+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Selection rules or are they guidelines or does it depend on lunar cycles or worse

Senior Member MatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant futureMatFink has a brilliant future MatFink's Avatar

Default Selection rules or are they guidelines or does it depend on lunar cycles or worse

As many if not everyone knows I am an advocate of sending full teams to championships. My opinion; not right; not wrong just the opinion of one coach.

I also have no problem with selections rules being set provided that they are well thought out and applied robustly so everyone knows where they stand.

I am also happy for these rules to instead be guidelines again provided they are well thought out and reasonably applied.

Now I am not going to fixate on the 'rules' from this past season and how poorly thought out they were. Anyone with a calculator could work out the maths on that one. They also encourage weapon selectors to target weaker events in order to give athletres a reasonable chance to qualify.

What I am banging a drum over is that these rules (that were not even understood by officials) and which are very poorly thought out inbthe first place have been applied rigidly to some athletes and not to others.

Lets try in the future to set rules that make sense; apply them robustly rather than bend them for some and not for others; and thrn atleast everyone knows what the game ia and what they are playing for.
    www.fencingphotos.com

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Senior Member jmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to alljmayle is a name known to all

Here Here...... so you have noticed as well. I am not being drawn into this further though, it opens a direct line to BF.

Senior Member The Driver is a jewel in the roughThe Driver is a jewel in the roughThe Driver is a jewel in the roughThe Driver is a jewel in the rough The Driver's Avatar
    South East England (Greater London really)

Quote Originally Posted by jmayle View Post
    Here Here...... so you have noticed as well. I am not being drawn into this further though, it opens a direct line to BF.
    Are you sure?
    What time does check-in close? How far away are we?

No Junior mens sabre Team at the European Championships even though 2 fencers have been selected seems very short sighted. Considering they beat the French A team this year in Udine World Cup!!!

Would it of been that problematic to include another????

+ Reply to Thread