+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evolution handle tutorial video now on line

fixing broken stuff! wingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud of wingnutLP's Avatar

Question Evolution handle tutorial video now on line

Sugru have just finished of a tutorial with some extra information on customising your handle that helps supplement the instructions that come in the box.

http://youtu.be/ZgGhsq3V7lg

I would be pleased to get feedback from anyone who has bought the product so far.

Alex

Kian Ryan purple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant future purple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutLP View Post
    Sugru have just finished of a tutorial with some extra information on customising your handle that helps supplement the instructions that come in the box.

http://youtu.be/ZgGhsq3V7lg

I would be pleased to get feedback from anyone who has bought the product so far.

Alex
    Whilst I appreciate that the handle is different to the normal handle, what's the change to the Sugru from normal Sugru? I have a stash of Sugru and fancied messing around with one of my existing epee handles before grabbing an Evolution handle.

Kian Ryan purple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant futurepurple has a brilliant future purple's Avatar

Ah, just realised it's softener. I'm guessing standard Sugru was a little too hard (which is odd - considering the stuff has a bit of flex when dry).

fixing broken stuff! wingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud ofwingnutLP has much to be proud of wingnutLP's Avatar

It was actually a combination of hardness and the slightly greasy feel that standard sugru has.

It is hard to explain but normal sugru although it works ok seems to dry with a kind of sheen on it which makes your glove slip about. The softener makes it set with a bit more give but also means that the surface seems kind of porus and a bit sticky a bit like a silicone mobile phone cover.

The softener is an addative that you can adjust the ratio of to make the set sugru extra soft or not much softer than normal sugru.

It is interesting because the name evolution really did grow out of the process. Some people seem to be happy with their first attempt but the tinkerers among the fencing community seem to like to adjust and evolve the handle over time.

Senior Member miraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud ofmiraberis has much to be proud of

Good video. I also like the bits from James Davis and Bas Verwijlen about their handles now on your website. More of this, please!

Obviously you can buy more Sugru from Sugru, but their website doesn't have the softener on there. Will we be able to buy that separately?

It was actually a combination of hardness and the slightly greasy feel that standard sugru has.

It is hard to explain but normal sugru although it works ok seems to dry with a kind of sheen on it which makes your glove slip about. The softener makes it set with a bit more give but also means that the surface seems kind of porus and a bit sticky a bit like a silicone mobile phone cover.
    Oddly, I can think of uses for that additive *outside* of the grip. I'll keep an eye on Sugru and see if they release it separately. Don't worry, you're still my drug pushers, but the geek community in general tends to buy Sugru on a per-truck basis.

The softener is an addative that you can adjust the ratio of to make the set sugru extra soft or not much softer than normal sugru.

It is interesting because the name evolution really did grow out of the process. Some people seem to be happy with their first attempt but the tinkerers among the fencing community seem to like to adjust and evolve the handle over time.
    I'd sort of expect that. You're not going to get it spot on first time, and it's exactly the kind of tinkering where you *can* get feedback and adjust the design.

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by miraberis View Post
    Good video. I also like the bits from James Davis and Bas Verwijlen about their handles now on your website. More of this, please!

Obviously you can buy more Sugru from Sugru, but their website doesn't have the softener on there. Will we be able to buy that separately?
    We will be selling softener to people who have purchased a handle already on the LP sites in Jan.

+ Reply to Thread