Thread: Apple I Watch

Default Apple I Watch

I have just got myself an Apple Iwatch , and I wanted to know if anyone actually wears theirs whilst fencing? I am in two minds to whether I should or not, in fear that I may smash it.

Any thoughts anyone?

Way Smarter than Boo... ChubbyHubby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltsfencer View Post
    I have just got myself an Apple Iwatch , and I wanted to know if anyone actually wears theirs whilst fencing? I am in two minds to whether I should or not, in fear that I may smash it.

Any thoughts anyone?
    I do and it has survived so far. However, it's not that accurate measuring heart rate etc. If I sit down after a fight it goes from 185 to 36.

Forum Rabbit

I wear mine every week, its not been hit yet so I can't say if it would survive a hit.

Just got my son a fitbit watch for his birthday, does anyone wear these? (Charge hr)

A Seiko 5 is high tech, right?

I've been wearing my Samsung Gear Fit (SM-R350) while fencing for nearly two years without incident. The only issue I've had is the settings changing as the touch screen activates
    Only anarchists are trustworthy

Senior Member Fencing is Fun Scotland's Avatar

I have worn my Pebble smartwatch for three years now without incident. I plan on moving to a latest generation Pebble soon.

Previously, I have worn my watch du jour when fencing since 1981 without ever receiving a hit to the watch.

I make sure to wear my watch on my *non* sword hand.

I sometimes also use a "fitbug orb" - a sort of British fitbit.
    fencingisfunscotland at a popular email service run by Google.

Paperless poolsheets for any phone or tablet. And Nintendos!
    http://clubknight.uk http://www.fencingisfun.co.uk

Just to update you. I wore my watch to a competition on Sunday it survived, although the alerts for the Test match wickets were a bit of a distraction....but in all I did in excess of 13,000 steps which said I covered over 11km!

Forum Rabbit

Ive been wearing my Apple Watch while fencing for a couple of weeks. Hasn't taken a hit yet. The only thing I find is setting it up to track activity isn't accurate. theres no option for fencing, didn't expect there to be, so the closest setting I use it 'indoor run'. at the end of the evening it tells me Ive burnt 800-1000 calories. Seems a lot, although I wont argue if its accurate.

Dean

There's a rumour doing the rounds that the next Apple watch is going to have a way to monitor glucose levels.

As any smart watch is technically an electronic communiications device which could be used to communicate to the fencer whilst on piste, it is probably not wise to wear one in a competiton with it being a black card offence and all

I have come across a few refs who would just love to use it as an excuse to get their black card out.

Quote Originally Posted by gethylogic View Post
    There's a rumour doing the rounds that the next Apple watch is going to have a way to monitor glucose levels.
    Apparently it'll be called the Toffee Apple Watch

Forum Rabbit

Just wear it.Don't worry that you will smash it.