+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beazley Trophy 2013

Initiate Mini has a spectacular aura aboutMini has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by plenty View Post
    Dear mini,
    Good point.

Reading this post ( johnL is correct, and k.smith indicates we could have fielded 26 ! ) it seems to me that perhaps someone in head office; Saw it was twenty, limited it to our top twenty ranked, and didn't think about the composition of the ws group and their exams.
    ???
    There is at least one fencer that has entered and is not in the top 20 of the rankings though. Perhaps, most people who weren't in the top 20 didn't know they could ask the be entered? There was a lack of communication between BF and the women sabreurs since I remember when they used to email all the fencers but this year I know those that I have spoken to didn't recieve an email. And most of the young fencers who may have done it and din't have exams possibly just didn't know much about the event since they don't keep up to date with the senior circuit?

***** Legend hokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond repute hokers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    There is at least one fencer that has entered and is not in the top 20 of the rankings though. Perhaps, most people who weren't in the top 20 didn't know they could ask the be entered? There was a lack of communication between BF and the women sabreurs since I remember when they used to email all the fencers but this year I know those that I have spoken to didn't recieve an email. And most of the young fencers who may have done it and din't have exams possibly just didn't know much about the event since they don't keep up to date with the senior circuit?
    They're all in the top 20 of the December senior rankings, as was the requirement.

Can someone who is going give me an idea of total cost, official hotel is pretty expensive at £135/night when you need at least 2 nights and 3 if you want to watch the team event?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Forum Rabbit MGuarino is on a distinguished road

Default clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Perhaps, most people who weren't in the top 20 didn't know they could ask the be entered? There was a lack of communication between BF and the women sabreurs since I remember when they used to email all the fencers but this year I know those that I have spoken to didn't recieve an email. And most of the young fencers who may have done it and didn't have exams possibly just didn't know much about the event since they don't keep up to date with the senior circuit?
    Whilst I don't want to add fuel to the fire I will clarify the point that as someone just outside the top 20 in December (22), and 20th as of Jan 1st I asked if it would be possible to attend if the 20 places were not filled for experience and to improve my fencing. However, this was declined by the PD in kind, polite and prompt response. The new selection criteria leaves it to the performance teams discretion to fill places and that is their choice. I do think it's a shame that the places were not at least filled by Juniors/Cadets even if I wasn't deemed a good enough candidate.

Good luck to all those competing!!!

Initiate Mini has a spectacular aura aboutMini has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=MGuarino;277210]Whilst I don't want to add fuel to the fire I will clarify the point that as someone just outside the top 20 in December (22), and 20th as of Jan 1st I asked if it would be possible to attend if the 20 places were not filled for experience and to improve my fencing. However, this was declined by the PD in kind, polite and prompt response. The new selection criteria leaves it to the performance teams discretion to fill places and that is their choice. I do think it's a shame that the places were not at least filled by Juniors/Cadets even if I wasn't deemed a good enough candidate.
    QUOTE]

I didn't realise it was off the December rankings not January and that doesn't seem fair. It isn't as if the senior rankings are so widespread and there were only roughly 177 points between yourself and 20th place. The rankings don't really accurately show who are the best fencers since the points are so close in many cases.

That was the date announced by the selection committee, they need to have a cut off date, so I don't think it is unfair that, that was the line taken. Just a shame the spots weren't filled.

***** Legend hokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond reputehokers has a reputation beyond repute hokers's Avatar

Poules in the first wave finished now.

Results on Orphardt not correct while the poules are incomplete, which is not helpful.

Dixon 424140 ind -10
    Roberts 0V222V ind -4
    Hutchison (snr) 123021 ind -21
    McMillan DDDDDD but not sure about indicators
    Pleasant V331V0 ind -10

The commentators do not know much about sabre it would appear.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Quote Originally Posted by hokers View Post
    McMillan 220120 ind -23 updated
    Second wave now starting.

Is there a live feed somewhere Hokers? I've been following it on fencingworldwide.com, or are you actually there?
    Meg & Phil S-F (but usually Meg)

www.mxfencing.org.uk / www.elitesabrecoaching.co.uk

And the results from the other half of the first wave:

Kempe 0V4VVV +6
    Fairhead VV3201 -8
    Hutchison (jr) VV34VV +6
    Watson V43124 -7

Meg:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FIEvide...?v=3839ios6-hc

Senior Member riposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond reputeriposteinprime has a reputation beyond repute

The commentary is right up there with the Olympics.

No propaganda this time at least, but sabre clearly isn't their strongest commentary weapon.

Robinson V3131 -11
    Potter 11211 -19

Last one

Williams 3VVV3 +6

Senior Member Keith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Is it Karim and David King commentating this time or another team of commentators?

When does the pre tableau start?

How many are through the pools and into the DE out of our 12 fencers?

Keith

Roberts 0V222V ind -4 94th vs GARDOS (HUN) (99)
    Pleasant V331V0 ind -10 108th vs MARTIN-PORTUGUES (ESP) (85)
    Williams 3VVV3 +6 63rd bye to L96
    Kempe 0V4VVV +6 55th bye to L96
    Fairhead VV3201 -8 105th vs JAMMES (FRA) (88)
    Hutchison (jr) VV34VV +6 54th bye to L96

Cut
    Potter 11211 -19 130th
    Hutchison (snr) 123021 ind -21 131st
    McMillan 220120 ind -23 133rd
    Watson V43124 -7 118th
    Robinson V3131 -11 115th
    Dixon 424140 ind -10 125th

Senior Member Keith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to our remaining 6 fencers.

Please keep the results coming.

We have 3 qualified for the 64 in MF in Paris.

Keith

Can anyone get the live feed working, I've just got a blank screen when I use the link

Mike, try this:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FIEvide...?v=BURVIo1eQaY
    I had to select it manually from the main FIEVideo page.

Fairhead def Jammes 15-13 to advance to L96
    Roberts def Gardos 15-12 to advance to L96
    Pleasant loses 7-15

L96
    Hutchison vs Boudad (FRA 75)
    Kempe vs Bilgin (TUR 74)
    Williams vs Gonzales (Mex 66)
    Fairhead vs Palu (FRA 41)
    Roberts vs Mormile (ITA 35)

Any news on results?

Default L64

Jo jo through to L64 (vs LEMBACH Charlotte) 10:00
    Kemp through to L64 (vs NAVARRO Araceli) 10:45
    Williams Through to L64 (vs STOLTZ Marion) 10:30

Fairhead out 11-15
    Roberts out 9-15

Good luck to everyone fencing tomorrow!

Good luck. 3 in Paris 64, 3 in Guildford and Greg Allen in Legnano.

Good luck to everyone.

+ Reply to Thread