Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BVF Championships

Default BVF Championships

Can't see where to register for this event. Any tips, pls? Ta.

Initiate

Don't worry the entry hasn't opened yet; it'll appear on the BVF site in plenty of time, so easy to enter on the on-line entry, you can even select your meal choice for the Friday evening meal on-line if you so choose.Always a fun filled weekend, a great laugh, we've even been threatened with carding for "Too much hilarity on the piste!"
    Looking forward to seeing you there.
    Lyn

Default Thanks

Thanks - looking forward to it.7

Forum Rabbit

Default results anyhwere?

Are there any results posted up yet?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzek View Post
    Are there any results posted up yet?

Martin
    Anyone have a link to the results?

Will come up - http://www.veterans-fencing.co.uk/re...shtml#national in due course I suspect..
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

Quote Originally Posted by cesh_fencing View Post
    Will come up - http://www.veterans-fencing.co.uk/re...shtml#national in due course I suspect..
    Fancy talking us through the ME final? Wasn't the result I was expecting I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    Fancy talking us through the ME final? Wasn't the result I was expecting I have to say.
    6ft 4ish, fit, former World Pentathlon Champion & Olympic Champion, who was running at speed around the hall earlier in the day as a warm up, beats a short, unfit and slightly knackered fencing coach..

Was not that much of a surprise to me.. At least it was close..

Now I guess I need to do some training and get a bit fitter before the Euro Teams..

former World Pentathlon Champion & Olympic Champion
    Yep, that's quite some pedigree!

6ft 4ish, fit, former World Pentathlon Champion & Olympic Champion, ..
    Apologies - 6ft 4ish, fit, former World Pentathlon Champion & Olympic Bronze medallist.., but still pretty impressive..

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    Given that they were using Fencing Time I am surprised that they didn't simply let the programme take care of uploads to the BVF web site rather than waiting until after the event. Live updates are built in, all you need to do is specify the host, user name and password.
    If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

British Vets Championship 2017

Am I dreaming? I have just noticed that the BVF 2017 are to be held in Manchester 4th & 5th March. Is this right? Does anyone know where in Manchester? Also 2 days to do all 3 weapons, or have they done away with the chance to fence all three? Also does anyone know if the Foil is on the Saturday or Sunday?

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltsfencer View Post
    British Vets Championship 2017

Am I dreaming? I have just noticed that the BVF 2017 are to be held in Manchester 4th & 5th March. Is this right? Does anyone know where in Manchester? Also 2 days to do all 3 weapons, or have they done away with the chance to fence all three? Also does anyone know if the Foil is on the Saturday or Sunday?
    Yes I saw this. How marvellous we might get a more appropriate floor, which is not concrete, for our old bones, and a proper sports hall. Joy
    I am glad they have at long last recognised that we may be veterans but the majority of us work and therefore giving up a day to fence can be a luxury not available to many. As to the timetable and being able to fence 3 weapons we shall have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by M'son View Post
    Yes I saw this. How marvellous we might get a more appropriate floor, which is not concrete, for our old bones, and a proper sports hall. Joy
    Agreed, concrete floors in a shed which is very cold is not good for anyone, let alone veterans.

I heard at the weekend that it's to be held at The Manchester Fencing Centre, which is actually in Oldham.
    A problem shared is one more person to laugh at you.

This might mean that I can't attend, which really would be a pity!
    Only anarchists are trustworthy

Forum Rabbit

An interesting decision to move a Vets event North - lets hope we get lots of new Vets from the North taking part, and more fencers can make it from Scotland.

It is a long long way from those of us in the SE - Paris is closer to my house than Oldham, but I hope to be there. A lot of people drive down to Glos on the day and that won't happen with the new venue unless start times are later, and the extra hotel and travel may put some people off. It will be a shame if some regulars can't take part though.

But its only fair to spread these events around the country, and the travel burden eased on some of our fencers who have really clocked up some mileage getting to Glos or Bletchley.

So a brave move from the Committee, and thanks/well done/good luck to the Manchester Fencing Centre for taking this on. Lets hope its a success.

But its a shame to see that the second event has been scheduled in Glos the week after the Euros in Italy - any Vets planning to have a nice holiday afterwards will find they miss this event, and those who are back might not manage another weekend away so soon. Not good planning - 10/11 June would have been more sensible.

Forum Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by bafco View Post
    Given that they were using Fencing Time I am surprised that they didn't simply let the programme take care of uploads to the BVF web site rather than waiting until after the event. Live updates are built in, all you need to do is specify the host, user name and password.
    We do use FT to run the BVF Champs and we used it for the ET16 in Medway in May.

If you use FT on a stand alone PC then live updates are easy, I agree.

For the 2 events above we had a FT Server licence and have 3 or 4 PCs connected to the server over a network. The server is connected by cable to a wireless router. The PCs running the competitions are connected by wire to the router. There are up to 4 remote PCs driving results screens getting the data over the wireless.

I tried for days to get live updates to work. I finally asked a network expert and he said it was not possible to do so in this configuration as it would open up a security threat to the FT server.

If you have achieved live update in a FT Server configuration then I would be pleased to hear from you.

PS your private message box is full.