+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meteor explodes over Russia - hundreds injured!

Moderator Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute Gav's Avatar

Default Meteor explodes over Russia - hundreds injured!

When I got up this morning the BBC news was proclaiming a "record breaking asteroid miss" - without any irony.

Meanwhile in Russia...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...tes?intcmp=122
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.

It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

Kian Ryan purple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond reputepurple has a reputation beyond repute purple's Avatar

That night, too, there was another jetting out of gas from the distant planet. I saw it. A reddish flash at the edge, the slightest projection of the outline just as the chronometer struck midnight; and at that I told Ogilvy and he took my place. The night was warm and I was thirsty, and I went stretching my legs clumsily and feeling my way in the darkness, to the little table where the siphon stood, while Ogilvy exclaimed at the streamer of gas that came out towards us.

Member Honeybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the roughHoneybadger is a jewel in the rough Honeybadger's Avatar

"The Russian Academy of Sciences estimates that the meteor weighed about 10 tonnes and entered the Earth's atmosphere at a speed of at least 54,000 km/h (33,000mph)."

I agree with whatever it was the Russian shouted in that video...
    Épée-n in the leg.

Senior Member TBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud ofTBennett has much to be proud of

This stuff still surprises me sometimes...

Moderator Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute Gav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBennett View Post
    This stuff still surprises me sometimes...

BWA HA HA HA HA HA (in lieu of rep)
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.

It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

+ Reply to Thread