+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slough Open 2013 (Feb 2nd/3rd)

Initiate Got the DTs is on a distinguished road

Default Slough Open 2013 (Feb 2nd/3rd)

Just a quick reminder that entries are being accepted for the Slough Open 2013.

https://www.fencingcompetitionentrie...rrent-entries/

Places are steadily filling up so if you are planning to attend than get your entry in prior to the 25th January to avoid the late entry fee.

Full details of the competition and all entries received to date can be found on our website

http://www.sloughopen.org/sloughop/

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Initiate MKCap is on a distinguished road

Planning to be there.

Forum Rabbit Dashie is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to this one!

Initiate MKCap is on a distinguished road

Entered today, looking forward to it

Initiate Abbytailz will become famous soon enoughAbbytailz will become famous soon enough

anybody going from kent?

apparently there are no trains for the sunday?!?

Senior Member Not quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to beholdNot quite a Vet is a splendid one to behold

Been down with daughter the last two years, great hall for the onlookers, and well run Comp.

We were considering traveling down again this year but I'm slightly concerned with the poor WF entries this year, is everyone putting entering off to see what the weather is doing?

Hope numbers increase as the Slough was one of the big 6 Comps last Season.

I entered last weekend via the web site and I'm not on there yet, so there maybe a few names to go on yet.

Default Slough Open: Updated Entry Lists

Entry lists for entries received up to 6 pm today are now on the website

http://www.sloughopen.org/sloughop/?page_id=17

Default Updated Entry List

Just a reminder that if you plan on using the British Fencing Online Entry system to book a place at the Slough Open, then tomorrow (Friday) is your last chance to do so. The site will stop taking entries at midnight on Friday 25th January.

https://www.fencingcompetitionentrie...rrent-entries/

From Saturday 26th January, a late entry fee will apply, and entries will be accepted (by email or post) in order of receipt up to the entry limit for each event.

Updated entry lists can be found on our website.

http://www.sloughopen.org/sloughop/

If you entered via the British Fencing Website and your club name is wrong or missing then please email me the correct details (sloughopen@uk2.net).

For all those who have entered and made it to the bottom of this rather admin heavy posting, I am pleased to say that this year we will have 16 carpet pistes on the Saturday and a full hall of carpet pistes on the Sunday for the epee. We also have a Leon Paul stand (for which you can place orders in advance), armourers and a great team of referees!

Look forward to seeing you next weekend.

Initiate Mapk is on a distinguished road

Default Rankings for Slough

Will the ME seeding be taken from the February rankings? Sometimes they don't get published on the first of the month.

Chris Howser cesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond repute cesh_fencing's Avatar

I got hold of the NI Open results from last weekend and have sent them on to the chap who does the ME rankings, who last weekend said he would do his best to get them out for Slough.
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

Initiate Mapk is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
    M

Chris Howser cesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond reputecesh_fencing has a reputation beyond repute cesh_fencing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mapk View Post
    Will the ME seeding be taken from the February rankings? Sometimes they don't get published on the first of the month.
    I have sent the updated ME rankings to the organisers (they are with BF as well), which Steve was kind enough to speed through so they were available for this weekend..

Senior Member ED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond repute

Default Please tell us what you think of this competition!

The British Fencing Parents Group have been asked by the organisers of Slough Open to carry out a survey of all participants in Elite Epee Junior Series. The purpose of the survey is to give fencers, parents, coaches, and in fact all attendees of the competition the opportunity to provide feedback to the competition organisers which they will use to improve future competitions.

The competition will also be entered into the Good Competition Awards for 2012/13

The survey can be found on the Parents Group website, or by clicking on this link

http://www.bfparentsgroup.co.uk/inde...rce&survey=126

The results will be published on the parents group website, and sent to the organisers shortly afterwards.

If you have any problems accessing the questionnaire then email edwardpeck at sky dot com.

I would like to add that the organisers have asked us to produce this survey, but have neither tried to control the questions, nor restrict the distribution of the results. I think this straightforward approach to trying to do what they do better, and being totally open about the praise and perhaps criticisms they receive is great news for fencing in the UK.

Finally may I reassure you that this questionnaire is entirely confidential

http://www.bfparentsgroup.co.uk/inde...rce&survey=126

postscript: The results so far (I will update in the next few days) are here: http://www.bfparentsgroup.co.uk/index.php/en/our-work

I have Miller Hallet to add to the list which is definitely in the running...
    Edward Peck

Quote Originally Posted by ED_R View Post
    The British Fencing Parents Group have been asked by the organisers of Slough Open to carry out a survey of all participants in Elite Epee Junior Series.
    Think a typo has occurred here..

Probably should be - The British Fencing Parents Group have been asked by the organisers of Slough Open to carry out a survey of all participants in the Slough Open..

Quote Originally Posted by cesh_fencing View Post
    I have sent the updated ME rankings to the organisers (they are with BF as well), which Steve was kind enough to speed through so they were available for this weekend..
    I have been emailed back by the organisers who have said that they had previously advertised that they would use January rankings for seedings, so would be doing so?

I had not seen this stated anywhere, however it is their call as organisers I guess! Certainly makes doing the seedings easier if they had since January to put the seedings on entries as they came in rather than putting them on over the next couple of days..

Senior Member ED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond reputeED_R has a reputation beyond repute

Think a typo has occurred here..

Probably should be - The British Fencing Parents Group have been asked by the organisers of Slough Open to carry out a survey of all participants in the Slough Open..
    Funny. But oops.
    Edward Peck

Quote Originally Posted by ED_R View Post
    Funny. But oops.
    to true -

I had not seen this stated anywhere.
    Just re-read email to entries yesterday which said they were using Jan rankings..

Shame, but they are being consistant across all weapons..

Initiate Osprey17 will become famous soon enough

Just re-read email to entries yesterday which said they were using Jan rankings..

Shame, but they are being consistant across all weapons..
    There's a mistake on the Feb ME rankings anyway, the Scottish Open was given minimum NIF on them when it shouldn't have been.

+ Reply to Thread