+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fencing for visually impaired

Member jacquesdor has a spectacular aura aboutjacquesdor has a spectacular aura aboutjacquesdor has a spectacular aura about jacquesdor's Avatar

Default Fencing for visually impaired

I have had an enquiry about visually impaired fencing.

I think I may have read something about this on the forum, does anyone have any idea.
    The originally enquirer could find nothing other than information about wheelchair fencing.

Thanks.....
    The longer I do it the harder it gets.

Initiate jimcrawfurd is just really nicejimcrawfurd is just really nicejimcrawfurd is just really nicejimcrawfurd is just really nicejimcrawfurd is just really nice

Not sure if there is anything on the forum, but John Croxon at Norfolk Fencing Club has done a fair bit of work on fencing for the blind. Googling "John Croxon fencing" will bring up some articles about this. I have an email address for him - not sure if it's up to date, but happy to try it for you.

Senior Member Cyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to behold Cyranna's Father's Avatar

might be slightly off topic but one of my more interesting & rewarding experiences within sport was helping to train a visually impaired team of ex-servicemen from St Dunstans to shoot rifles using an accoustic sighting system

We even made the cover of National Enquirer in the States
    just a daddy...and chauffeur

Senior Member coach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond reputecoach carson has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why this thread is under wheelchair fencing, but found this video which might be of some use to a coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ0vi9lawH4

We have a completely blind student at my salle in Burbank, CA. I posted a thread or 2 about his efforts at Fencing.net (pardon the sometimes snippy tone...there were a few people who really ticked me off with their attitude about it.)

Original thread: http://www.fencing.net/forums/thread58018.html
    Follow-on thread: http://www.fencing.net/forums/thread64201.html

If you want, I can try to put you in touch with Tim Weske, who's teaching the kid. PM me if interested and I'll shoot you his email address. There are a couple of other links in the first thread as well.

+ Reply to Thread