+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to Dance - the Shoes. Warning bad fencing etiquette.

Member monobrow will become famous soon enough monobrow's Avatar

Default Time to Dance - the Shoes. Warning bad fencing etiquette.

The Shoes - Time to Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt9wnawn7xQ&sns=em

A few criticisms of fencing technique

- not bending of legs whilst in en guard position
    - raising point to an opponent not wearing a mask
    - back arm covering target
    - too close to opponent when attempting a lunge.

(Warning! quite graphic.)

Senior Member Harryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to behold Harryscott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monobrow View Post
    The Shoes - Time to Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt9wnawn7xQ&sns=em

A few criticisms of fencing technique

- not bending of legs whilst in en guard position
    - raising point to an opponent not wearing a mask
    - back arm covering target
    - too close to opponent when attempting a lunge.

(Warning! quite graphic.)
    Yup. Grotesque. This needs an 18 certificate warning, I think

Member Honeybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the rough Honeybadger's Avatar

Not wearing a proper jacket during fencing, just a shirt
    Slashing with an epee
    Right arm not fully extended when attacking

Also, why would you buy a murder weapon from leon paul? They cost a fair deal, and you're just going to have to destroy it anyway. Surely sword price fighters would be a better option?
    Épée-n in the leg.

Moderator Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute Gav's Avatar

Yeah, I've seen this before.

My other grumble would be that the actual track is boring and a bit rubbish.

Anyway, off to idle Chit Chat with yer.
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.

It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

Member n_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of light n_freebody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
    Not wearing a proper jacket during fencing, just a shirt
    Slashing with an epee
    Right arm not fully extended when attacking

Also, why would you buy a murder weapon from leon paul? They cost a fair deal, and you're just going to have to destroy it anyway. Surely sword price fighters would be a better option?
    It's a foil if I'm not mistaken.

(sorry for being pedantic)

Member Honeybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the rough Honeybadger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n_freebody View Post
    It's a foil if I'm not mistaken.

(sorry for being pedantic)
    Ach, you're right. I was going with the brief close up at 1:09, which is obviously a foil now that i look at it again. But, see, now the clip makes even less sense because he's also completely off target.
    Épée-n in the leg.

Member n_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of lightn_freebody is a glorious beacon of light n_freebody's Avatar

Ach, you're right. I was going with the brief close up at 1:09, which is obviously a foil now that i look at it again. But, see, now the clip makes even less sense because he's also completely off target.
    Oh well Jake Gyllenhaal is allowed to be offtarget

Quote Originally Posted by n_freebody View Post
    Oh well Jake Gyllenhaal is allowed to be offtarget
    If this forum has taught me one thing its that nobody, not even Cyrano de Bergerac, is exempt from judgement when it comes to the three great R's: Rules, Regulations and Ranting...
    Épée-n in the leg.

Senior Member Harryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to beholdHarryscott is a splendid one to behold Harryscott's Avatar

If this forum has taught me one thing its that nobody, not even Cyrano de Bergerac, is exempt from judgement when it comes to the three great R's: Rules, Regulations and Ranting...
    I made it my New Year's resolution to get rid of the great Rs. And I'm working on the belly, too

+ Reply to Thread