+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best way to make a practice target?

Senior Member Harryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to behold Harryscott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider5 View Post
    I assume Honey Badger meant the pull string ones you get in bathrooms with the small plastic toggle on the end. Be sure to buy a few spare toggles as once you get good at it they can split.
    Ohhhhhhhh, yes. Sorry

Member Honeybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the rough Honeybadger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider5 View Post
    I assume Honey Badger meant the pull string ones you get in bathrooms with the small plastic toggle on the end. Be sure to buy a few spare toggles as once you get good at it they can split.
    Nope, i meant the usual kind. Call it extra incentive - get your distance right or you're toast.
    Épée-n in the leg.

Senior Member Harryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to behold Harryscott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
    Nope, i meant the usual kind. Call it extra incentive - get your distance right or you're toast.
    You could, of course, extend this priniciple to the piste: both connect your wires to the mains so you get a 240volt shock if your parry doesn't work.

Member manicguitarist has a spectacular aura aboutmanicguitarist has a spectacular aura about manicguitarist's Avatar

I use a piece of leather with a cushion behind it...or, failing that a leather jacket with a pillow stuffed inside hanging from the wall...

Initiate AELLA has much to be proud ofAELLA has much to be proud ofAELLA has much to be proud ofAELLA has much to be proud ofAELLA has much to be proud ofAELLA has much to be proud ofAELLA has much to be proud ofAELLA has much to be proud of

Definitely an insight into the lives of fencers, not sure I wanted to have that insight!

Member ChrisHeaps is just really niceChrisHeaps is just really niceChrisHeaps is just really niceChrisHeaps is just really niceChrisHeaps is just really nice ChrisHeaps's Avatar

I built a freestanding one from 2x2 screwed together with the torso covered in carpet. Next it needs an arm.

After that I'm going to add a couple of stair carpet pressure pads from Maplin connected to a Raspberry Pi via a Pi Face with some leds to indicate which pad to hit and a score readout. Should cost 60 quid or so.

Initiate MKCap is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    I built a freestanding one from 2x2 screwed together with the torso covered in carpet. Next it needs an arm.

After that I'm going to add a couple of stair carpet pressure pads from Maplin connected to a Raspberry Pi via a Pi Face with some leds to indicate which pad to hit and a score readout. Should cost 60 quid or so.

A Pi may be overkill, you could just go for an Arduino board.

Member manicguitarist has a spectacular aura aboutmanicguitarist has a spectacular aura about manicguitarist's Avatar

My kind of nerd.

Outstanding. Can we see a picture when you finish it?

+ Reply to Thread