Thread: Duellist Equipment

Forum Rabbit

Default Duellist Equipment

Hi All
    Could anyone let me know what the situation is with the Duellist equipment company. There web site is well out of date and they do not respond to email. I did phone once but the response i got was far from convincing.
    In the past under the old management i purchased a lot of club equipment and it was very satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Cockney View Post
    Hi All
    Could anyone let me know what the situation is with the Duellist equipment company. There web site is well out of date and they do not respond to email. I did phone once but the response i got was far from convincing.
    In the past under the old management i purchased a lot of club equipment and it was very satisfactory.
    I recently bought a bag for my son and it arrived within a couple of days.

Forum Rabbit

I've bought several discounted bags and gloves in April , all of which arrived within 3-4 days of ordering , but .. the website does look out of date , and many , many items are out of stock. It looks to me as though they are just trying to clear out what stocks they have

Hi All
    Likewise I just bought a bag and in arrived with in two days.

I think the site is remaining active whilst they are selling off there old stock. Anything that's marked as in stock and available for delivery will be shipped with in a day or two; whilst anything marked out of stock available in 3-5 days I think is permanently out of stock.

Its a shame though as I did like some of the Duellist equipment both for club and personal use.
    Rob Johnson, Great Yarmouth & Waveney Fencing Club / UEA Fencing Club

Duellist is still active as a company.

They were brought out about 18 months ago (maybe Longer) by a Fencer who is also a sports Clothing Designer/Manufacturer. The plan as i had it explained to me was to sell off all the Duellist stock and then re-stock with newly designed products under the duellist name. It seems to be taking a lot longer than planned though.

So not an active supplier that you are actually able to order from then. Or am I misunderstanding the information on these posts.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Card Trick View Post
    So not an active supplier that you are actually able to order from then. Or am I misunderstanding the information on these posts.
    If the item is in stock,you can order it.

Hi All

Just to clarify what is happening with regards Duellist, a year and a half ago (or so) I agreed to run and manage the brand alongside my main business Tempest. I never actually bought the company I just held/hold the licence to run the brand.
    The plan initially was to restock the brand based on the stock we had using the existing suppliers, however we found that the old supply base was no longer viable (the problem with the Chinese suppliers being highlighted) and that it would take more time and investment then originally planned to rebuild the brand. The very sad passing away of the actual owner of Duellist last year has also understandably further complicated matters.

As many have pointed out we are just at the moment selling off the remaining stock the Duellist has, there are certainly plans in place for the brand to be relaunched with a new product range, but I can't give an accurate time scale on that yet.

Many apologies for the lack of updates on the website I will make sure that is rectified over the coming few days and try and ensure that the online stock is updated as well

All the best

Alp
    Interest - the delight in understanding - comes from the unknown
    Reason can answer questions, but imagination has to ask them.

Good to hear the equipment was satisfactory, just picked up a new old stock Duellist fencing glove off eBay for 12 which felt like a good deal for a new still in the packet fencing glove. I wonder how much these ran when the business was active...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222542796817