Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best way to make a practice target?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider5 View Post
    I assume Honey Badger meant the pull string ones you get in bathrooms with the small plastic toggle on the end. Be sure to buy a few spare toggles as once you get good at it they can split.
    Ohhhhhhhh, yes. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Spider5 View Post
    I assume Honey Badger meant the pull string ones you get in bathrooms with the small plastic toggle on the end. Be sure to buy a few spare toggles as once you get good at it they can split.
    Nope, i meant the usual kind. Call it extra incentive - get your distance right or you're toast.
    Épée-n in the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
    Nope, i meant the usual kind. Call it extra incentive - get your distance right or you're toast.
    You could, of course, extend this priniciple to the piste: both connect your wires to the mains so you get a 240volt shock if your parry doesn't work.

I use a piece of leather with a cushion behind it...or, failing that a leather jacket with a pillow stuffed inside hanging from the wall...

Definitely an insight into the lives of fencers, not sure I wanted to have that insight!

I built a freestanding one from 2x2 screwed together with the torso covered in carpet. Next it needs an arm.

After that I'm going to add a couple of stair carpet pressure pads from Maplin connected to a Raspberry Pi via a Pi Face with some leds to indicate which pad to hit and a score readout. Should cost 60 quid or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    I built a freestanding one from 2x2 screwed together with the torso covered in carpet. Next it needs an arm.

After that I'm going to add a couple of stair carpet pressure pads from Maplin connected to a Raspberry Pi via a Pi Face with some leds to indicate which pad to hit and a score readout. Should cost 60 quid or so.

A Pi may be overkill, you could just go for an Arduino board.

My kind of nerd.

Outstanding. Can we see a picture when you finish it?