+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where are all the LPJS Competitions?

Initiate Garuph has a spectacular aura aboutGaruph has a spectacular aura about

Default Where are all the LPJS Competitions?

There seems to be a lot less LPJS competitions showing up than usual at time of this year. Any news?
    Gruph

Once more into the Breeches Dear friends.

Senior Member ED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond repute
    Edward Peck

Initiate Garuph has a spectacular aura aboutGaruph has a spectacular aura about

Yes thanks.
    I should have said where are all the foil ones. The Sherwood is not showing at all and the Ashton is showing as only epee. Both of these are normally January or February time. Durham is usually about March which is also not showing. i have looked on both the LPJS site and the British Fencing Events calender.
    Gruph

Once more into the Breeches Dear friends.

Senior Member Nick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud ofNick E has much to be proud of

Having spoken with Nicholas Murphy on Saturday at Cambridge I believe that Durham and Cornwall might have had a dates clash which was being resolved. Not heard re the others, but wasn't there some sort of challenge at Ashton, and suggestions about a single weapon solution??? No idea about Sherwood, but that worked well as quite a big foil comp last year. The other date I expected to see by now was Warwick Épée. All looking very thin in the lead up to Easter. Thank goodness for an extra Elite Épée comp this year.

Initiate Jasmine P is on a distinguished road Jasmine P's Avatar

We would like to get our plans sorted and Premier Inn's booked!

The Eton Foil was on the British Fencing events calendar but is not shown there any longer. I think that the Sherwood Foil and Durham foil have dates on their club's websites but not elsewhere last time I looked. Will there be a Cardiff event this year?

Answered one of my own questions:

http://www.etonlpjs.org/

Senior Member bafco is a glorious beacon of lightbafco is a glorious beacon of lightbafco is a glorious beacon of lightbafco is a glorious beacon of lightbafco is a glorious beacon of light bafco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick E View Post
    Not heard re the others, but wasn't there some sort of challenge at Ashton, and suggestions about a single weapon solution???
    Both Manchester Fencing Club and Salle Kiss have offered to run LPJS tournaments in the NW.
    If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

Senior Member foilerist has a spectacular aura aboutfoilerist has a spectacular aura aboutfoilerist has a spectacular aura about foilerist's Avatar

Liverpool have also offered to run one in the past. Not sure who's behind all the comps organisation/calendar but I would imagine to implement it across the country could be demanding as you would assume whoever it is is also a fencer and would probably be involved with the senior circuit.
    Keith McCarthy, following Munkeys revolution re. anonymity

Mavis Thornton pinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond repute pinkelephant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foilerist View Post
    Liverpool have also offered to run one in the past. Not sure who's behind all the comps organisation/calendar but I would imagine to implement it across the country could be demanding as you would assume whoever it is is also a fencer and would probably be involved with the senior circuit.
    Nick Murphy coordinates the LPJS calendar, but individual organisers say which dates they want.
    Advocate extraordinaire to Beelzebub.

Malling MX Sabre Leon Paul, 14th July 2013.
    Meg & Phil S-F (but usually Meg)

www.mxfencing.org.uk / www.elitesabrecoaching.co.uk

Initiate LynR is on a distinguished road

Welsh Fencing will be making a decision soon as to whether or not to hold an LPJS this year.

I hope they do it was a good competition last year

There have been a couple of delays from organisers who have given me dates but not supplied entry details. The entry forms for the Ashton Foil and Cornwall LPJS competitions are now up on the LPJS website. Apart from the MX Sabre which Meg has mentioned the only dates which I've been notified of so far are the Durham LPJS on the 13th/14th April and Canterbury Epee on 10th March

Senior Member Peaseblossom has a spectacular aura aboutPeaseblossom has a spectacular aura about

Is there any news of Sherwood LPJS which Nottingham City Fencing Club mention on their website with a date of Sat 16th Feb 2013 and a link to the LPJS website (but not to a form)? I tried contacting Nottingham to find out more but had no reply. If it's happening, it's only five weeks away.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
    Is there any news of Sherwood LPJS which Nottingham City Fencing Club mention on their website with a date of Sat 16th Feb 2013 and a link to the LPJS website (but not to a form)? I tried contacting Nottingham to find out more but had no reply. If it's happening, it's only five weeks away.

Many thanks.
    I guess that is a "no" then?

Forum Rabbit COYI is on a distinguished road

Default Where are all the LPJS Competitions?

Jasmine,

Finchley Foils is trying to fill the gap left by the cancelled Eton Foil event. We are going for 17th March and it will include the U9, 11 and 13 categories only. This is due to limited hall availability and timing issues. We only decided to go for it last week, so apologies for a lack of detail at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by COYI View Post
    Jasmine,

Finchley Foils is trying to fill the gap left by the cancelled Eton Foil event. We are going for 17th March and it will include the U9, 11 and 13 categories only. This is due to limited hall availability and timing issues. We only decided to go for it last week, so apologies for a lack of detail at the moment!
    Brilliant - will look forward to it!

Default Sherwood LPJS

Is there any news on the Sherwood LPJS?

+ Reply to Thread