Thread: Darebee?

Default Darebee?

Hi All,

I've gone back to the gym (yes I know) and I realised that it's been so long that I have essentially forgotten what to do! So rather than hire a personal trainer I've been looking around for good resources for general fitness. Note that this isn't specifically fencing related stuff - although that might come later ...

Has anyone looked at Darebee?

http://darebee.com

Clearly it's aimed at the beginner market and I confess that the RPG element appeals to my nerdier side ... but from the brief amount of time I've spent looking at it I think it looks alright. And it's certainly comprehensive.

Does anyone else have an opinion?
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.

It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

Marshalls Fencing/Northwich Fencing/Lancaster Uni

While I don't, it's interesting just how *successful* the gamification of fitness has become.

As a fitness plan they are really quite good.
    The USP of being based around gaming or superhero workouts is a touch of genius in my opinion!

I was looking to do a few of the superhero workouts at club over the summer, the workouts are all balanced and well thought through.

Thanks Michael. It's good to know that I am not the only person who looked at this and thought it sounded useful.
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.

It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

I am honestly in favour of doing any sort of programme as long as it's sustainable, there's a plan and there's a way to measure progress/set targets.
    I'm a big fan of the Starting strength programme when you're starting back at the gym. Far too many fencers neglect strength training, especially as you're not quite the youngster you once were plus it strengthens your back, posterior chain, legs arms and shoulders with your core as a side bonus. The one suggestion that I add to it is to do a plyo workout and a flexibility workout alongside.

https://youtu.be/tApwgPsaa7s like this one.
    Jason Nesmith : You WILL go out there.
    Alexander Dane : I won't and nothing you say will make me.
    Jason Nesmith : The show must go on.
    Alexander Dane : ...Damn you.

Next Competition:t.b.d.