+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vets European Championships 2013

Senior Member max is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to all max's Avatar

Default Vets European Championships 2013

After a really good time at the Age Groups I thought I'd dip my toe further into Veteran events and I'm considering going to Terni for this.

Is there anyone else going and can we use this thread to share advice on all things related?
    A problem shared is one more person to laugh at you.

Forum Rabbit altrove is on a distinguished road

If you need informations or generic help for coming to Italy drop me a line.
    I'm an Italian veteran fencer, and I will partecipate at the European Championship in Terni

Best regards !

A.

Senior Member max is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to allmax is a name known to all max's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altrove View Post
    If you need informations or generic help for coming to Italy drop me a line.
    I'm an Italian veteran fencer, and I will partecipate at the European Championship in Terni

Best regards !

A.
    Thanks very much for a speedy response. I may take you up on that offer when we get closer to the day.

Senior Member J_D is a splendid one to beholdJ_D is a splendid one to beholdJ_D is a splendid one to beholdJ_D is a splendid one to beholdJ_D is a splendid one to beholdJ_D is a splendid one to beholdJ_D is a splendid one to behold J_D's Avatar

I might well be going too
    Only anarchists are trustworthy

I've got all the info through now, is anyone thinking of flying from any of: East Midlands, Manchester or Leeds Bradford airports?

Senior Member Keith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond repute

6 medals won already. Well done.

Is there somewhere we can see the results?

Quote Originally Posted by RIchardn View Post
    Is there somewhere we can see the results?
    Should be here but it shows the page as under construction

http://www.europei.circoloschermater...ontent/results

Initiate SMJ will become famous soon enough

The results are there if you look at the Italian language version.

Initiate M'son will become famous soon enough

Default internet problems

Apparently someone has nicked the internet antennae at the sports hall hence the lack of tweets and internet information. Have no idea if they will get it up an running

Senior Member Keith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond reputeKeith.A.Smith has a reputation beyond repute

8 medals won so far. Keep them coming.

Senior Member Barry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud ofBarry Paul has much to be proud of Barry Paul's Avatar

can somebody tell me what medals we have won?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Paul View Post
    can somebody tell me what medals we have won?
    Cat 4 WF:
    Janet Cooksey (Silver)

Cat 2 WS:
    Jane Hutchinson (Bronze)

Cat 3 WS:
    Vivien Frith (Silver)
    Lynne Bornemisza (Bronze)
    Yvonne Walls (Bronze)

Cat 4 ME:
    Christopher Green (Bronze)

I can only find these 6 medals (probably me being tired so I apologise if I have missed anyone who got a medal)

Also bronzes for Sylvia Brown and Connie Adams today.

3 more medals today, including a second medal for Janet Cooksey and Georgina Usher takes Gold. Our first European Veteran Champion at these championships.

Great results today and now 11 medals won.

Well done.

Now 12 medals won. Good luck for the final day tomorrow.

GB Vets end up with 13 medals. Richard Cohen won Bronze today.

Not sure where GB are on the medal table, but seems good results to me.

The great thing is people doing what they enjoy and are also good at.

Keep it going GB Vets.

Keith

Senior Member marg has a spectacular aura aboutmarg has a spectacular aura about marg's Avatar

Default Vets Europeans

I have not found a report on the British fencing web site. Is there one?
    There were over 80 GB fencers in attendance and European medals won and fought hard for.
    However, I will look again I might have missed the updates.

Senior Member rpryer is a jewel in the roughrpryer is a jewel in the roughrpryer is a jewel in the rough

Whilst it would be good to see some recognition of their efforts, probably the reason there is no mention is that it was not a British Fencing selected representative team.

+ Reply to Thread