (the change for most people) that can get there in time and no other real public transport so its car or nothing and at that time it would be a very early journey

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    TBH I'd like to do it but an 8:30 start for Men's foil is just ridiculously early. There aren't train connections from Birmingham (the change for most people) that can get there in time and no other real public transport so its car or nothing and at that time it would be a very early journey
    As mentioned in previous posts, if smaller events make the check in later they should attract more fencers, who either have to travel further or take public transport. Most comparable tournaments like The Bedford Open, Sussex Open and Invicta (talking as a southener) the check in closes 9:45am at the earliest, 10:00am with the Sussex open.

Chris Howser cesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond repute cesh_fencing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinoo View Post
    As mentioned in previous posts, if smaller events make the check in later they should attract more fencers, who either have to travel further or take public transport. Most comparable tournaments like The Bedford Open, Sussex Open and Invicta (talking as a southener) the check in closes 9:45am at the earliest, 10:00am with the Sussex open.
    We specifically have a later check-in at the Elite Epee mens events as then fencers can travel from all around the country on the day. Several scottish fencers do the event as a day-trip, flying down in the morning and flying back after the event in the evening.

This is so important to make attending fencing events possible for all.

In addition, many fencers have kids and would love to attend with those kids, however getting a family half-way accross the country for 8.30am is pretty much impossible.. Later check-ins mean that events are far more accessable for the whole fencing community.

Obviously organisers need to work out their schedules, but most fencers I know would prefer a slightly later finish time (as very few are still fencing at the end), rather than a start time that is very early.
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

Senior Member max is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to all max's Avatar

I agree about the early check in time. If my fellow Sheffield fencer had noticed that the venue had moved considerably further south he may not have entered but, as he had sent his entry off, I decided I would go along.
    A problem shared is one more person to laugh at you.

Default Directions to the MALVERN COLLEGE SPORTS COMPLEX venue

Please note that the Malvern College website has been changed. The new link is now http://www.malverncollege.org.uk/Adm...ting/Visiting/
    For maps scroll down the page. The sports hall is no. 15 on Map C: “Campus map” (View the map but it is a bother to print it unless you register with the site.) The other maps print OK. For early arrivals use Thirlstane Road entrance immediately on the right as you come uphill through the railway bridge. There is other parking in front of the main building off College Road and in the surrounding roads where they widen.

In addition to the Malvern College recommendations for accommodation there is a Premier Inn just of M5 Junction 9 at Tewkesbury, A Travelodge and Holiday Inn Express just off M5 Junction 5 at Droitwich and a Premier Inn by M5 Junction 6 (A4440 exit) at Worcester.
    When in a hole, stop digging.

Initiate chnortles is on a distinguished road

Hey quick bump

£30 entry fee closing date tomorrow 4th Dec

Thanks

Default Check your entry and ranking

Rankings have now been added to the entry lists. http://www.one4all.plus.com/hwo-entries.html
    Please report any changes or errors at check-in.
    Have a safe journey.

Senior Member Jacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura about Jacdaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one4all View Post
    Rankings have now been added to the entry lists. http://www.one4all.plus.com/hwo-entries.html
    Please report any changes or errors at check-in.
    Have a safe journey.
    might be my comp but looks like MF dont have rankings
    "It is not enough to succeed, others must fail." Foilist

Initiate kujinoin will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jacdaw View Post
    might be my comp but looks like MF dont have rankings
    They're definitely there - your browser may have cached an old copy of the page. Try clearing the cache and reloading the page. (Ctrl-F5 will do this in most browsers, on Windows.)

Senior Member Jacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura aboutJacdaw has a spectacular aura about Jacdaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kujinoin View Post
    They're definitely there - your browser may have cached an old copy of the page. Try clearing the cache and reloading the page. (Ctrl-F5 will do this in most browsers, on Windows.)
    And suddenly they appear, my bad :P
    "It is not enough to succeed, others must fail." Foilist

Initiate Paladin2019 is on a distinguished road

Any idea on the expected finishing time for this one (ME)? All this talk of early starts, I'm hoping for an early conclusion!

Senior Member jmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin2019 View Post
    Any idea on the expected finishing time for this one (ME)? All this talk of early starts, I'm hoping for an early conclusion!
    Thanks for a very well ran, efficient competition. As always a pleasure, result not as good as last season but met a lovely fencer who deserves this years H&R title (WE). Well done RMs best mate on the silver...

Bit further to drive, but hey, you were worth it

June & Rebecca

Chris Howser cesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond repute cesh_fencing's Avatar

Any results anywhere?

Default Results for first day ME WE & WS

Results page updated http://www.one4all.plus.com/hwo-results.html

MEN'S EPEE
    1 HARRIS James TEAM MELIA
    2 TAYLOR James CARDIFF
    3 FLATT Robert WELLINGTON SWORDS
    3 LEAHEY John APOCALYPSE
    5 STANBURY Jonathan GLASTONBURY
    6 TOWNSON Paul CADS
    7 ROWLAND Matt STOURPORT
    8 MOULTON Gavin STREATHAM
    out of 64

WOMEN'S EPEE
    1 LOMAS Megan U/A
    2 POWELL Elisabeth TEAM MELIA
    3 BIRD Florence BATH SWORDS
    3 BOTTOMS Lindsay MALVERN
    5 SPINLOVE Eryn SALLE URSA
    6 HULL Nicola MAIDSTONE
    7 MAYLE Rebecca MALVERN
    8 WAKEFIELD Rebecca MALVERN
    out of 30

WOMEN'S SABRE
    1 POTTER Emma STOURBRIDGE
    2 LOCKYER Caroline SKIPTON
    3 GOWER Natalie COTSWOLD
    3 WALLER Emma RIDINGS
    5 JOHNSON-KLINDT Leanne BATH SWORD
    6 DAVIES Harriet BATH SWORD
    7 SANGER Kevanne BANGOR UNI
    8 FRITH Vivien SALLE URSA
    out of 13

Quote Originally Posted by jmayle View Post
    Thanks for a very well ran, efficient competition. As always a pleasure, result not as good as last season but met a lovely fencer who deserves this years H&W title (WE).
    Good to see you back Megan. Well done.

Thanks

Default Sunday's results

Results now uploaded to http://www.one4all.plus.com/hwo-results.html

MEN'S FOIL
    1 ROBINSON Daniel HEREFORD
    2 CORLETT Thomas SALLE KISS
    3 ORCHART George SWANSEA U
    3 TURNER Martin BIRMINGHAM
    5 ROBINSON Alex HEREFORD
    6 PAUL Graham SALLE PAUL
    7 FARE Clyde SAXON
    8 JENNINGS Chris SALLE PAUL
    out of 40

WOMEN'S FOIL
    1 MASON Anita TEAM MELIA
    2 DROSSO Sophie SHETLAND FENCING
    3 MCDERMOTT Chiara CRAWLEY SWORD
    3 PEARCE Madison BATH SWORD CLUB
    5 SAYERS Zoe WFFC
    6 SCHOFIELD Katharine CHILWELL BLADES
    7 HALE Caron RAVEN
    8 CLAYTON Jane MALLARD
    out of 27

MEN'S SABRE
    1 RATNESWARAN Maiyuran IMPERIAL COLLEGE
    2 JONES Mathew SALLE URSA
    3 KINSELLA Dominic SALLE URSA
    3 PINTO David SALLE HUNT-ROEDER
    5 BURTON David WREKIN
    6 CZINKOTA Zsolt WELLINGTON SWORDS
    7 WIDE Daniel IPHOI
    8 BRENDA Christopher STRATFORD-UPON-AVON
    out of 30

Initiate Paladin2019 is on a distinguished road

Anyone at the event accidentally walk away with a mystery pillowcase filled with sweaty socks and baselayers? Because I need them back! Probably left in the men's dry changing area during/after the first ME eliminations in Saturday but the venue and organisers haven't seen anything...
    Last edited by Paladin2019; -10th December 2012 at 10:36.

Senior Member JohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond reputeJohnL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by one4all View Post
    Results now uploaded to http://www.one4all.plus.com/hwo-results.html

MEN'S FOIL
    1 ROBINSON Daniel HEREFORD
    2 CORLETT Thomas SALLE KISS
    3 ORCHART George SWANSEA U
    3 TURNER Martin BIRMINGHAM
    5 ROBINSON Alex HEREFORD
    6 PAUL Graham SALLE PAUL
    7 FARE Clyde SAXON
    8 JENNINGS Chris SALLE PAUL
    out of 40
    Kind of disappointed that the fencers at the competition allowed some old guy to make the L8 !!

I guess that new tracksuit with the, "British Fencing Board Member, beat at your peril !!" logo in large letters had the desired effect Graham!!
    JohnL

+ Reply to Thread