+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

I'm the father of a 10 year old boy who has just started fencing,he loves every second of it.Ignore the user name,his idea not mine.

Senior Member Harryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to behold Harryscott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 dad View Post
    I'm the father of a 10 year old boy who has just started fencing,he loves every second of it.Ignore the user name,his idea not mine.
    Welcome aboard. You should do it, as well! Saves sitting around waiting - and it's immense fun

Quote Originally Posted by Harryscott View Post
    Welcome aboard. You should do it, as well! Saves sitting around waiting - and it's immense fun
    I agree completely, watched from the sidelines for a year and then started myself 3 weeks ago and loving it. Advantage of waiting for a while for your youngster to get ahead of you is they have immense fun stabbing you and knowing more than you do. From a parents point of you gives an insight to what it is actually like for them fencing. There is now some chance of me making a useful/constructive comment when my children are competing. Other advantage is that my daughter was a bit timid/ lacking commitment when fighting tall fencers - having her mother as target practice has completely cured the problem!

Senior Member Miacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, it's great when they are little to give them that added confidence. They get better quicker and now I don't fence my dauyghters unless I have to - them beating me 15-5 (if I'm lucky!) is all I need! They don't listen to what you say when they fence in competitions either, whether you fence or not, so now I just let them get on with it and listen to what they say

Thank you for the replies,my days of sport are over mainly due to an arthritic knee.It's good to see my son learn a new sport and enjoy it so much,if he's happy,I'm happy.

Senior Member Danum has a spectacular aura aboutDanum has a spectacular aura aboutDanum has a spectacular aura about

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 dad View Post
    Thank you for the replies,my days of sport are over mainly due to an arthritic knee.It's good to see my son learn a new sport and enjoy it so much,if he's happy,I'm happy.
    If you think an athritic knee will stop you fencing come along to the veterans competition this weekend!

Senior Member Miacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of lightMiacat is a glorious beacon of light

Too right! I started after my daughters had been fencing 10 years, will never be able to catch them and my knee often goes in completely the wrong direction to what it should! No sympathy from them when you hobble off the piste, just "tips" on what you should have done! But what the heck??? Enjoy yourself....

Initiate CornishEpeeist will become famous soon enoughCornishEpeeist will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Miacat View Post
    Too right! I started after my daughters had been fencing 10 years
    My mother decided she'd have ago (for one week 8 years ago)... But then came to the conclusion that allowing her preteen daughter to hit her with a sword was not the best of idea's...
    Wine?

Quote Originally Posted by CornishEpeeist View Post
    My mother decided she'd have ago (for one week 8 years ago)... But then came to the conclusion that allowing her preteen daughter to hit her with a sword was not the best of idea's...
    At least I kept it up, have competed in Veteran competitions over here in France and in the Championships, now this year decided to "slow down a bit" and switched to epee! Now my problem is not keeping my distance, my bruises look quite impressive, and I can put some touches on my girls now - not a lot, but feel better when I do!

+ Reply to Thread